What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Match Review & Judiciary charges

MRN

Juniors
Don’t see how.

they could have easily admitted to saying it but gone hard on whatever Mam had originally been saying. They could have reviewed footage to see if Haas was lying. They could have done a lot of things.

serving Leniu up on a platter seemed the stupid option to me
Considering how long it took to plead guilty after initially being "not worried at all", how do you know they didn't do that already and realized they were f##ked with what they found?

Danish

Referee
To be fair, the evidence was pretty damning. They didn’t really have much of a choice.

the evidence being Mam and Haas’s word?

If Leniu had wanted to make it difficult for the NRL by outright denying it or worse still making claims of racism the other way the hearing would have been a complete disaster for them. He did them a massive favour by admitting to it.

but they f**ked him anyway so I’m sure the roosters team are feeling great about it

JamesRustle

First Grade
Would have been 10 bweeks ut got a 2 week reduction for giving the AFL a backhander...

Leniu denied both assertions and remarkably even stated he doesn’t know who Goodes is, according to NCA Newswire reporting from the hearing, despite living in Sydney for most of his life.

If Leniu had wanted to make it difficult for the NRL by outright denying it or worse still making claims of racism the other way the hearing would have been a complete disaster for them. He did them a massive favour by admitting to it.

but they f**ked him anyway so I’m sure the roosters team are feeling great about it
There is video in the below link 14:30 for a time stamp.
Not sure if this angle has been posted yet, but the issue in question takes place from about 14:20 onwards.

I don’t think he has any background of racism at all does he?

Not like Tedesco.

Due process wise, spencer got smashed.

skeepe

Immortal
Don’t see how.

they could have easily admitted to saying it but gone hard on whatever Mam had originally been saying. They could have reviewed footage to see if Haas was lying. They could have done a lot of things.

serving Leniu up on a platter seemed the stupid option to me
The Roosters have handled this terribly as it is - gaslighting, suggesting Mam was making it up, leaking convenient stories about another sledge that Spencer apparently won’t repeat- and you wanted them to be even worse?

Wow.

Reactions: MRN
No idea.

what we know with 100% certainty is the NRL think calling someone a monkey is 1 week worse than sexually assaulting a woman in a pub
I was hard on him at first, but after some time and seeing all the effort he put in to apologise, he couldn’t have done more, I thought 3 weeks.

I just don’t believe he is a racist at heart.

Probably because most of his life has been one of multiculturalism in one of the most diverse areas in the country, maybe the world.

It just wouldn’t make sense to him as it doesn’t for almost all of us.

He played juniors near where I live.

It’s the UN out here, from kindy to first grade.

3 weeks for stupidity should suffice.

Last edited:

mave

Coach
So calling someone a monkey is now deemed twice as bad, by punishment. as being fraudulently accused of sexual assault.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So calling someone a monkey is now deemed twice as bad, by punishment. as being fraudulently accused of sexual assault.
I am in awe of your ability to hold a grudge 😂

Danish

Referee

being falsely accused of sexual assault is also considered only 3 weeks better than actually committing it.

Holding a dog on your lap is considered worse than either

I reckon that Penrith bloke being able to differ his suspension to the following year was probably the worst

Yes. IIRC, one of the few times PVL, who announced the decision, really made a balls up of it. All it did was piss off the fans of the other 16 NRL teams.

soc123_au

Staff member
Yes. IIRC, one of the few times PVL, who announced the decision, really made a balls up of it. All it did was piss off the fans of the other 16 NRL teams.
Pissed Penrith fans off as well. Was a dumb decision. Didn't work out well for Taylan either in the end. Injured the next week and missed the rest of the semis and a GF win. If he had have served the suspension when handed down he would have been back for the prelim. Then insult to injury does his acl in the WCC the next year.

Latest posts