What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Have the give the club a lot of credit. Managing to retain Paulo, RCG, Matterson, Lane, Gutherson, Penisini, Brown and Moses is a fantastic effort (especially when the likes of RCG and Matterson looked gone). The only player I’m sad to see to go is Papali’i. Niukore was always going to be too expensive for our side, Mahoney appeared to have hit his ceiling and Kafusi didn’t really kick on anyway. All the players we retained are still at the peak of their powers/yet to peak and in great form. Well done. Just shows that our club is one that players want to play for.
As you say Lane, but it looks like Hopgood will surpass the inspired signing of Ice.

We’re in a good place and I woukd argue that the “window” isn’t as closed as the haters want you to think. Credit goes to not only to BA and MON, but all the way back to Max Donnelly. Nothwithstanding all the criticism, in 2023 we have stability, are financially sound and most definitely an NRL heavyweight.

Cloeel

Juniors
As you say Lane, but it looks like Hopgood will surpass the inspired signing of Ice.

We’re in a good place and I woukd argue that the “window” isn’t as closed as the haters want you to think. Credit goes to not only to BA and MON, but all the way back to Max Donnelly. Nothwithstanding all the criticism, in 2023 we have stability, are financially sound and most definitely an NRL heavyweight.

Are you really a premiership threat if your opponents and the media don't bang on about premiership windows closing?

The fact we are so relevant to both parties says our premiership window is definitely not shut.

Glenneel

Bench
i usually watch on Kayo but I'm usually out on a friday and saturday and rest on Sundays.

I hate how the replays arent immediately on Demand. It's like hours after do they become on demand. Once last year, it was like 1 day before it became on demand so I have to avoid the radio, newspaper and the forum until i watch the game.

I tried the 9 app, their on demand comes online quite fast but... it has so many ads that you can't fast forward. If you do, you get even more ads in sequence. They had like TRY followed by 4 ads then kick the goal and another 4 ads. And the ads are the same, if they were like skimpily clad cheerleaders, fair enough, but it's not..

So I never watch the 9app anymore.

When I had fox, I used to records so that was the best. But they wouldn't give me a discount on my subscription. And then like a few months after, they call back and offer me the discount and I said too late.
To avoid adds look at matches on NRL.com but they only usually come online a day after match.

Glenneel

Bench
Are you really a premiership threat if your opponents and the media don't bang on about premiership windows closing?

The fact we are so relevant to both parties says our premiership window is definitely not shut.
In my honest opinion we need a couple of speedsters in our side to truly become a premiership threat, and another really good hooker on the horizon. Outside of the halves we lack real speed in our backs (yes Blake fast but too many mistakes in his game for me).

King-Gutho94

Coach
In my honest opinion we need a couple of speedsters in our side to truly become a premiership threat, and another really good hooker on the horizon. Outside of the halves we lack real speed in our backs (yes Blake fast but too many mistakes in his game for me).
Yep a lightning outside back is what we are missing.

If Dylan Brown goes up another level he will our elite X-Factor.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Yeah 100%

Look at the Tigers premiership window it closed in 2011 and has been locked away in a cellar somewhere puffing up dust for a decade.

While the centre of mediocrity got built.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
In years gone by I’ve sh1t canned the board plenty. I’m sure we all have. But there’s absolutely no denying that in the last five or so years they’ve got as much right as you can hope for. I’m referring to recruitment and retention. Credit where it’s due, we are being guided very well.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I was watching some old games from 96 and 97 seasons.

I noticed the home team ran out first for games and away came out last.

Was that always the case in the 80s and 90s the home team ran out first.

hindy111

Post Whore

I'd want to see more of Hopgood. He looks good but is run game isn't ever going to be as dynamic as Papali'i.
I am not going to under estimate Papali'i and how good he was.

Gronk

Staff member
I'd want to see more of Hopgood. He looks good but is run game isn't ever going to be as dynamic as Papali'i.
I am not going to under estimate Papali'i and how good he was.
Well they play different positions. Edge back rowers get early ball and run at halfbacks. Middles like Hopgood play in heavy traffic. Apples and oranges.

Gazzamatta

Coach
In years gone by I’ve sh1t canned the board plenty. I’m sure we all have. But there’s absolutely no denying that in the last five or so years they’ve got as much right as you can hope for. I’m referring to recruitment and retention. Credit where it’s due, we are being guided very well.
Im thinking there are a few 3rd party agreements now days that are helping our finances. All above board no doubt and also obviously between sponsor and player. The leaks have most definitely stopped. Our professional board would be sticklers for following the rules. 34k members suggests to me there has to be external financial support.
Rheeds carrying on at The Dogs and other little snippets has me thinking we didnt break the bank to retain him. Ice is a disappointing loss and maybe we could have handled that better as he obviously didn't want to leave. As long as we learn from that mistake. Mattos excellent form up until he re signed probably contributed to losing Ice. Hopgood could well be more important to us that Ice or Matto. Heres hoping we lock him away early as, like Dylan Brown before him, he has class written all over him.
A back up hooker is our biggest concern. Hes only young but they are probably clearing the decks for the younger Arthur. Hes very young but he looks like he has game. He will probably hit Flegg later in the season and if good enough NSW Cup in 2024. Hodgo needs to stay fit but will need support in that role. If hes played 80 every week the result is inevitable. Regardless of the earlier comments by BA Ive always thought Jake will be our 14 this year. With Dyl and Mitch signed long term Jack will need to be reinvented. I can see him playing a lot of 9 this year.
Very much looking forward to TLT and Thursdays game. Its so f'n exciting.

Gronk

Staff member
Im thinking there are a few 3rd party agreements now days that are helping our finances. All above board no doubt and also obviously between sponsor and player. The leaks have most definitely stopped. Our professional board would be sticklers for following the rules. 34k members suggests to me there has to be external financial support.
Rheeds carrying on at The Dogs and other little snippets has me thinking we didnt break the bank to retain him. Ice is a disappointing loss and maybe we could have handled that better as he obviously didn't want to leave. As long as we learn from that mistake. Mattos excellent form up until he re signed probably contributed to losing Ice. Hopgood could well be more important to us that Ice or Matto. Heres hoping we lock him away early as, like Dylan Brown before him, he has class written all over him.
A back up hooker is our biggest concern. Hes only young but they are probably clearing the decks for the younger Arthur. Hes very young but he looks like he has game. He will probably hit Flegg later in the season and if good enough NSW Cup in 2024. Hodgo needs to stay fit but will need support in that role. If hes played 80 every week the result is inevitable. Regardless of the earlier comments by BA Ive always thought Jake will be our 14 this year. With Dyl and Mitch signed long term Jack will need to be reinvented. I can see him playing a lot of 9 this year.
Good clubs don't clear the decks for an 18 year old. Good clubs have 4 options and I'm sure we do.

BTW Jayden Brailey debuted for Sharks when he was 20 years 10 months. Reed debuted at 20 years 1 month. So if BA3 is good enough, your 2025 debut idea is about right.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Settle down Gazza or you’ll blow a pooper Valve before next Thursday!!

yy_cheng

Coach
We have lumelume and simmonssen

We don't really have troubles scoring long distance.

We have more troubles scoring in the red zone where our forwards get us there but we cant convert

I hope hodgo will increase our conversion rate in the red zone

Latest posts