What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
Move sloan to no 6 and Flanno to no 14 back up to Liddle and Lomax to fullback
I think that this involves too many moves at this stage. If Flanno was going to use Lomax at fullback in the comp games, he would have trialled him in that position in both the games against Souths and the Tigers even for half of the game time in both matches and put Sloan on the wing but he didn't. Likewise I think that he wants to use his son as Hunt's partner in the halves and use the bench player to give Liddle a rest. Keep it simple and if it works then all good, if not just one change would suffice not too many.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Move sloan to no 6 and Flanno to no 14 back up to Liddle and Lomax to fullback
I’ve also thought of that (I mean as a positive potential change), and assume Flanno has at least considered. As @Dragon David indicated though, it’s a lot of change at the 1st sight of trouble, and flip flopping like that will be hard. It also shifts the problem from hooker (where we have some cover) to fullback where we have a little less cover.

TheRev

First Grade
I read that Luki is staying until the end of 2025. Took up player option for additional year. Expect they will keep both those young backrowers, wouldn’t be surprised if they try to offload Taumalolo as well as Leilua
Yaa I heard this on Gus's podcast but the Cowboys have come out and denied it.. maybe Gus is up to something or maybe the Cowboys are still finalising details.. either way Gus is clearly watching that space closely..

For me buying Luki makes zero sense 'unless' Su'a is moving on.. then I suppose it makes perfect sense..

kit66

Bench
I just noticed Nick Meaney is off contract this year. Turned 26 last September, really stepped up last year in his second year at the Storm. He's safe under the high ball, averages nearly 150mtrs a game, 10 tries, 11 assists, kicks goals and comes from a good system. I'm kind of surprised the Storm haven't re-signed him given wonder boy Pap's propensity for injury.
I think Sloan is going to be a star fullback, I have faith but if he fails to live up to expectations Meaney could be an option - I mean there's not a lot of fb's on the market. Manu isn't interested I don't think, his team mates off contract this year - Suualii and Tupou would be good but unlikely.
I reckon Isaiah Tass, also off contract, from the Bunnies would be a good buy for centre if Lomax were to make a good fb convert. Great hands and good footwork.

jak

Bench
Yaa I heard this on Gus's podcast but the Cowboys have come out and denied it.. maybe Gus is up to something or maybe the Cowboys are still finalising details.. either way Gus is clearly watching that space closely..

For me buying Luki makes zero sense 'unless' Su'a is moving on.. then I suppose it makes perfect sense..
i would prefer if gus would just look after his own club and just let the other clubs do the same.

Carayannis has previously reported we will continue to persue both of the young Cowboy's forwards.
Out of all the journalists covering the game, he gets the best and most accurate mail out of the Dragons.
The expectation continues to be that Su'a will be staying.
Flanagan is doing all he can to get this squad to the level of being a consistent top 8 team.
Once round 1 has passed, fairly sure that the requirement to have at least 29 players named in your top 30 squad goes out the door, so I am expecting at least one forward to be released in the next month or so and another 6/7/9 to be signed.

maestro1

Bench
I love how the media are bemoaning the Roosters plight that they have an injury to their star outside back signing (Dom Young). They forget to mention that his replacement is Daniel Tupou or Joseph-Aukuso Sua'ali'i. They could do this no matter who gets injured. They can't even find a back row spot for Angus Chrichton. They can't even fit Connor Watson in as their 14 because they have Sandon Smith. An embarrassment of riches and the NRL can't see anything wrong with a club that could field 2 strong NRL level teams and others can't field 1. They can replace any injury with a top 4 level player. SOMETHING WRONG HERE ❌

Latest posts