What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade

Looking like this guy wont be at the Tigers in the not too distant future but going from how he has been, his attitude will definitely not be a good thing for our club so I say that we don't go for him if he becomes available. He is a hard to tackle type winger and close to the line virtually always scores. May not be too good though defensively. Somebody can look up his stats.

Walpole

Juniors

Looking like this guy wont be at the Tigers in the not too distant future but going from how he has been, his attitude will definitely not be a good thing for our club so I say that we don't go for him if he becomes available. He is a hard to tackle type winger and close to the line virtually always scores. May not be too good though defensively. Somebody can look up his stats.
Would have been a good pick up about 5 years ago.

redVinme

Bench
I'd take Nofoaluma, why not, hes a good winger.
30 years old, got a couple of good years ahead of him.
We're cashed up aren't we?
To the "why not".

He has a shit attitude. Is only gonna get slower and tackles as well as Sloan last year.

We don't need another rav. We need someone fast, I'd rather see what Finau can do unless they are truly worried about spending up to the cap.

Illusion

Bench
To the "why not".

He has a shit attitude. Is only gonna get slower and tackles as well as Sloan last year.

We don't need another rav. We need someone fast, I'd rather see what Finau can do unless they are truly worried about spending up to the cap.
True we do need fast wingers that can go 100m and score ....... The last winger I can think of was Morris .......

Crush

Coach
True we do need fast wingers that can go 100m and score ....... The last winger I can think of was Morris .......
Ideally yes, but are we in a position to pick and choose?
Our incumbent winger other than Rava is Fegai.
Would we rather Fegai or Nofoaluma?
Anyways, Nofoaluma ain’t coming so no point going into it too deeply.
What id do to have a young Ricky Walford or Martin Offiah again!

Dragon David

First Grade
Nene could, he just never got the ball.
Dragons have either had big and strong or small and fast players for what feels like 10 years. How we can't find/develop a winger with pace blows my mind.
This is it. Why do we have recruitment when they just don't get or put in the right players for each position? Brett Morris and Jason Nightingale were complimentary for each other as wingers, Gasnier and Cooper likewise in the centres and then we had Boyd at the back. They were in their rightful positions. How hard is it to recruit these type of players or bring in some youth that have similar capabilities which would improve weekly as the season progresses.

Nightingale was good to score particularly close to the line - so we have Rava who can do the same, are Suli and Lomax able to do what Coops and Gasnier did? I hope upon hope that Sloan can be much improved under Flanno this year and the following years if we re-sign him. The other wing spot we do need someone with a ton of speed and power. To me it is a must.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'd rather not have him in the way of someone like Finau, invest in him i reckon.
Yes, while these kids are young and "inexperienced", we don't know how they will be if they are not tried and persevered with. They might flounder but they might also be winners which helps with their confidence. The good players started from the bottom and eventually excelled. As one of my uncles said to me once - confucius said that man start at bottom of ladder before getting to the top and this applies to our good young ones. There are those that just have natural aptitude for the game who can think in a split second to do some amazing thing and have a footy brain but they are few in comparison with those numbers playing NRL.

Flanno can see the talent we have and he will be using several of these young ones this year - I hope.

Crush

Coach
I'd rather not have him in the way of someone like Finau, invest in him i reckon.
I’d rather have both at our club.
Finau is still yet to play NRL right? Besides one match where he got injured, we can’t be relying on rookies.
Anyway, I haven’t heard much talk about Finau in our plans for 2024, if it ain’t Corey Allan, which it won’t be now, we are probably looking at Fegai or maybe Sloan/Lomax

Dragon David

First Grade
I’d rather have both at our club.
Finau is still yet to play NRL right? Besides one match where he got injured, we can’t be relying on rookies.
Anyway, I haven’t heard much talk about Finau in our plans for 2024, if it ain’t Corey Allan, which it won’t be now, we are probably looking at Fegai or maybe Sloan/Lomax
I cannot see Lomax on the wing but definitely can see Sloan there for a couple or more times this year. It depends on whether or not Lomax is good enough at fullback and his replacement in the centres being just as good as Lomax if not better.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Media articles seem to suggest Bird will be a centre this year. If so, likely Lomax at FB and Sloan on the wing? Have to say I wasn’t impressed with the games I saw Bird play at centre last season but perhaps his lack of mobility down to injury and he will be better for 2024

Latest posts