What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: EELS v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD @ Fortress Commbank 26/05/23

King-Gutho94

Coach
Payten has lost the dressing room
Maybe I think he has already admitted he stuffed the pre-season after round 4.

When too soft on them after the world cup after flogging them into shape last year.

If you stuff up the pre-season it's too hard to try and build it back during the season as it's all about recovery once the games start.

Pazza

First Grade
If you take Lane, Cartwright and Hopgood as our starting backrowers then our expected bench of Matterson, Greig, Ofahengaue and Hands suddenly looks pretty good after looking like it would be a huge weakness coming into the season. Dare I say if maybe even better than last years grand final bench.

I reckon you gotta start matto in the back row and move him to the middle later in the game. If you ain't getting 70 mins out of him each week you ain't using him right.

hindy111

Post Whore
Maybe I think he has already admitted he stuffed the pre-season after round 4.

When too soft on them after the world cup after flogging them into shape last year.

If you stuff up the pre-season it's too hard to try and build it back during the season as it's all about recovery once the games start.

Maybe that's just a coach excuse to by time?

JokerEel

Coach
Look I think he let both teams have a lot of latitude and just it flow by staying out of it.

It was consistent at least even if we didn't get many penalties neither did they.

Grant Atkins in the Canberra match penalised us out of the match that night and was 10 x worse then last night.

He was lenient on the slowing the ruck down especially for them . It was shit boring for the fans.

Rocket man

Juniors
I dont think he was penalised for that. Klein, ie video ref, is just dumb and reviewed the wrong thing. The ref had actually penalised Penisini for blocking the kick chaser, which i think was a legit penalty.
Yes. But the ref thought it was ok for Luciano to do the same thing the other end after we kicked!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We are stuck with him for the rest of the season, Bea has to figure out a way to limit his involvement while bringing Hands along. Not an easy job but Hands has fitted into first grade seamlessly. Makes you wonder where he was last year when we needed a bench utility????
He was pretty f**king ordinary in reserve grade. They need to earn their opportunities.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I saw him for one game in NSW CUP. That's all I needed to know he was a priority signing. He is a better prospect then Ogden,Makatoa,Murchie,Doorey,Davey,Moimesea.
Let's hope the club wraps him up soon. I would of got the deal done 10 weeks ago.

he's a bit small but seems to be a workhorse

hindy111

Post Whore
I cant find his height and weight but I think I think he has bulked up this year.
He has excellent tackle technique, good strength and motor. Shows some skill at times.
Could be a pretty special player n time.

He isn't small. I hope we persist with him but I imagine with players back he is still behind Ogden and Makatoa

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This is why Murchie and Moimesea are an issue. Morretti has a future and should be locked up by now. Instead we are flushing good money on some nsw cup plodders with no upside at all.
If there's no upside then it wouldn't be big money. The club isn't stupid. They know how old the players are and what they've achieved. Moretti was garbage before this year. He has never been on a top 30 NRL contract, with any club. Murchie and Momoisea have both been full time footballers for years. You know what you're going to get with them. This is why we sign players like this, which includes the likes of Ogden and Makatoa. This is the first year Moretti has ever shown he would be worth an NRL contract.