What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

First Grade
I feel like there is no point us even talking about who plays what position until trials start and we can pass our expert analysis over the individuals performance.. right now we are going off last years data, but the coaches are there every day seeing their fitness, size, ability and working it all out.. its a fresh start imo.

Flanno also said the trials for them were about building these new combinations.. so it wont be 40 players getting 5 minutes each or anything.

BLM01

First Grade
I feel like there is no point us even talking about who plays what position until trials start and we can pass our expert analysis over the individuals performance.. right now we are going off last years data, but the coaches are there every day seeing their fitness, size, ability and working it all out.. its a fresh start imo.

Flanno also said the trials for them were about building these new combinations.. so it wont be 40 players getting 5 minutes each or anything.
I agree with you but disagree this forum provides “expert” analysis
Leave that to the experts

Crush

Coach
You know what gives me the sh#*s, when young people say “just” in a customer service capacity.
Buying a juice, “that’s just $9”
Huh? It’s not JUST $9, it’s $9 fricken dollars for a juice!
Bought a t-shirt the other day, “that’s just $58”
It’s not JUST $58!!! Its fricken $58!!!

Sorry, not a rumour.

Rod Coil

Juniors
You know what gives me the sh#*s, when young people say “just” in a customer service capacity.

Sorry, not a rumour.
$58 for a t-shirt. I need details please.
Sounds a hell of a lot of money. Was it gold laced? Do tell.

Mojo

Bench

Sorry, not a rumour.
“Why don’t they / you just do xyz?”

Illusion

Bench

Sorry, not a rumour.
Yep mate I hear you it's like it's like Hunt is just 1m a year ........😭

Draginzaaar

Bench

Sorry, not a rumour.
Never heard it ever. I should get around more maybe.

TheRev

First Grade
Guys
Bit of Mail about up here about to break ,that a Prominent Titans player still agitating for an immediate release..Reading between the lines and thinking more than likely D Fafita....Well worth a crack if it is ,and we are one of the few Clubs that Can Afford him.....
Source.. MMM Brisb
Wouldnt be a 2024 player swap for hunt cause we cant afford to lose him whatsoever.. but could be the dogs or raiders chasing Fifita... .. but never know it might not be Fifita, it could be Brimson... who we would take in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Next, there will be rumors of a Fifita/Hunt swap for 2024.

Oh, for a top-level five-eighth to partner Flannagan. Maybe cash for Brimson or maybe Sloan to 6, Bird to left-center, Suli to right-center. Now there's some real change to our 2023 backline.

Last edited:

Parko1310

Juniors
Wouldnt be a 2024 player swap for hunt cause we cant afford to lose him whatsoever.. but could be the dogs or raiders chasing Fifita... .. but never know it might not be Fifita, it could be Brimson... who we would take in a heartbeat.
Raiders would be a chance although they did just sign Hosking so I'm not sure they would be posturing for an immediate release for Fifita. He does have the clause in his contract that he can leave at the end of this year if he's not happy there. Bulldogs I can't see, they've got Kikau and Preston in the second row already. If it is Fifita he'd be a good buy for us if in fact we're even in for him. Wouldn't be shocked completely if it was Brimson either. Possibly Verrills too if he wants a return to Sydney?

Dragon David

First Grade
I'd take Brimson as well but I think that Hasler will slot him in one of the centre positions and he will kill it there. He has a good swerve and an in/out movement and with open space will be a danger when we play the Titans first up this year.

Dragon David

First Grade
Raiders would be a chance although they did just sign Hosking so I'm not sure they would be posturing for an immediate release for Fifita. He does have the clause in his contract that he can leave at the end of this year if he's not happy there. Bulldogs I can't see, they've got Kikau and Preston in the second row already. If it is Fifita he'd be a good buy for us if in fact we're even in for him. Wouldn't be shocked completely if it was Brimson either. Possibly Verrills too if he wants a return to Sydney?
Yeah Verrills could be the guy.

TheRev

First Grade
Verrills could work at our club also.. we must be pressuring every hooker possible for an early release.. we are desperate with only a few weeks remaining to trials.

But yah Brimson is the one I wanted, but I know its a pipe dream..

Last edited:

Latest posts