What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
Probably not but he’s an excellent signing none the less. Added bonus being anything that destabilises the Broncos is a good thing.
How are the Dolphins being received in Brisbane bud.

Must say in Sydney I think everyone just assumes they will finish near bottom and still a bit irrelevant atm.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well they play different positions. Edge back rowers get early ball and run at halfbacks. Middles like Hopgood play in heavy traffic. Apples and oranges.

Yeah I know. Thing is we have one of the best ones in the comp already so that is why I am unsure how Hopgood improves us. Like what do we do with Matterson?

Chipmunk

Coach
Good signing for the Dolphins. I wonder how much they forked out.
The Dolphins seem to just sign players for the sake of signing a player...I guess they're in that predicament at the moment.

How many blokes do they want on likely starting Top 13 money who can really only play Centre in the Top 30 (some I guess can be the Full Back)?
Brenko Lee
Euan Aitken
Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
Oliver Gildart
Tesi Nui
Valynce Te Whare (maybe not Top 13 money

And Now

Herbie Farnsworth.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah I know. Thing is we have one of the best ones in the comp already so that is why I am unsure how Hopgood improves us. Like what do we do with Matterson?
You think that Hopgood and Matto are the same type of players ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The Dolphins seem to just sign players for the sake of signing a player...I guess they're in that predicament at the moment.

How many blokes do they want on likely starting Top 13 money who can really only play Centre in the Top 30 (some I guess can be the Full Back)?
Brenko Lee
Euan Aitken
Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
Oliver Gildart
Tesi Nui
Valynce Te Whare (maybe not Top 13 money

And Now

Herbie Farnsworth.
Farnsworth might be getting the opportunity to play fullback, similar to a couple of other blokes who felt they were wasted in the centres, Mitchell and Crichton.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
How are the Dolphins being received in Brisbane bud.

Must say in Sydney I think everyone just assumes they will finish near bottom and still a bit irrelevant atm.
Much the same mate. I think everyone here knows they’ll struggle. I’m on the Sunny Coast, about an hour or so North of Brisbane and the Dolphins would be halfway between both. I think a lot of people will adopt them as a second side, so to speak.

It helps them that Brisbane have been pretty poisonous the last few seasons. They’ll probably get some support due to that. All that being said, Redcliffe is a rugby league hotbed anyway, so they’ll draw crowds regardless.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade

You think that Hopgood and Matto are the same type of players ?

You need more than three middle forwards. Four covers most of your minutes in the middle.
Hopgood looks like he could be a gun. I'm excited. But the reality is he has yet to do anything in first grade. He's not even that experienced in reggies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's certainly done f**k all for his age, though he could follow the career trajectory of Nathan Brown, who was pretty good at his peak. It's just that his peak was so f**king short; a year or two either side of about 2018. Or maybe it's more accurate to say the pre- and post-peak years were abnormally brief.

Hopgood has played 10 games (6 wins) while at the same age Nrown had played 29 games for 11 wins. By comparison Papali'i was Hopgood's current age in July last year, with 100+ games.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
He's certainly done f**k all for his age, though he could follow the career trajectory of Nathan Brown, who was pretty good at his peak. It's just that his peak was so f**king short; a year or two either side of about 2018. Or maybe it's more accurate to say the pre- and post-peak years were abnormally brief.

Hopgood has played 10 games (6 wins) while at the same age Nrown had played 29 games for 11 wins. By comparison Papali'i was Hopgood's current age in July last year, with 100+ games.

I'm just pointing out Matterson is our starting lock. He is also not far off origin level. I'm confused why fans think Hopgood will be handed his spot automatically. It would be great if he surpasses Mattersons level. Great for us fans and our team.

But I wouldn't get carried away. He is NRL level. Im certain of that. And that's more then I can say about Doorey (Who likely is NRL level) or Moimesea who I reckon might be a flop and in NSW cup most the time.

Murchie I am also certain is an NRL level player.

Latest posts