What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

blacksafake

First Grade
I thought Flanno said he’ll be patient and get the right players to improve the Dragons culture. Then they add this Bulldog offcut whom had a falling out over tough training.
I don’t know what to believe anymore, except we still enjoy a 2nd hand bargain.
The fallout came about after players approached him being club captain complaining about the training issue.
I think it’s just a case of him sticking up for the players which put him offside with Ciraldo & Gus.

RedVee

First Grade
So, we signed the Fatal Mariner. I hope it works out well but why do I think the Dogs have signed someone else we really could use?
It will be nice when as supporters we get a bit of confidence back.

But I guess it explains seeing a few club officials at the League’s Club today.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade

injured alot last few years

but if healthy he is athletic and strong on that left edge as well

from Captain pre Ciraldo to continous foot injuries and a few surgeries

to given the option to leave and have another club take over 2024/25

I believe he was on $400k pa for 2024 and 2025 as per most media reports.

If true

at least $100k paid by dogs 2024 plus we can pre pay more of his 2025 as we have so much space in 2024 re the cap

so if we pay him say max $700k of his $800k for two years max

2024 - $450k ie makes no diff this season
2025 - $250k

im happy with that as it puts us in a strong position if FMolo or BMM leaves early

If we got a really good deal it might be

2024 - $350k
2025 - $200k

Ie only $550k of his remaining $800k for 24/25

Last edited:

dungay dragon

Juniors
I thought Flanno said he’ll be patient and get the right players to improve the Dragons culture. Then they add this Bulldog offcut whom had a falling out over tough training.
On the same page Coffs .Only things in our favour are
1 Comes with solid NRL Experience
2 Has a point to prove ..esp to the Bulldogs

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
The fallout came about after players approached him being club captain complaining about the training issue.
I think it’s just a case of him sticking up for the players which put him offside with Ciraldo & Gus.
I'm pretty sure he complained as well, saying something like coming back from injury the training was too hard and putting him in danger of re injury, something to that effect

thebigredv

First Grade
I can't lie, I am kind of thinking the same.

Anything longer than a 1 year contract has to come under scrutiny given those comments. The good part he is a proven player in the NRL with the potential that we can still see some of his best footy but there's a reason the Dogs happily let him go.

Certainly not the worst signing but seems ad lib.

Hopefully he wasn’t one of those bulldogs complaining to comrade Clint about having to get up too early for training.

Warm up the old scanning machine, check he’s not registered, cross your fingers he’s all good to go!

Coffs dragon

Bench
I can't lie, I am kind of thinking the same.

Anything longer than a 1 year contract has to come under scrutiny given those comments. The good part he is a proven player in the NRL with the potential that we can still see some of his best footy but there's a reason the Dogs happily let him go.

Certainly not the worst signing but seems ad lib.
I’m not sold on him at all and smells of desperation. He was told at the end of last season to look around & free to leave.

No other club seemed too interested, except the RedV recycle centre.
Whatever bait Flanno is using, he needs to change as he isn’t catching the right fish!

SnowDragon

Juniors
I’m not sold on him at all and smells of desperation. He was told at the end of last season to look around & free to leave.

No other club seemed too interested, except the RedV recycle centre.
Whatever bait Flanno is using, he needs to change as he isn’t catching the right fish!

this was my first response tbh, though I was influenced by a mate who went so far as to offer to drive him from belmore to thegong.

much depends on how motivated RFM is? Is he washed up, or trying to prove a point?

kit66

Bench
This is who we're dealing with, an intelligent, respectful and well spoken individual who doesn't shy away from the truth. I have no doubt he'll bleed red and white for us and do his best. He'll show leadership to our young fellas and tighten up our defence where it's been very weak as well as offering some potent attack and it will be nice to once again have someone running great lines in the oppositions red zone (best since Joel Thompson I'd say).
He speaks some home truths about Flanno jnr here as well.

shazam

Juniors
This is who we're dealing with, an intelligent, respectful and well spoken individual who doesn't shy away from the truth. I have no doubt he'll bleed red and white for us and do his best. He'll show leadership to our young fellas and tighten up our defence where it's been very weak as well as offering some potent attack and it will be nice to once again have someone running great lines in the oppositions red zone (best since Joel Thompson I'd say).
He speaks some home truths about Flanno jnr here as well.

More insight from him than our captain!

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Will be interesting, think he has played his best on the edge rather than middle where he was apparently unhappy.
If he is past his injuries should be a good addition to the 17…nothing else really available anyway so may as well use the allocated cap space as there are bound to be more injuries during the season.