What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

Coffs dragon

Bench
Does the club have a recruitment manager? If so does he/she know how to use a phone?

We would appear to need a 5/8 . A young guy from Gouldland is available. I wonder if anyone has made enquires
Comes under the function of General Manager of Football, Ben Haran, whom in my opinion….is as useless as “Tits on a Bull”
What has he managed in his time in charge?

Dragon David

First Grade
We know that we were trying to sign up Brodie Croft in a half hearted way and we didn't want to outlay $250K on a transfer fee for him so we didn't bother with him.

We also know that Amone's future is up in the air and Sullivan is a bit injury prone so we do need a back-up and I'm thinking that the kid from the Bulldogs, Khaled Rajab would be worth signing up. He has not been included in Gus Gould's 30.

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
Comes under the function of General Manager of Football, Ben Haran, whom in my opinion….is as useless as “Tits on a Bull”
What has he managed in his time in charge?
If I continue to bag my beloved club anymore I just wont stop and it will do me no good or anyone else because no one of any great importance at the Dragons wont listen to us members and fans. I have come to accept that we are a mediocre club, with owners and a board that are either totally nonfunctional or really have no aspirations for our future. I accept this, I accept the results we will have , I accept the recruitment we have mismanaged, our pathways for juniors we have messed up. Sure in time there will be change maybe even for the better, but that will be sheer luck and nothing else. Whilst we have the Gordons running the show our fate is sealed and I cant afford to get a heart attack over it. I have given up and I am just allowing us to self implode, yes I will go to some games and watch them on TV and remain a Dragons fan but it is with an empty heart that I remain so.

justadragon

Bench
We know that we were trying to sign up Brodie Croft in a half hearted way and we didn't want to outlay $250K on a transfer fee for him so we didn't bother with him.

We also know that Amone's future is up in the air and Sullivan is a bit injury prone so we do need a back-up and I'm thinking that the kid from the Bulldogs, Khaled Rajab would be worth signing up. He has not been included in Gus Gould's 30.

Well done Dave, that would be a good payback for them trying to poach Sullivan, In your face Mr Gould !!!

Dragon David

First Grade
Well done Dave, that would be a good payback for them trying to poach Sullivan, In your face Mr Gould !!!
Thanks justa.
If I continue to bag my beloved club anymore I just wont stop and it will do me no good or anyone else because no one of any great importance at the Dragons wont listen to us members and fans. I have come to accept that we are a mediocre club, with owners and a board that are either totally nonfunctional or really have no aspirations for our future. I accept this, I accept the results we will have , I accept the recruitment we have mismanaged, our pathways for juniors we have messed up. Sure in time there will be change maybe even for the better, but that will be sheer luck and nothing else. Whilst we have the Gordons running the show our fate is sealed and I cant afford to get a heart attack over it. I have given up and I am just allowing us to self implode, yes I will go to some games and watch them on TV and remain a Dragons fan but it is with an empty heart that I remain so.

You are very philosophical and have put everything in perspective insofar as following the Dragons is concerned justa. I am not expecting very much from our team this year and maybe not even 2024 so as you say, to prevent getting a heart attack (I've had my triple by-pass done almost 10 years ago by chance without an attack or stroke luckily), it is better to take things as they come and not get too worked up if at all over the course of the year.

But still we need to keep saying - Go You Mighty Dragons.

Mojo

Bench
In summary: we didn’t get a guy we didn’t really want; we didn’t get a guy who wasn’t really available and we didn’t get a guy who 13 other clubs didn‘t go after and who possibly wasn’t wanted by the Gusmeister even though the Dogs bought him.

but …. I hope our recruitment has a strategy behind it because there’s no denying we’re thin in some areas.