What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Paul Kent charged with domestic violence offences, found not guilty

beave

Coach
He should host a segment where he speaks on any topic and the audience should guess if they can understand him

they could call it CTE or not CTE
He should talk about that time in 2004 when the team from his home town that he was asked to go play for back in the SL days but he refused to, ended his career in the finals and when going over to the fence to see his parents his old man says to him in his last ever game 'How good were the Cowboys!!!...'

butchmcdick

Immortal
He should talk about that time in 2004 when the team from his home town that he was asked to go play for back in the SL days but he refused to, ended his career in the finals and when going over to the fence to see his parents his old man says to him in his last ever game 'How good were the Cowboys!!!...'
Was Sam Thaiday’s mum there too ?

Wizardman

First Grade
All jokes aside, this guy is the biggest prick I have seen in the rugby league media......and there are a sea of them.

The way he has conducted himself over the last few years has been disgraceful. Pure arrogance in regard to what he thought was his standing in the game was sickening. He had an unchecked bully attitude towards others and his job in general. He symbolizes everything wrong with the rugby league media.

I touched base with Anthony Maroon yesterday and he replied promptly. I won't share what was said but he is one of the good guys. The bullying he copped from Kent was deplorable.

Kent deserves everything he is getting this week.

BranVan3000

Coach
All jokes aside, this guy is the biggest prick I have seen in the rugby league media......and there are a sea of them.

The way he has conducted himself over the last few years has been disgraceful. Pure arrogance in regard to what he thought was his standing in the game was sickening. He had an unchecked bully attitude towards others and his job in general. He symbolizes everything wrong with the rugby league media.

I touched base with Anthony Maroon yesterday and he replied promptly. I won't share what was said but he is one of the good guys. The bullying he copped from Kent was deplorable.

Kent deserves everything he is getting this week.
What did he do to Anthony Maroon?

Generalzod

Immortal
What do you expect from this blood sucking parasites of an organisation, I still remember what News of the World how they hacked the missing girls mobile, giving a false impression to her parents that their daughter was still alive scum of of an organisation.

Last edited:
Unless you've been convicted of domestic violence you don't have the right to comment on the matter, you just wouldn't understand what the blokes going through even if I told you.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
What did he do to Anthony Maroon?

Basically during a segment on Triple M, Kent (along with Tallis and Hooper) mocked Maroon on air over doing "cashies" (essentially cash in hand appearances at various places like RSL's and functions, tax free work in other words) which Maroon had asked them privatively before to stop mocking him over. Maroon walked out of the segment and Triple M management asked Kent to apologize.

Spoiler alert, not only did Kent not apologize, he quit Triple M then doubled down in a blathering article in the Telegraph essentially calling Maroon a sook.

Pictured left is NRL reporter Paul Kent and former Triple M colleague Anthony Maroon on the right.

Paul Kent has left his role at Triple M after refusing to apologise over an incident involving colleague Anthony Maroon. Pic: Triple M
Paul Kent has quit his role at Sydney radio station Triple M after refusing to apologise over an incident that saw colleague Anthony Maroon storm off set during a recent program.
Maroon, who hosts Triple M's weekend NRL program in Sydney, walked off mid-show after being bombarded by questions over allegedly taking cash jobs on the side.

Amid much laughter, his fellow panellists Kent, Gorden Tallis, and James Hooper all took turns at firing pot shots at Maroon, who repeatedly threatened to divulge secrets about the trio's off-air lives if they didn’t stop bringing up his alleged cash payments.
After revealing that he'd asked his colleagues to stop making jokes at his expense on numerous occasions, Maroon spectacularly walked off set, leaving Kent to anchor the program.
[IMG alt="Triple M footy presenter Anthony Maroon said he walked off set after his radio colleagues 'went too far' with their jokes at his expense. Pic: Instagram
"]https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/K...05/c36e4120-d242-11ec-bcf7-1fba4e4e004a[/IMG]
Triple M footy presenter Anthony Maroon said he walked off set after his radio colleagues 'went too far' with their jokes at his expense. Pic: Instagram
Maroon insisted the ribbing from his colleagues had "gone too far", with Kent's exit from the station centring around a "differing view" on the controversy.
Kent was asked by the station to apologise over the incident, but after refusing to do so he made the decision to cut ties with the station.
“Triple M Sydney confirms that Paul Kent has left the Sunday Sin Bin show,” a Triple M Sydney spokesman said in a statement.
“Events over recent weeks in relation to the incident on the Sin Bin went too far and we asked Paul Kent to offer an apology. Paul has a differing view and, on that basis, has made the decision to part ways with Triple M.
“We wish Paul the best and thank him for his contribution to Triple M’s NRL coverage.
“We look forward to continuing to inform and entertain Triple M listeners for the remainder of this footy season and beyond.”
Kent reiterated Triple M's statement in comments to The Daily Telegraph on Thursday afternoon.
“Triple M have asked me to apologise for the incidents that have occurred over recent weeks,” Kent said in a statement.
“I’m not prepared to do that, I have already gone on the record with my views on the matter.
“On that basis I’ve made the decision to move on from my role at Triple M. We part on good terms.”

Paul Kent insists jokes were part of the radio show​

Kent penned an article for NewsCorp earlier in the week explaining that taking pot-shots at one another was part of the Triple M radio program he and Maroon worked on together.
The NRL 360 co-host also suggested that Maroon gave it as good as he got it and should not be painted out to be a helpless victim unable to defend himself.
Speaking about his on-air walk-off before Triple M’s coverage of Canberra’s win over the Bulldogs in round 9 of the NRL, Maroon thanked his supporters after insisting the barbs from his colleagues "went too far".
“If we have to mention it, I was a little bit upset. An incident occurred here last weekend,” Maroon said.
“Obviously I thought it went too far so I took off out of the studio.
“I just want to say thanks so much to the support of all the listeners who have bothered to stop me in the street and wish me all the best.
“I was at a function today with the boys and I got a similar reception which was absolutely wonderful.
“Not only that, I don’t need to say this, but Triple M management have checked in on me everyday and made sure I need what I need to get through these times, which is probably why I’ve spent most of my career here, and I’m very grateful to them.
“It’s onwards and upwards.”

He's just a narcissistic opinionated prick. He's never been wrong in his life, his opinion is law and anyone who disagrees is a moron. He definitely wasn't one to be invited to many parties during his youth, I'm betting.