What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

TheRev

First Grade
I'm playing catchup on HM & JF, but gonna watch NSW Cup next.. Jack from the RedVPodcast is commentating, Woolf is in QLD they said.

o BMM included on the bench, Marshke playing @6.
o First try.. the original error was AlexT, but we defended well until Tamale has rushed in and left the edge exposed.
o Their forwards are charging down field.. like we being physically dominated
o More errors giving them all the possession.. SFinau with another error playing the ball, Tamale did that last week.. really dumb errors to give away...
o Tuipoluto carries 3 over in the first time we actually had the ball in a reasonable position (off the back of a penalty)
o More errors.. im not even sure we have completed a full set.. they are all over us.. however.. got lucky with a run from feagai/tamale, and we managed to run the length and BMM came on and scared a few (hes a completely different class to the others).. and HFinau dove over from dummy half on the 5th.. under the post too.. 10-4 up.
o Good boy Dylan Egan.. simple try after a lot of possession and some foul play from the knights. 14-4, Marschke is not much of a goalkicker.. but we knew this from his previous stats.
o fmd BMM gave away a penalty while in possession after getting the shits.. and then a Tamale error and they have scored. 14-10. HALF TIME.
o Beautiful tap on from MaxF to SFinau.. somehow didnt score.. but spread it and RyanCouchman very easy stroll over. 18-10. Glover is now on at hooker, taken over Goalkicking... and... 18-10 still.
o Next set.. Marshke out of dummy half.. swerves a few times and goes 40m.. offload to BMM who sprints the rest.. under the dot.. 24-10. Actually Marshke is hooker now.. Glover playing 7.
o More foul play from the Knights.. gifted us a penalty and another easy try for RyanC.. knights self-imploding, honestly im still not sure we have completed more than a few sets all game. 30-10.. finally got a more challenging conversion.
o Glover doesnt find touch off yet another penalty from the knights..
o Glover drops it cold while were on the attack.. sweet jesus this kid.
o Tamale has his errors, but geez his feet are a weapon.. I feel like he needs another year of cup though, and/or maybe debut on the wing.. just hope/wish he wasnt in a hurry, I think he will get there.. but if we could learn anything from the other clubs.. their kids are completely ready by the time they debut.. it requires them to stay put patiently first.. as I type this.. Tamale has quite a large concussion from a head-slam.. like he was wobbly as hell for 30 seconds.... thats him for 2 weeks minumum.
o More foul play, deadset they could have 4or5 sinbins.. and they didnt send any of the knights off.. it has however got us out of our end all day.
o MaxF has taken a beautiful contested bomb for a try.. but they dissalowed for Egan being nearby.. unlucky.
o Another unforced cold error from Glover F M D.
o Few shitty ref calls, and knights spread it and their winger beat SFinau 1on1. 30-16.. goalkick from the sideline.
o Dragons turn their back after a penalty from the drop out.. knights player charges str8 thru.. and Matt Feagai pulls off a beautiful 1on1 cover tackle to save a try.

=====
Final Thoughts:
o If Dragons can cut out all the ridiculous errors, they should be able to arm-wrestle games.. today the Knights were actually even worse than us, penalty, foul play and errors. Part of that problem is a few weak players who are serial offendors.
o I dont think we win without BMM & Marschke.. huge class difference. Glover was awful.
o Tuipoluto was good in patches but I reckon he needed a Flanno pre-season to get him a bit leaner, had a few lazy moments. SFinau was decent, had a few carries, I reckon he got given that chat during the week.
o Matt Feagai was actually really immense.. hats off son.. im not sure that would transpire to first grade, but I was rly proud of his efforts in D and attack.
o Tamale I reckon is our next winger if we get a 1st grade injury (even if Lomax has to go back to fullback), I think its the way to blood him.. he just has to cut out the dumb errors, cant do that in 1st grade.

Ok onto SG Ball..

Last edited:
I'm playing catchup on HM & JF, but gonna watch NSW Cup next.. Jack from the RedVPodcast is commentating, Woolf is in QLD they said.

o BMM included on the bench, Marshke playing @6.
o First try.. the original error was AlexT, but we defended well until Tamale has rushed in and left the edge exposed.
o Their forwards are charging down field.. like we being physically dominated
o More errors giving them all the possession.. SFinau with another error playing the ball, Tamale did that last week.. really dumb errors to give away...
o Tuipoluto carries 3 over in the first time we actually had the ball in a reasonable position (off the back of a penalty)
o More errors.. im not even sure we have completed a full set.. they are all over us.. however.. got lucky with a run from feagai/tamale, and we managed to run the length and BMM came on and scared a few (hes a completely different class to the others).. and HFinau dove over from dummy half on the 5th.. under the post too.. 10-4 up.
o Good boy Dylan Egan.. simple try after a lot of possession and some foul play from the knights. 14-4, Marschke is not much of a goalkicker.. but we knew this from his previous stats.
o fmd BMM gave away a penalty while in possession after getting the shits.. and then a Tamale error and they have scored. 14-10. HALF TIME.
o Beautiful tap on from MaxF to SFinau.. somehow didnt score.. but spread it and RyanCouchman very easy stroll over. 18-10. Glover is now on at hooker, taken over Goalkicking... and... 18-10 still.
o Next set.. Marshke out of dummy half.. swerves a few times and goes 40m.. offload to BMM who sprints the rest.. under the dot.. 24-10. Actually Marshke is hooker now.. Glover playing 7.
o More foul play from the Knights.. gifted us a penalty and another easy try for RyanC.. knights self-imploding, honestly im still not sure we have completed more than a few sets all game. 30-10.. finally got a more challenging conversion.
o Glover doesnt find touch off yet another penalty from the knights..
o Glover drops it cold while were on the attack.. sweet jesus this kid.
o Tamale has his errors, but geez his feet are a weapon.. I feel like he needs another year of cup though, and/or maybe debut on the wing.. just hope/wish he wasnt in a hurry, I think he will get there.. but if we could learn anything from the other clubs.. their kids are completely ready by the time they debut.. it requires them to stay put patiently first.. as I type this.. Tamale has quite a large concussion from a head-slam.. like he was wobbly as hell for 30 seconds.... thats him for 2 weeks minumum.
o More foul play, deadset they could have 4or5 sinbins.. and they didnt send any of the knights off.. it has however got us out of our end all day.
o MaxF has taken a beautiful contested bomb for a try.. but they dissalowed for Egan being nearby.. unlucky.
o Another unforced cold error from Glover F M D.
o Few shitty ref calls, and knights spread it and their winger beat SFinau 1on1. 30-16.. goalkick from the sideline.
o Dragons turn their back after a penalty from the drop out.. knights player charges str8 thru.. and Matt Feagai pulls off a beautiful 1on1 cover tackle to save a try.
TheRev on behalf of the peasants of LU, I thank you for your expert coverage. We did clock off early as our last try was in 51st min, so thinking coach Ben Woolf? wont be all too happy.

Last edited:
It looks like Flanno is prepping Marschke for the no. 14 role for first grade. He started as halfback, but shifted to hooker in the middle of the game when Glover came on, and then shifted to lock when H. Finau came back on at the end. He is a good footballer and I think he will be in the top 17 going forward. The only problem is the NSW cup team will miss his game management.

TheRev

First Grade
It looks like Flanno is prepping Marschke for the no. 14 role for first grade. He started as halfback, but shifted to hooker in the middle of the game when Glover came on, and then shifted to lock when H. Finau came back on at the end. He is a good footballer and I think he will be in the top 17 going forward. The only problem is the NSW cup team will miss his game management.
Exactly this.. I think Marshke is more likely to run and make breaks than Mulheissen (Marschke made a beautiful run after switching to dummy half yesterday). If Liddle was flat out injured and we needed big minutes.. maybe Mulheissen is in the picture.. but probably it'll be both of them required anyway.

It sux for NSW Cup though.. exactly the same issue as we had with Sullivan.. side looks great with their halfback, and dogsh*t when hes up there on the 1st grade bench.. its so hard to develop the cup side like that.. it has impact on all the other players coming through.. but.. what do you do.. winning 1st grade is always more important than anything else.

1 area of improvement is limiting/rotating the 18th man players in 1st grade.. I hate that Fifita got 14mins in round 1 and 0mins in Round 2 etc.. and I hate that Marshke didnt play any minutes in Round 1.. and so forth.

Last edited:
Exactly this.. I think Marshke is more likely to run and make breaks than Mulheissen (he had a beautiful run yesterday), possibly if required to do 60 or 80mins (for a liddle injury).. it might be debatable about whether Mulheissen is better defensively.. dunno..

It sux for NSW Cup though.. exactly the same issue as we had with Sullivan.. side looks great with their halfback, and dogsh*t when hes up there on the 1st grade bench.. its so hard to develop the cup side like that.. it has impact on all the other players coming through.. but.. what do you do.. winning 1st grade is always more important than anything else.

1 area of improvement is limiting/rotating the 18th man players in 1st grade.. I hate that Fifita got 14mins in round 1 and 0mins in Round 2 etc.. and I hate that Marshke didnt play any minutes in Round 1.. and so forth.
Fifita got a 9 minute stint and then another 5 minute stint in week 1. Barring HIA activation he'll get 0 this week. Next week Cup has the bye. It would probably have been a good idea to give Fifita a run yesterday and take a versatile and reliable pro like Dan Russell up to be 18th man.

TheRev

First Grade
Ah Benny is back.. sensational.. AND.. this is the 1 Jersey Flegg game televised on NSWRLTV.. excellent...

1. Ben Rumble
2. Cain Barnes
3. Will Starling
4. Ben Lavender
5. Khye Russell
6. Nick Quinn
7. Ashton Ward
8. Jacob Webster
9. Kyan Hjaltason (c)
10. Jett Liu
11. Dilan Asanoski
12. Campbell Watchirs