What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Flanno

justadragon

Bench
I'd like flanno to maybe advise carr on plays and player selections(if he isn't already) couchman on the bench for example. And even advise on defence like don't run in and leave overlaps at least it would be steps for next year
I see no need for Flanno to advise on players running in. Even as an AC you should be astute to see that happening and fix it.

BLM01

First Grade
The club has refused Ben from leaving , but for me its just a bandade cover for the time being , to see what they can get from the Titans in return if they want him so badly ....... Cant see him staying long term ......
See the year out as that makes sense and doable and then in a long off season if he still aint happy then do a swap deal. Flanno may convince him

BLM01

First Grade
Flano on Gb.
Positive meeting Flano said.
Hunt aired grievances.
Both parties frustrated.
He wanted to train today but had the flu.
Hunt will play Thursday..
Flano sees him as a big part of what we will do next year.
A productive meeting.
Flano wouldn't go into detail of Hunt's grievances and what was discussed today.
Flano also said club will work hard to fix grievances.
Recruitment and retention he briefly said
A bit of work to do.
Flano talked about games this year.
He's doing behind the scenes work.
Flanno has to quit Manly surely...too much work to do

Revesby boy

Juniors
I read somewhere that Hunt is really frustrated and pissed off with the way the football program is being run and his demanding a release was the only way he could bring it to a head, and really he has no intention to leave ummm if true then he’s a smart cookie but if not then he’s a CHunt, time will tell???

56to66

Juniors

Mojo

Bench
I see no need for Flanno to advise on players running in. Even as an AC you should be astute to see that happening and fix it.
I think they've been coached with some sort of combination of up and in + sliding cover defence. Trouble is that the second part is non-existent. I think its a fitness problem more than anything. Pleased to see Flanno has already taken some actions regarding fitness. It's the elephant in the room with our poor performance.

Mojo

Bench
I read somewhere that Hunt is really frustrated and pissed off with the way the football program is being run and his demanding a release was the only way he could bring it to a head, and really he has no intention to leave ummm if true then he’s a smart cookie but if not then he’s a CHunt, time will tell???
IMO, the former is revisionist spin which leaves the latter. I, for one, don't need more time to come to a conclusion.

He's definitely not a cunning diplomat selflessly risking his career with the altruistic motive to single-handedly shock management into experiencing an epiphany.

BLM01

First Grade
we all are. Ban Haran. send ther board abroad, keep Webb as the puppet spokesman

Victoire

Juniors
IMO, the former is revisionist spin which leaves the latter. I, for one, don't need more time to come to a conclusion.

He's definitely not a cunning diplomat selflessly risking his career with the altruistic motive to single-handedly shock management into experiencing an epiphany.
He mentioned he was not happy with the lack of recruitment movement after he re-signed. I bet he was shocked that stars were not lining up to play under his svengali Anthony Griffin

jeffdragon

Bench
Flano might bring a couple from Manly.
Brown paper bags at Brookie now,Schuster signs for 3 y for reportedly $2-4 million .
Brooks, Dce,Trebojevic ×2 &. Olakauwatu.
We must be seriously paying players overs.

Dragon David

First Grade
I honestly think that Flanno will get us winning many games next year and even getting us into the top 8. He communicates very well and this will help manage the players - not like Hook.

The changes that Flanno will bring as the head coach, rather than being an assistant the last time at coaching at the Dragons, will help the rebuild for the future. He has a brilliant footy mind and a great will to win. Hopefully he will be able to get the right players to be enlisted (no rejects or has beens) and retain the right existing players. An in depth retention and recruitment program will be put into place - so important for the club. Support staff being acted on now.

Flanno cannot wait to take the reins in November I can sense.

blacksafake

First Grade
I honestly think that Flanno will get us winning many games next year and even getting us into the top 8. He communicates very well and this will help manage the players - not like Hook.

The changes that Flanno will bring as the head coach, rather than being an assistant the last time at coaching at the Dragons, will help the rebuild for the future. He has a brilliant footy mind and a great will to win. Hopefully he will be able to get the right players to be enlisted (no rejects or has beens) and retain the right existing players. An in depth retention and recruitment program will be put into place - so important for the club. Support staff being acted on now.

Flanno cannot wait to take the reins in November I can sense.
Plus I think he has a deep seeded will to prove the doubters wrong

Mojo

Bench
He mentioned he was not happy with the lack of recruitment movement after he re-signed. I bet he was shocked that stars were not lining up to play under his svengali Anthony Griffin
Yeah... I call BS. I reckon this guy just goes for the biggest paycheque at any point in time. This time around the wheeling and dealing blew-up in his face so he's back-peddled.

I didn't trust him before this (or his old mates Hook and Macca). Now I'm certain.

We should be careful not to whitewash his actions in any way. It was nothing short of loathsome skulduggery.

I've believed for a long time that we'd be better-off without him (IMO he's not a great 7 or 9). I'll be wrapped when some other sucker club pays us to take him off our hands (and, if dreams could come true, I'd throw-in Bird and offer a discount for a package deal.)

Latest posts