What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aidan Sezer

Nutz

Bench
IMG_2868-1729554663.jpeg

The former Leeds Rhino had been training at Concord for less than a month when the club sacked its entire board, then announced their biggest signing in years, Jarome Luai, with the enticement that he could play at halfback, Sezer’s position.
Aidan Sezer isn't going away without a fight. What would happen if he absolutely nails it this year... he's only got a 12mth contract.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
The former Leeds Rhino had been training at Concord for less than a month when the club sacked its entire board, then announced their biggest signing in years, Jarome Luai, with the enticement that he could play at halfback, Sezer’s position.
Aidan Sezer isn't going away without a fight. What would happen if he absolutely nails it this year... he's only got a 12mth contract.

Will be a great problem to have for a change.
I think he will.
Same if Sullivan goes gang busters.
Will put pressure on the coaching staff to work out what to do and give the fans a heart attack hahaha

Vic Mackey

Referee

I wanted us to sign him in 2019 when he left Canberra. Sezer will have a very simplified game plan, kick long and finish the attacking sets well in the opposition 20. The attacking plays will mainly come from Api and the 6. Looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Nutz

Bench
I wanted us to sign him in 2019 when he left Canberra. Sezer will have a very simplified game plan, kick long and finish the attacking sets well in the opposition 20. The attacking plays will mainly come from Api and the 6. Looking forward to seeing what he can do.
He would have solved a lot of our problems Vic if we did sign him then.
I really think he has a lot to offer, even just being around the young halves to offer guidance and support.
I'm looking forward to seeing if he still has it with his kicking and passing game like in this video.
He has a better variety than Brooks has.
Brooks quiet often kicked to nobody in support as his bombs were often not high enough or to short of the line putting no pressure on the opposition.
How many times did we see Brooks kick the ball dead giving them 7 tackles.
Sezer is used to the short ingoals of the ESL so hopefully this won't be a problem. In the vid at 1:10 there is an example.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I really think he has a lot to offer, even just being around the young halves to offer guidance and support.
I'm looking forward to seeing if he still has it with his kicking and passing game like in this video.
Brooks quiet often kicked to nobody in support as his bombs were often not high enough or to short of the line putting no pressure on the opposition.
Sezer is used to the short ingoals of the ESL so hopefully this won't be a problem. In the vid at 1:10 there is an example.

I can’t wait to see the team get steered around the park by a 7 with an IQ above 10.

Nutz

Bench
Will be a great problem to have for a change.
I think he will.
Same if Sullivan goes gang busters.
Will put pressure on the coaching staff to work out what to do and give the fans a heart attack hahaha
Sullivan, Fainu and Galvin are still very young and are paid healthy lengthy contracts so they shouldn't be upset as they try to impress the coach and warrant selection.
We need to select players on form.
If we do this in 2024 and stick to that principle then we'll possibly push for a top 8 spot and more than likely find the ideal combo for Luai in 2025.
If we don't, by persevering with a player that had 1 or 2 great games then fell off, we will get into old selection habits. If someone isn't performing after a couple of games then they go and play in KOE until they are firing.
I'm not giving up on 2024 but we have to rotate. Same with the fwds.
I respected Madge but his slections were sus as was his use of the bench.
Players need a chance to play big minutes and not just make up the team. Matamua is an example...
If Pole has a couple of average games then give Justin a run on spot with more minutes.

WA Tiger

Bench
Well well Sezer can do the small chip kick while on the run.. Brooks could never do that without fking it up usually completely missing or hardly touching the ball

Tigerm

First Grade
Sullivan, Fainu and Galvin are still very young and are paid healthy lengthy contracts so they shouldn't be upset as they try to impress the coach and warrant selection.
We need to select players on form.
If we do this in 2024 and stick to that principle then we'll possibly push for a top 8 spot and more than likely find the ideal combo for Luai in 2025.
If we don't, by persevering with a player that had 1 or 2 great games then fell off, we will get into old selection habits. If someone isn't performing after a couple of games then they go and play in KOE until they are firing.
I'm not giving up on 2024 but we have to rotate. Same with the fwds.
I respected Madge but his slections were sus as was his use of the bench.
Players need a chance to play big minutes and not just make up the team. Matamua is an example...
If Pole has a couple of average games then give Justin a run on spot with more minutes.
Totally agree, but sadly with not much halves talent around the game, other clubs and the players managers know they are sitting on big dollars and will use the players ego's to look for change.
If memory serves me correct, I think Galvin hinted (last year?) that if he wasn't getting an up grade he would seek a release?
Not sure if that is the player or the manager.
TBH, I don't see anything wrong with it, if you have proven yourself, but when they have never played NRL and start demanding, it's a bit ordinary, though I think Richo, Benji and his team have handled it well so far.
But that's why the footy management get paid the big bucks hahaha

Nutz

Bench
Totally agree, but sadly with not much halves talent around the game, other clubs and the players managers know they are sitting on big dollars and will use the players ego's to look for change.
If memory serves me correct, I think Galvin hinted (last year?) that if he wasn't getting an up grade he would seek a release?
TBH, I don't see anything wrong with it, if you have proven yourself, but when they have never played NRL and start demanding, it's a bit ordinary, though I think Richo, Benji and his team have handled it well so far.
Unfortunately players & managers do listen to media, if they said they don't they are telling porkies.
If our club is continually slammed by the media then players won't want to come here....unless they get the right contract and they buy into what is presented to them eg coaches vision, club's direction.
Now that we've sorted out the front office and have a nucleus of a good team then players are more likely to buy in and either join or resign with us.
This year is going to be very important for our near future so I hope everyone gets on the boat and full steam ahead.

Vic Mackey

Referee

yeah when sezer was in the NRL I thought of him as a very similar player to Adam Reynolds, maybe not quiet as polished however similar skill set and playing style. Sezers also a year younger then him so clearly has some footy left

Tiger Ted

Bench
Unfortunately for us & not for him but Galvin is managed by Isaac Moses

Tiger Ted

Bench
It’s y we let Alex Conti go as he was demanding the same money as TDS who is streets ahead of him in ability & development

Pezz70

Juniors
I reckon Sezer is a decent signing, the Fainu’s on the other hand (and I hope that I’m way off the mark) won’t live up to the wraps. I’d rather have given Heath Mason an extra few bucks, having watched him in the juniors, the kids a bit small but he is a genuine goer, nothing flash but goes all day

Nutz

Bench
Sezers also a year younger then him so clearly has some footy left
Wow, I didn't realise this.
I think these days with all the mod training aids and training techniques, diet, legal supplements :) and medical advancements it makes it a bit easier for a player to play into their thirties.

Tigerm

First Grade
It’s y we let Alex Conti go as he was demanding the same money as TDS who is streets ahead of him in ability & development
It may have been him, I was thinking of and not Galvin?
The one great thing is, a lot of these young guys want to play together and play for the club.

WA Tiger

Bench
Play for Benj …In the past, if the talented young boys were lucky enough to be spotted which mostly they wernt ..so whoever ended as the new young guy would be sitting in the corner watching one narciccist dynasaur after another rambling on, thinking wtf is he talking about and how can I get out of this contract without getting a bad rep, & o Jesus I’m stuck here.
End of the year your thinking what happend to him and him and why?

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
It may have been him, I was thinking of and not Galvin?
The one great thing is, a lot of these young guys want to play together and play for the club.

im still disappointed we lost Conti. It’s great to have all these gun young halves however when you have this amount all around the same age some are always gunna leave. Galvin, Fainu and Large are the stand outs however are all somewhat similar players. Contis an out and out 7, whereas the others are more a 6.

Word was the Dogs offered him a top 30 from next season which is pretty nuts for a guy of his age. He’s good but isn’t a stand out who’s dominated his age like Fainu and Galvin have. They also have Mitchell Woods who’s a year older than him and a 7 too, so kinda the opposite problem to us.

Tigerm

First Grade
im still disappointed we lost Conti. It’s great to have all these gun young halves however when you have this amount all around the same age some are always gunna leave. Galvin, Fainu and Large are the stand outs however are all somewhat similar players. Contis an out and out 7, whereas the others are more a 6.

Word was the Dogs offered him a top 30 from next season which is pretty nuts for a guy of his age. He’s good but isn’t a stand out who’s dominated his age like Fainu and Galvin have. They also have Mitchell Woods who’s a year older than him and a 7 too, so kinda the opposite problem to us.
Yeah, it’s all a roll of the dice decision, isn’t it.

I mean, you just don’t know how they will step up and handle the NRL, we’ve had many false flags in the past, e.g. Jacob Miller, Zac Cini come to mind, amongst a lot of them.

The trouble for the club is, the players manager wants a big payday without the player actually doing anything and the clubs take the gamble, in case the player is the next Benji.

TBF, our conversion success in the past, for the system we work in, is pretty poor, imo. We haven’t had a lot of juniors progress. Whether that’s poor identification, or coaching, I’m not sure.

Tiger Ted

Bench

I firmly believe we have kids much better than him in particular the 3 u mention.I have a feeling Conti will end up playing Union.

Latest posts