What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Fitzy We Trust

Thanks for the great post BBB.

I think we just have to be patient with what Fitzy wants to create here. He is definitely backing internal development and if an opportunity like AFB comes around he’s pouncing on it.

It’s just a shame we can’t utilise AFB this season as he is exactly what this current pack of forwards needs.

I think the most interesting thing this season is going to be how the backline shapes up. What position does Dykes end up in? Will it be the best position for him or will it be the position offered to him to have a crack at ? Can Stonestreet force his way in to the side? Does Atkinson end up as our utility?

I just can’t get excited about our pack until we have our enforcer. (AFB) There’s just so many better forward packs than ours out there and we got beat up by quite a few of them last season.

But I’m still very excited about what Fitzy is trying to build here.

They ain't got no dominoes, they even haven't got draughts ( or chinese checkers ).

Great isn't it?
They’ve pushed all their chips in and betting Flanno can turn things around.

But this is a bigger project than the Sharks one he had. Dragqueens Club has a real stench about it. Flanno won’t have the same control he had at the Sharks either. Dragqueens structure is totally phucked.

But this is a bigger project than the Sharks one he had. Dragqueens Club has a real stench about it. Flanno won’t have the same control he had at the Sharks either. Dragqueens structure is totally phucked.
They have a opportunity though, the new sponsor has some power.
They need to go to Twiggy home state the Perth Dragons has a good ring to it

What this season I want to see in Fitz is being more ruthless with the players, not getting weeks and weeks of failing before being dropped ie Moylan.
You put a couple of bad games together next man up, keep the players on there toes.
If you are not making impact keep missing tackles let's see who else we have.
We have depth in our backs and halves yes not much experience but they look good.
The forwards well they need to aim up with AFB here in 2025 if you don't this year let's see who else we have or move them on.

That's what I want to see out of Fitz players held accountable not given weeks and weeks of non performance, or they look good against bottom teams and go missing against top 4.
Blake Brailey prime example

Frenzy.

Immortal
What this season I want to see in Fitz is being more ruthless with the players, not getting weeks and weeks of failing before being dropped ie Moylan.
You put a couple of bad games together next man up, keep the players on there toes.
If you are not making impact keep missing tackles let's see who else we have.
We have depth in our backs and halves yes not much experience but they look good.
The forwards well they need to aim up with AFB here in 2025 if you don't this year let's see who else we have or move them on.

That's what I want to see out of Fitz players held accountable not given weeks and weeks of non performance, or they look good against bottom teams and go missing against top 4.
Blake Brailey prime example

I think you'll be disappointed. Have another read of the article bad boy bubby posted. Fitz is clearly a pick and stick coach. The team needs experience badly after the losses of the likes of Fifita, Tolman, Graham, Moylan, Tracey. They'll need stability and a chance, time and games" to get it before there is rampant chopping and changing.

I think you'll be disappointed. Have another read of the article bad boy bubby posted. Fitz is clearly a pick and stick coach. The team needs experience badly after the losses of the likes of Fifita, Tolman, Graham, Moylan, Tracey. They'll need stability and a chance, time and games" to get it before there is rampant chopping and changing.
Not rampant changing Frenzy but if someone is not putting in let's give another a go.
I know he is a pick and stick but hoping now after 2 seasons he is seeing which players get lazy or don't put in when needed.
It might just take one person to get dropped to wake up others as well.
I hope they all put in from the start

Frenzy.

Immortal
Not rampant changing Frenzy but if someone is not putting in let's give another a go.
I know he is a pick and stick but hoping now after 2 seasons he is seeing which players get lazy or don't put in when needed.
It might just take one person to get dropped to wake up others as well.
I hope they all put in from the start

I can't buy into that because what one man sees as lazy can be seen as another man 's injury. We can't judge lazy from a sideline or lounge chair. We can't judge attitude that way either. Fans judge on what they see, they do it as a snap judgement based on a overt lens. But in our disappointment and/or rage we don't consider covert factors.

I seem to recall everyone, except a few, were into Will Kennedy for being lazy in that match he hurt his leg

Now we read from CF this "The year before Will played on a shoulder that was seriously impacting the way he prepared but he fought on bravely. He did a full syndesmosis that required surgery, but he played the final 20 minutes of that match"

Nearly the whole forum wanted him burnt at the stake. No pun intended.

People none too keen on Kaufusi either but he had a cunova 2023. An absolute stinker of bad situations. I look forward to him proving many wrong this year.

Last edited:

shadowboxer

First Grade
Emotions run high at the time. With time comes reflection.
We are in a way better position than we have been for a long time. Just don’t want to jinx it

Quicksilver

Bench

Flanno came into the Sharks when there was a massive cloud over the club. Sticky was giving a good kick on the way out, constantly whinging about a lack of resources. We had money troubles and I think that insurance dude and the sex scandal were fairly recent too.

I can't buy into that because what one man sees as lazy can be seen as another man 's injury. We can't judge lazy from a sideline or lounge chair. We can't judge attitude that way either. Fans judge on what they see, they do it as a snap judgement based on a overt lens. But in our disappointment and/or rage we don't consider covert factors.

I seem to recall everyone, except a few, were into Will Kennedy for being lazy in that match he hurt his leg

Now we read from CF this "The year before Will played on a shoulder that was seriously impacting the way he prepared but he fought on bravely. He did a full syndesmosis that required surgery, but he played the final 20 minutes of that match"

Nearly the whole forum wanted him burnt at the stake. No pun intended.

People none too keen on Kaufusi either but he had a cunova 2023. An absolute stinker of bad situations. I look forward to him proving many wrong this year.
I thought BB had a shocking season last year but Fitz had him player of the year, I must have been looking at the game all wrong.

I hope everyone performs and we hit it out the park.
All grades blitzing it

Frenzy.

Immortal
I thought BB had a shocking season last year but Fitz had him player of the year, I must have been looking at the game all wrong.

I hope everyone performs and we hit it out the park.
All grades blitzing it

I think he's shyte but as alluded to I don't know what his KPIs were, if he was carrying an injury (don't think so), what was his role (the one given by the coaches not us), if his dog died or if Peter Pan ditched him.

However, the one who does know gave him the MP Medal.

We know nothing.

DJDL

Bench
I think he's shyte but as alluded to I don't know what his KPIs were, if he was carrying an injury (don't think so), what was his role (the one given by the coaches not us), if his dog died or if Peter Pan ditched him.

However, the one who does know gave him the MP Medal.

We know nothing.

Precisely. Who’s to say he’s not playing exactly to strict instructions?

Still, he had some more moments.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Just on Will Kennedy, I remember one of his early first grade games was v Broncos at Lang Park, he had a shocker, looked nervous, dropped a few bombs, defended poorly.

So many at the time, said not a first grader, never want to see him in sharks jersey again and worse.

Someone dig up that thread, hindsight would make a good chuckle.

Last edited:

Latest posts