What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Its been a disappointing day as far as new signings are concerned ..shit happens, BUT It's just a game fellas.....my next door neighbor passed away with pancreatic cancer a few months back he was 57 he was survived by a wife and 2 kids one girl 20 and son 23....my good mate that is a dedicated Dragons supporter, (in his early 60s) never been sick in his life, was fit as buggery was sadly diagnosed recently with motor neuron disease and within months has been confined to a wheelchair and his prognosis is not good as there's no cure .......it's Christmas Day on Monday a day that we share with family and loved ones...enjoy it....we are still on the right side of the turf thats the main thing so putting it in perspective who really gives a toss about missing out on a player or two.....Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all on here

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
Its been a disappointing day as far as new signings are concerned ..shit happens, BUT It's just a game fellas.....my next door neighbor passed away with pancreatic cancer a few months back he was 57 he was survived by a wife and 2 kids one girl 20 and son 23....my good mate that was a dedicated Dragons supporter, (in his early 60s) never been sick in his life, was fit as buggery was sadly diagnosed recently with motor neuron disease and within months has been confined to a wheelchair and his prognosis is not good as there's no cure .......it's Christmas Day on Monday a day that we share with family and loved ones...enjoy it....we are still on the right side of the turf thats the main thing so putting it in perspective who really gives a toss about missing out on a player or two.....Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all on here
Spot on old mate ...... Feel much better now that you have put it that way ..... All the best buddy .....

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Its been a disappointing day as far as new signings are concerned ..shit happens, BUT It's just a game fellas.....my next door neighbor passed away with pancreatic cancer a few months back he was 57 he was survived by a wife and 2 kids one girl 20 and son 23....my good mate that was a dedicated Dragons supporter, (in his early 60s) never been sick in his life, was fit as buggery was sadly diagnosed recently with motor neuron disease and within months has been confined to a wheelchair and his prognosis is not good as there's no cure .......it's Christmas Day on Monday a day that we share with family and loved ones...enjoy it....we are still on the right side of the turf thats the main thing so putting it in perspective who really gives a toss about missing out on a player or two.....Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all on here
Hey mate. so sorry about all of this. Merry Christmas to you and your family too. I’m def not saying that this is the most important thing to worry about. But the dragons have been part of my life for a very long time. And winning games and being competitive does actually make things a little bit sweeter. But mate. I do get your post. This is really just a past time for us on here. It’s not the most important thing in the world

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I hear you Johnno, but the way I see it is we can either role around in the foetal position, or get to work on improving the players we have.

I know our halves depth is poor. Several clubs have stockpiled promising halves without any idea as to whether they will reach NRL standard.

With Amone about to be deregistered if Weidler can be believed, there is an opening for either one of our juniors to step up or for a disaffected player from another club to seek a release.

Jr was in many ways a disappointment for most of his tenure. Bud was constantly injured. It’s up to recruitment to find a diamond in the rough.

We have a host of young forwards coming through.

Last season we lost quite a few games by 6 points or less.

I simply don’t think it’s as dire as most people do.

The squad was split as a result of Griffin favouring various players. I expect Flanno will give everyone a chance based on their merits.

I expect consistent effort by a materially fitter squad. Many playing for a new contract.

Go the mighty red V !!!
After today I need a few days at least in the foetal position

If the plan was to work on improving the players we have, well and good, and I would have supported that plan. But it wasn't the plan. The plan was to get Manu, then Dearden and Connor Tracey then Wellsby and AFB and have Amone as backup. So the plan has failed dismally. And now we revert to Plan B while every other club is on their Plan A and we are already behind the eight-ball with no other players we are chasing on the market.

I'm not ready to give up on the club yet, and I'm certainly not going to curl up in the foetal position, but I reserve my right to criticise the club for what looks like ineptitude, and for being at least two steps behind every other club in NRL land. It's not good enough.
All true Johnno

Phantom V

Juniors
Great post mate! Here here.

Flanagan has proven he had zero pulling power. All talk no substance. Why the fu*k did he albut give AFB an ultimatum to answer us before Christmas. Likely spooked him.

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Hey mate. so sorry about all of this. Merry Christmas to you and your family too. I’m def not saying that this is the most important thing to worry about. But the dragons have been part of my life for a very long time. And winning games and being competitive does actually make things a little bit sweeter. But mate. I do get your post. This is really just a past time for us on here. It’s not the most important thing in the world
Mate agree with your passion re they've been a big part of your life, mine as well and its not any easier when we miss out on some of the cream after being in the wilderness for which feels like an eternity ....and your right being competative and winning does help week in week out and it would be nice to see some brighter lights next season.....just have to live in hope things may turn around sooner rather than later........cheers bud