What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The thing I don't really get about Raiders and Panthers interest in Sanders is that he is, by all reports, a genuine organising 7 with a good kicking game. Both those clubs will/may be needing a ball running 6 as they both have their playmaker/general play kicker. I could understand if they said the dogs were interested, but not those 2 teams
I think the interest in him is as a backup with massive potential, which would also be our interest in him. He has it all, running, kicking and defence. But he is only 19 and has never even played against grown men, so there’s no guarantee he’ll ever cope with the NRL. I doubt any club wants to sign him with the intent to lock him into their NRL team’s 6 or 7 jersey next year. The question then is how much of your cap can you pay to a teenager with high potential who’s never even played reserve grade. At $500k he’s a huge risk, but there’s enough demand that offering a development contract won’t be enough. The sweet spot is somewhere in between.

Ideally he would be on a dev contract next year and about $200k (top 30) in 2025, but demand from other clubs will blow these numbers out somewhat. The question is how much is too much for this player. At least our club has the best view of the player and what he’s worth.

Avenger

Immortal
You must have literally only read every 3rd word of my post.

What do you think I actually said ?
You started reasonable then shit the bed like Lisa Wilkinson. You are our virtue signaller that deep down doesn’t give two f**ks about Jake Arthur and would never admit that the kid has limited ability. I’m not saying we should bully or boo him but you basically accused everyone who didn’t rate him of doing so when he left for Manly when all we did was question his selection over more competent players.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I think the interest in him is as a backup with massive potential, which would also be our interest in him. He has it all, running, kicking and defence. But he is only 19 and has never even played against grown men, so there’s no guarantee he’ll ever cope with the NRL. I doubt any club wants to sign him with the intent to lock him into their NRL team’s 6 or 7 jersey next year. The question then is how much of your cap can you pay to a teenager with high potential who’s never even played reserve grade. At $500k he’s a huge risk, but there’s enough demand that offering a development contract won’t be enough. The sweet spot is somewhere in between.

Ideally he would be on a dev contract next year and about $200k (top 30) in 2025, but demand from other clubs will blow these numbers out somewhat. The question is how much is too much for this player. At least our club has the best view of the player and what he’s worth.
The cupboard is pretty bare at our Eels given all our eggs were thrown in the JA basket. If Sanders isnt retained then we have to go to market. I dare say our experts should have a fair idea what Sanders is capable of. Anyone external is a cost gamble so probably worth paying a bit more for our junior. More importantly the kid will want to know our plan for him.
That said we may try to get Jake back which wouldnt surprise in the least. I see hes back to NSW Cup this weekend.

Gronk

Staff member
You started reasonable then shit the bed like Lisa Wilkinson. You are our virtue signaller that deep down doesn’t give two f**ks about Jake Arthur and would never admit that the kid has limited ability. I’m not saying we should bully or boo him but you basically accused everyone who didn’t rate him of doing so when he left for Manly when all we did was question his selection over more competent players.
That's what I thought. You didn't read it.

I said that we are likely to lose Sanders because it will be hard to warehouse a talent like him behind two long term signings.

That's why a club like us needs an average, reliable half in cup (I used the term OK half) to slot in when needed (Arthur). Instead we made him unwelcome and ran him out of town.

That's all I said.

I have no idea how you got your knickers all in a knot. Lisa Wilkinson ? Virtue Signaling ? Hmmok

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
With Dlyan out atleast if we moved Bryce to 5/8 he can offer something. JA is zero loss.
Bringing in Arthur meant Moses could fill Drown’s playmaking role, with Arthur as an alternate kicker if Moses was caught on the 5th. Cartwright has no kicking game, and I would say he’s a worse edge defender than Arthur.

I’m keen to see how we use Asi. He can cover Drown’s playmaking to an extent, but he isn’t good enough to just take over his role as our primary playmaker. Moses will still need to step up there, but then can Asi kick well enough for Moses to run the ball late in the count?

Avenger

Immortal
That's what I thought. You didn't read it.

I said that we are likely to lose Sanders because it will be hard to warehouse a talent like him behind two long term signings.

That's why a club like us needs an average, reliable half in cup (I used the term OK half) to slot in when needed (Arthur). Instead we made him unwelcome and ran him out of town.

That's all I said.

I have no idea how you got your knickers all in a knot. Lisa Wilkinson ? Virtue Signaling ? Hmmok
Enough, nobody ran him out of town. Are two yobbos in a carpark represent everyone? Maybe his dad did it when he knew deep down there were better options and he was exposed as a nepo kid. I’ve heard ex players describe him as the new age Scott Fulton. And it isn’t his fault either. I don’t blame Jake at all. It was his dad’s fault. Every time he was number 14 I’d vomit in my mouth a little.

JokerEel

Coach
How much do you think Arthur was on ? Sanders if he stays will get position 30 at best. This is less than what Jake Arthur was on. So what’s your point, circular boy ?

This year that's correct if he gets promoted to the top 30 he goes to minimum wage. Which is 130k?

I would assume Jake would have been on 200k? But Sanders wont play first grade this year or even Cup probably finish the year in Flegg when back from injury.

hindy111

Post Whore
That just means he will cost at least twice as much. How much do we want to pay our backups?

If Sanders is 19 already ( I assumed 18 ) and as hot a talent as people think he'd be knocking on NRL soon. Probably by 2025 at the latest.
The fact we went all in for Moses suggests he may not be the sure thing fans think he is.

Avenger

Immortal
This year that's correct if he gets promoted to the top 30 he goes to minimum wage. Which is 130k?

I would assume Jake would have been on 200k? But Sanders wont play first grade this year or even Cup probably finish the year in Flegg when back from injury.
Exactly so as always Pou’s point is flaccid as Jake Arthur’s running game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The cupboard is pretty bare at our Eels given all our eggs were thrown in the JA basket.
WTF are you on about? He was on so little that he played most of the year in reserve grade. We threw all our eggs in the Dylan Brown basket years ago, when the Warriors came knocking while he was still under contract.
That said we may try to get Jake back which wouldnt surprise in the least. I see hes back to NSW Cup this weekend.
Manly signed him as a backup, which has been his role at Parra the entire time

hindy111

Post Whore

He is slow and no matter how hard he trains will always be slow.
If his dad wasn't BA he probably isn't making our SG ball squad and playing park footy now.

JokerEel

Coach
Enough, nobody ran him out of town. Are two yobbos in a carpark represent everyone? Maybe his dad did it when he knew deep down there were better options and he was exposed as a nepo kid. I’ve heard ex players describe him as the new age Scott Fulton. And it isn’t his fault either. I don’t blame Jake at all. It was his dad’s fault. Every time he was number 14 I’d vomit in my mouth a little.

Imagine being 20 and thinking everyone or at least a majority that supported the club you played for hated you. I remember a home game last year when his name came up on the board and you could mostly hear boos... It couldn't have been easy.

I am assuming He and his Dad though it was the best interest for his career to move on. Why other reason would we let him go?

Dont think I am defending his position in the team I think Asi will do a better job and hopefully when back from Injury our other 3 halves come through...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's why a club like us needs an average, reliable half in cup (I used the term OK half) to slot in when needed (Arthur).
Exactly. Hopefully Asi can fill this role for us, but his running game is good enough that if he turns out to have serviceable kicking and defence we won’t be able to keep him as a backup.

TheRam

Coach
Media - “Parra players disgraced the blue and gold jersey”
Most Eels fans - “Hey media, how about you take your f**ken clickbait shit of a story, roll it up, shove it firmly up your asshole, slop down some prune juice and perhaps your faecal spray will get you closer to a Walkley than your usual f**ken dribble.”
Most other NRL fans - “Hey media, did Paul Kent disgrace the journo jersey?”

Atrocity after atrocity. When will these jurnos ever learn? How utterly stupid are they? It seems like every year we pick up the paper, or switch on the radio or TV and hear that another jurno has disgraced his employer and profession. The general public is sick of it.

Something needs to be done. They need to go to re-education camps and or terminate their contracts and ban them for life. Maybe then they may wakeup to themselves. If not at least we will be spared their holier then thou fake and pathetic dribble.

Latest posts