What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R4 Fri - Dolphins 12-18 Brisbane @ Suncorp

Round 4: Dolphins v Brisbane

• Dolphins

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Phins Up!!
tumblr_n0gds2wP3L1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Wonder if the donkeys will turn back the clock to when the other qld franchises first started and the water in the away sheds suddenly not work. Old trainer played in reserves for the crushers, some of the shit they the pulled was pathetic

GongPanther

Referee
I bet, if I could, that Kafusi gets off that charge he is on. Won't matter anyway, the Dollies are in for quite a knuckle dusting fist beating from Nasty Canasta lol! Broncs 44-12.

Fangs

Coach
No JMK and no Kufusi. Two of the form players in the NRL competition.

If the Dolphins win then this will be one of the greatest wins in sports history.

blaza88z

Coach
The jealousy of Panthers fans over a Qld derby is a little disturbing.
The Broncos have lived rent free in my head for over two decades and it's fading thanks to some lunatics on here.

I expect a bit of kickback when the Broncos do well but I have noticed a common theme in this thread, they are for the most part Panther fans

Jason Maher

Immortal
The media hype for this game has been a bit silly tbqh. So many Queenslanders don't do local rivalry. They are basically stuck in Origin mode the entire year and cheer for all the Queensland teams and constantly spout conspiracy nonsense about the Sydney-based NRL being out to get all Queensland teams in any way they can. It's a bizarre mindset that I don't begin to understand, but I continually encounter Queenslanders who express it.

The media hype for this game has been a bit silly tbqh. So many Queenslanders don't do local rivalry. They are basically stuck in Origin mode the entire year and cheer for all the Queensland teams and constantly spout conspiracy nonsense about the Sydney-based NRL being out to get all Queensland teams in any way they can. It's a bizarre mindset that I don't begin to understand, but I continually encounter Queenslanders who express it.
As A QLDer & Cowboys fan …..
nope
I hate the broncos with a passion … never cheer them
ever ever EVER.
& the rivalry when the Cows played them in close games yrs ago was epic .
maybe you’re talking about Bronco fans in your post …but there’s plenty of us who are nothing like that.

flippikat

Bench
So Fox are billing this as the game of the round over the GF replay … ok then 😂
Yeah, but based on *current form* Broncos v Dolphins IS the game of the round - and that's before you factor in the whole dimension of a new derby.

Stop living in 2022. ;)

Jason Maher

Immortal
nope
ever ever EVER.
maybe you’re talking about Bronco fans in your post …but there’s plenty of us who are nothing like that.
You guys suffered for years being easybeats and watching the donkeys win Premierships. Not conducive to the "any team as long as they're from Queensland" mentality. Plus in my limited experience, people from North Queensland in general tend to view themselves as distinct from those in the South East corner, who are almost New South Welshmen.

Reflector

Juniors
Broncos v Cowboys for the first decade was the NRL's biggest club playing that club you kind of forgot about unless you were playing them. The Cowboys 1995-2003 were just "that other team in Qld". Then they started coming good and beating Brisbane and the rest is history. I've seen plenty of Cowboys fans who despise the Broncos, and I noticed on BHQ last year after NQ got knocked out by Parra there were quite a few Broncos fans going sucked in Cowboys, BUT-

The Broncos v Cowboys rivalry still largely feels like a friendly rivalry between cousins, even if it's developed more of an 'edge' over the last 10 or so years.

But Broncos v Dolphins is going to be different. It's a battle for the hearts and minds of the same people in the same city. Give it 5 years and I can see it having the same kind of feeling as Souths v Roosters, the same level of hostility. Can't wait!

blaza88z

Coach
nope
ever ever EVER.

Jason makes a valid point away from the Cowboys vs Broncos thing, Cowboys fans and players for a long time acted as though the NRL was out to get them, it can't really be denied with the way Thurston carried on

Maroon4life

Juniors

f**k the cowboys, only team I get behind more than the broncos is whoever’s got them that week.

Reading the stampede after a loss is mint.

Latest posts