What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Paul Kent charged with domestic violence offences, found not guilty

Canard

Immortal
Honestly what's Sticky going to do?

He has lost his direct line to the media, and his propaganda mouth piece.

edabomb

First Grade
It all looks like they are preparing for his permanent exit.
Yup when the charge is as specific as the choking one there isn't really any coming back from those optics. You can't say it was an argument over the tv that there was an overreaction to.

Wizardman

First Grade
Yup when the charge is as specific as the choking one there isn't really any coming back from those optics. You can't say it was an argument over the tv that there was an overreaction to.
Bingo! There are lots of actions that can be put down to self defence. The action of choking can only be done in an attacking sense. Nobody defends themselves through choking.

flippikat

Bench
Bingo! There are lots of actions that can be put down to self defence. The action of choking can only be done in an attacking sense. Nobody defends themselves through choking.
Choking is pretty much indefensible - so much so that there was a case here in NZ where a guy (who I shall not name) felt he had to resort to a "it was her fetish" defense when a woman in his company died from strangulation.

Thankfully, his victim-blaming gambit didn't work.

soc123_au

Staff member
I’m all for hanging shit on Kent and pointing out the different treatment he’s getting than a player would but Matt Lodge should just keep his mouth shut and leave it to players that aren’t reprehensible human beings.
Lodge is a shitbag who shouldn't be playing in the NRL, but I don't mind his comment in this instance.

Belza

Juniors
Wikipedia is very informative on Paul Kent and his alleged domestic violence assault and the person who he alleged to have attacked

GongPanther

Referee
All jokes aside, this guy is the biggest prick I have seen in the rugby league media......and there are a sea of them.

The way he has conducted himself over the last few years has been disgraceful. Pure arrogance in regard to what he thought was his standing in the game was sickening. He had an unchecked bully attitude towards others and his job in general. He symbolizes everything wrong with the rugby league media.

I touched base with Anthony Maroon yesterday and he replied promptly. I won't share what was said but he is one of the good guys. The bullying he copped from Kent was deplorable.

Kent deserves everything he is getting this week.
You get three thumbs up from me on this one. Post of the month.

Rexxy

Coach
Any ideas what prominent lawyer Murph means by this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 10.52.55 am.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 10.52.55 am.png
    375.6 KB · Views: 77