What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryles it is NOT - Rejects Dragons

RedVDave

First Grade
Club is taking a pretty big risk signing him IMO which is fine BUT if it does not work those cheapskates better be prepared to pay him out early.

Hell Brisbane cut Seibold 18 months into a 5 year deal, I will reserve judgement until later though I have to give credit that he's already made a lot of demands to the board,

Parko1310

Juniors
It's not very often I agree 100% with Crawley on NRL 360 but in this instant I do....it maybe the case that Ryles will not take over till next year which Crawley is dead set opposed to and I agree...there's still half the premiership to run this year and even if a miracle happens we obviously wont make the semis..BUT we still owe it to the fans and this club to perform and win as many games as we possible can.....now whether the new coach can achieve any of this will remain to be seen...but seriously we are not 2 thirds or 7/8 through this year but only 50%....so what are we supposed to do just wait another 10 months till March next year and limp through to September in 2023.....this sitting back and just observing what needs to be done is total bullshit imo....now is the time for the new kid on the block to start leading from the front and putting his personal stamp on the place, beit the team having confidence in him as Head Coach, selections, training drills, combinations, game plans, team structures or whatever....yes hes green as far as the Head Coaching Role is concerned but now is the time to mould the side into a unit that will be better prepared to deal with whats ahead.......he's had enough coaching assistants roles with top coaches to know what's required these days.....its different cattle but still the same game.....you can't drive a car from the passenger seat.........Jason you have plenty of time to make a difference....unfortunately old bastards like me dont
I get your points, but at the same time couldn't disagree more. So many things could be completely ruined for the future if Ryles was to start coaching immediately. If that happened it would be up there with one of the very worst decisions this club has ever made, and that's saying something. I firmly believe that. I also firmly believe Ryles was by a mile the best candidate, he needs the entire off-season at the very least. The fact that he's going to start moving pieces in the background is fantastic, so long as he gets it right. Lets face it, this season is a complete write off. Lets at least give ourselves a chance going into the future.

TheRev

First Grade
Agree with Parko, our best chance of success is for Ryles to work through the 10,000 issues around setting the club up for success with a clear head and time to work through it all.. he cant do that while coaching the football side and dealing with the shitshow that are us fans and media... Carr can handle that.

By the time 2024 rolls around, he will have his head sorted, his life sorted, have the help he wants.. and hopefully he has done heaps of work with our 2023 and 2024 roster.

Ironically.. if Ryles wants to help us in 2023.. the best way he can do that is get us active in the damn player market that we have completely been left out of.. and sign the missing players we still need for 2023.. it might be the difference in earning us a couple more wins, especially as injuries mount throughout the year.

jeffdragon

Bench
Agree with Parko, our best chance of success is for Ryles to work through the 10,000 issues around setting the club up for success with a clear head and time to work through it all.. he cant do that while coaching the football side and dealing with the shitshow that are us fans and media... Carr can handle that.

By the time 2024 rolls around, he will have his head sorted, his life sorted, have the help he wants.. and hopefully he has done heaps of work with our 2023 and 2024 roster.

Ironically.. if Ryles wants to help us in 2023.. the best way he can do that is get us active in the damn player market that we have completely been left out of.. and sign the missing players we still need for 2023.. it might be the difference in earning us a couple more wins, especially as injuries mount throughout the year.
We have a few spots available for 24.
But with the players we have he's going to have squeeze the lemon frigging hard to get any more out of this crop.

justadragon

Bench
Club is taking a pretty big risk signing him IMO which is fine BUT if it does not work those cheapskates better be prepared to pay him out early.

Hell Brisbane cut Seibold 18 months into a 5 year deal, I will reserve judgement until later though I have to give credit that he's already made a lot of demands to the board,
There have been performance measures in his contract in the clubs favor, at least that is a good start if things go pear shaped, everyone will know whats coming.

blacksafake

First Grade
I get your points, but at the same time couldn't disagree more. So many things could be completely ruined for the future if Ryles was to start coaching immediately. If that happened it would be up there with one of the very worst decisions this club has ever made, and that's saying something. I firmly believe that. I also firmly believe Ryles was by a mile the best candidate, he needs the entire off-season at the very least. The fact that he's going to start moving pieces in the background is fantastic, so long as he gets it right. Let’s face it, this season is a complete write off. Let’s at least give ourselves a chance going into the future.
What he said 👆