What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Perth Red

Post Whore
What’s being missed in the pathways discussion is the likelihood of nrl moving to a full reserve grade sometime soon. That will leave the qrl and nsw clubs in a precarious position. A new perth club will have to run a reserve grade. That reserve grade side should be in perth not ns.
what that means for clubs like newtown, Mounties and the qlnd cup clubs, and feeder situations, remains to be seen.

Iamback

Coach
Png makes the best sense being based in north Sydney if they link with the bears

I meant another brisbane side is the brisbane jets

It does solve the unsafe local conditions, Again though in a perfect world we get a 100% PNG team.

We wait until 2050 for that to be possible or get a head start and have them have a base in Sydney, Nothing stopping them fully moving up there when the time is safe

Iamback

Coach
My Bad.
Regardless I'm sure they'll affiliate with someone else in short time, that's how feeder arrangements work

To be successful they need u19's, u21's and a side in either NSW or QLD Cups. So it isn't just a case of sending 5 or 6 excess players across to play with another team.

Warriors run their own team, As does Storm but they fly in and fly out of Sydney on the same day. Much harder and expensive from Perth

Perth Red

Post Whore
To be successful they need u19's, u21's and a side in either NSW or QLD Cups. So it isn't just a case of sending 5 or 6 excess players across to play with another team.
A wc pirates team should have that based in perth. A east coast feeder club is an addition to what gets developed in perth,. be it bears or someone else.
it’s another concern I have re bears, we don’t want another storm situation.

Wb1234

Referee
It does solve the unsafe local conditions, Again though in a perfect world we get a 100% PNG team.

We wait until 2050 for that to be possible or get a head start and have them have a base in Sydney, Nothing stopping them fully moving up there when the time is safe
Plus norths leagues help fund the side

and sponsors from the richest part of the richest city in Australia will jump on board

Wb1234

Referee
The funniest thing is the Perth fans against the bears aren’t even aware how much money is in the bears traditional area

from Mosman all the way out to Chatswood and the lower and upper north shore and includes two cbds

Perth Red

Post Whore
The funniest thing is the Perth fans against the bears aren’t even aware how much money is in the bears traditional area

from Mosman all the way out to Chatswood and the lower and upper north shore and includes two cbds
Which will mean sweet fa if it’s a genuine perth club.
you might have forgotten but the reason the bears aren’t in nrl are because they went bust. Those union and afl fans in north sydney area didn’t help them then lol

Colk

First Grade

That’s great but you do realise that people are arguing for a Perth, Adelaide or PNG not a North Sydney side. It’s like me arguing the fact that there is heaps of money in South Melbourne is great for the Sydney Swans. It’s completely inconsequential.

How many times do people have to be told that an expansion into Perth, PNG and Adelaide etc isn’t about what is great for North Sydney but rather about those particular expansion areas

Also, North Sydney died yeah. If it has always been so wealthy why didn’t it save them the first time?

Wb1234

Referee
That’s great but you do realise that people are arguing for a Perth, Adelaide or PNG not a North Sydney side. It’s like me arguing the fact that there is heaps of money in South Melbourne is great for the Sydney Swans. It’s completely inconsequential.

How many times do people have to be told that an expansion into Perth, PNG and Adelaide etc isn’t about what is great for North Sydney but rather about those particular expansion areas

Also, North Sydney died yeah. If it has always been so wealthy why didn’t it save them the first time?
You didn’t understand my post

it’s literally about what the bears can offer for expansion teams

Colk

First Grade
Not if they play two home games at nso and have a minority share

you should visit the area one day then you would see

you should just catch the train to Mosman

I work in North Sydney. I know there is money there. Nevertheless, this isn’t about North Sydney. It’s about Perth, Adelaide or PNG etc.

Also, they have clearly stated that the licence is going to be with them. That’s one of their non-negotiables.

Wb1234

Referee
I work in North Sydney. I know there is money there. Nevertheless, this isn’t about North Sydney. It’s about Perth, Adelaide or PNG etc.

Also, they have clearly stated that the licence is going to be with them. That’s one of their non-negotiables.
Not if Perth negotiate they won’t own it fully

Colk

First Grade
You didn’t understand my post

it’s literally about what the bears can offer for expansion teams

I perfectly understood your post. I just disagree with you wholeheartedly.

The only area that is relevant is what you are expanding to. That’s it.

The brand or logo may help but it can only help if it is completely seperated from its historical links. That’s what a relocation is. Failure to do that is just baggage weighing down any successful expansion.

Wb1234

Referee
I perfectly understood your post. I just disagree with you wholeheartedly.

The only area that is relevant is what you are expanding to. That’s it.

The brand or logo may help but it can only help if it is completely seperated from its historical links. That’s what a relocation is. Failure to do that is just baggage weighing down any successful expansion.
So if 10k Sydney people become season ticket holders and they get a few million pa in sponsors from the north shore this is a bad thing for a Perth nrl team ?

Wb1234

Referee
Which will mean sweet fa if it’s a genuine perth club.
you might have forgotten but the reason the bears aren’t in nrl are because they went bust. Those union and afl fans in north sydney area didn’t help them then lol
So the bears went bust and the reds didn’t ?

lmao

walked right into that one

Colk

First Grade
Not if Perth negotiate they won’t own it fully

Again they have clearly stated that it is a non negotiable. You don’t go out and say it publicly and continuously if this is something that they would be willing to negotiate on.

If it were something that they were flexible on their language would be completely different. Let’s say they stated it is our intention to have ownership of the licence however we would be willing to negotiate on an ownership structure so long as (insert condition) is met. In such a situation that would indicate some sort of willingness to concede on certain things; however, their language and behaviour at this juncture would indicate the complete opposite.

Now that may change (anything is possible remember) but I don’t see that possibility as being great.

Wb1234

Referee
Again they have clearly stated that it is a non negotiable. You don’t go out and say it publicly and continuously if this is something that they would be willing to negotiate on.

If it were something that they were flexible on their language would be completely different. Let’s say they stated it is our intention to have ownership of the licence however we would be willing to negotiate on an ownership structure so long as (insert condition) is met. In such a situation that would indicate some sort of willingness to concede on certain things; however, their language and behaviour at this juncture would indicate the complete opposite.

Now that may change (anything is possible remember) but I don’t see that possibility as being great.
That’s not how negotiations work

people make ambit claims then negotiate to a middle ground

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
That’s not how negotiations work

people make ambit claims then negotiate to a middle ground
Really hard to know why they are being so strident with their non-negotiables, a) really believe Perth haven`t got a hope without them; b) over inflated sense of self-worth, c) lot of noise to appease their Bears fans d) ambit claim like you say, and we`ll negotiate from there.

Latest posts