What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Flanno

Phantom V

Juniors
He got done for cheating at Cronulla, enough said.
Yes everyone concedes that he made the wrong decisions and I’m the first to agree that he deserved the punishment metered out by the NRL. However the consensus amongst most people is in favour of giving Flanno a second chance and I actually think he’ll relish the roll of HC at the Dragons.
Whilst we’re on the subject of cheating, this is nothing new, some clubs are just more creative than others. Golf anyone?

Parko1310

Juniors
Yes everyone concedes that he made the wrong decisions and I’m the first to agree that he deserved the punishment metered out by the NRL. However the consensus amongst most people is in favour of giving Flanno a second chance and I actually think he’ll relish the roll of HC at the Dragons.
Whilst we’re on the subject of cheating, this is nothing new, some clubs are just more creative than others. Golf anyone?
Meanwhile this guy's club's star halfback is pumping the roids and it's all good. But hey, he hasn't been caught so maybe his chin is naturally getting bigger and I'm wrong??

RedVDave

First Grade
Guys just ignore maximus an attention seeking troll also said there was no culture problem at Saints despite several incidents this year alone.

If your reading this Max you said you won't support a drug cheat as a coach cool let me show you where the door is.

I'm not sold on Flanno as coach either but I will support and cheer on this team through thick and thin on your bike Max.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Guys just ignore maximus an attention seeking troll also said there was no culture problem at Saints despite several incidents this year alone.

If your reading this Max you said you won't support a drug cheat as a coach cool let me show you where the door is.

I'm not sold on Flanno as coach either but I will support and cheer on this team through thick and thin on your bike Max.
Has he always been a troll? Has thousands of posts

Maddragon99

Juniors
‘In Shane we trust’

I think all things considered Flanno was the best option so I’m good with the decision.

As fans all we can do is get behind Shane, he’ll need at least a year or two to implement real change so I’m prepared to be patient, well to an extent.

Personally I hope there’s a uptick in positivity on here, let’s all get get behind him, Hook took us to last place so the only way is up.

I do hope there’s place for Ryan Carr I think he’s proven himself but it’s obviously Shane’s decision.

dannyt

Coach
Its a good question and my honest answer is completely nowhere. I personally dont think Flanagan should ever be coaching in the NRL ever again. Im glad its not my club taking him on, but its not my club taking him on and I dont have a dog in the fight.

The only reason I jumped into the thread was when DannyT stated that Flano, did no harm, which is just false. He oversaw and allowed the Danks programme.

Then DannyT doubled down and got all offended that I made "unfounded allegations" in an ignorant attempt to link Jon mannah passing to Danks and by extension Flanagan. Ive simply corrected DannyT and pointed out that those "ignorant" "unfounded allegations" where found to be substantially true by the Supreme Court of NSW.

Just sprinkling facts where needed but i have no dog in the fight and if you are happy, more power to you. Very glad its not my club.
I didn't state that Flannagan "did no harm". I was simply paraphrasing what another poster said regarding Flannagan "doing no harm". You have come in at the tail end of a discussion I was having and taken what I said out of context. Here is the relevant bit:
1686750608651.png

I didn't call you "ignorant"-I called your post "ignorant". Perhaps that was a poor choice of words, and a better choice would've been "inappropriate". The Mannah family have tragically lost a loved member, and were upset at the time by the whole peptide-saga as documented in the article I posted. Posting those pictures for the sake of making a point on a league forum was inappropriate as it can only dredge up all the pain from over 10 years ago for the Mannah family.

There is no doubt that Dank is a piece of work. He has also been involved in other peptide scandals since Essendon and Cronulla, as shown in this article:
The court rulings, as reported by Darren Kane, are damning and Dank deserves his lifelong ban from sport. The question really becomes whether Dank and Flannagan deserve equal culpability.

Many say the buck stops with Flannagan because he oversaw the whole sordid affair, and thus he is as culpable as Dank. The final outcome of this opinion is that Flannigan should've also been banned for life. I subscribe to the point-of-view held by the ruling body-he was found guilty on several charges and banned for a period of time. His sentence is now served and so he is free to become a head coach. People can and will have differing opinions on this subject, but ultimately people's opinion do not influence the final outcome.

Did Flannagan do harm? Based on the court ruling, Dank did harm, and if Flannagan is as culpable as Dank, then he also did harm. However, the court only ruled on Dank, not Flannagan. Obviously, this doesn't mean that Flannagan doesn't share some guilt, as evidenced by the penalties imposed on him. His moral character can be best described as "questionable", but he has done the crime, done the time, so time to move on.

Last edited:

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Its a good question and my honest answer is completely nowhere. I personally dont think Flanagan should ever be coaching in the NRL ever again. Im glad its not my club taking him on, but its not my club taking him on and I dont have a dog in the fight.

The only reason I jumped into the thread was when DannyT stated that Flano, did no harm, which is just false. He oversaw and allowed the Danks programme.

Then DannyT doubled down and got all offended that I made "unfounded allegations" in an ignorant attempt to link Jon mannah passing to Danks and by extension Flanagan. Ive simply corrected DannyT and pointed out that those "ignorant" "unfounded allegations" where found to be substantially true by the Supreme Court of NSW.

Just sprinkling facts where needed but i have no dog in the fight and if you are happy, more power to you. Very glad its not my club.
That’s your opinion that’s fine.
And I personally don’t think that the Storm shouldve been allowed in the comp again and Smith should’ve been derigistured