What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hall of Fame

munge

Juniors
Does anyone else think the Hall of Fame is quite cheapened. I understand that you need too keep doing it to sell tickets and make money, and it does appear a huge money making event, but it just seems by adding 8 people or so a year, pretty much everyone who was in WWE for a period of time will get in and in about 10 years theres going to be around 200 people in the hall of fame.

Given the rate at which its occuring, pretty much from the current roster Triple H, Edge, Jericho, Batista, John Cena, Kane, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio will all be future hall of famers.

I think the hall of fame is so limited. Andre, Hogan, Hart, Undertaker, Michaels, Ric Flair, Austin, Rock, Savage and Warrior (I realise warriors mishaps, but as a wrestler had more impact than 99% of people). - These guys are a totally different class to 90% of the hall of famers. I mean im watching now the 2009 Wrestling Hall of Fame and Koko B Ware just got his award, good wrestler or not, anytime I watched him between about 1984 and 1991, the guy was jobbing. He was on about the same level as Carlito.

Big Pete

Referee
It has next to no credibility.

But I like how it honors those who have long since faded from the publics conscience.

bartman

Immortal
You're kidding me... Koko B Ware? :lol:

ware_kokob.jpg

Maybe the criteria for old wrestlers going in the Hall of Fame these days is just not dying early due to steroid abuse or drug overdoses?

Iafeta

Referee
Should be mentioned that I guess you're referring to the WWE Hall of Fame. There is a separate professional wrestling hall of fame which has a lot more cred.

zombie jesus

Staff member
The wrestlers appear to take a lot of pride in getting in to it, seems to take in to account contributions to the wrestling industry from the inside and not just what we as fans see in the ring, in a ruthless and thankless industry it's probably nice for them to get some peer recognition. Basically, the way I see it, the whole thing is for the wrestlers and the guys who work along side them, not the fans.

With the number of people getting inducted, you have to remember this only started in 93 after Andre died and then went on hiatus for about a decade up until 2005 or something, there's a lot of people to get in there.

Valheru

Coach
Undertaker and Vader announced for this year's hall of fame.

About time for Vader, I can't think of a better in ring worker who is not in there (besides possibly Owen) that has had an appropriate time away from the game so to speak. I only wish it had of happened whilst he was alive.

Undertaker speaks for himself and is a deserved headliner.

Rumours that sid vicious will be next.

Rey announced as the first entrant this year. He’s probably one of very few people to be inducted whilst active (Flair was and I think Taker too). Very well deserved.

Great Muta also going in.

Konnan is inducting Rey
Muta is a surprise. One of those guys who was massive without wwe, it’s a pleasant surprise to see them acknowledge him.

I would have thought Chavo would induct Rey, but Konnan is a solid choice as well. Dom won’t get to do so for kayfabe reasons, which is absolutely fine.

Big Pete

Referee
Muta is a surprise. One of those guys who was massive without wwe, it’s a pleasant surprise to see them acknowledge him.

I would have thought Chavo would induct Rey, but Konnan is a solid choice as well. Dom won’t get to do so for kayfabe reasons, which is absolutely fine.
They set the trend in 2020 when Liger retired and the WWE inducted him into their Hall of Fame. Liger only worked the one NXT match for the WWE, so I'd imagine it's a good-will gesture from HHH who is trying to enter the Japanese market.

Don't forget HHH gave Shinsuke the all clear to work Muta's retirement show after Vince initially knocked it back.

They set the trend in 2020 when Liger retired and the WWE inducted him into their Hall of Fame. Liger only worked the one NXT match for the WWE, so I'd imagine it's a good-will gesture from HHH who is trying to enter the Japanese market.

Don't forget HHH gave Shinsuke the all clear to work Muta's retirement show after Vince initially knocked it back.
I suppose that’s the diff between having a worker call the shots to a businessman. All the same it’s great stuff

I'm not surprised by Konnan inducting Mysterio. Konnan was the one that made sure he wasn't put into the mini's in Mexico and recommended him to WCW. They're very close friends.

And Dominic is dressing like nWo era Konnan too!

I'm not surprised by Konnan inducting Mysterio. Konnan was the one that made sure he wasn't put into the mini's in Mexico and recommended him to WCW. They're very close friends.

And Dominic is dressing like nWo era Konnan too!
Konnan is Dom’s godfather, I just thought they would go with Chavo as he has an intertwined kayfabe relationship with Rey.

Heard whispers of Umaga going in, although he is one of those guys who WWE washed their hands off when he refused rehab. Would be a pleasant shock if true. Dude was an incredible heel who sadly succumbed to his demons.

Latest posts