What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R3 v Cowboys

justadragon

Bench
Was at the game unfortunately. Cowboys fans singing "Goodbye" as we were walking out. Absolutely disgraceful performance. Soft as anything i wont be going to any more games until we show some fight and resolve. We played worse then last week dont let the trys we scored fool you. Pissed off is an understatement
I've got my tickets to go to the Gong but after last years embarrassing moments I had there, especially by other teams supporters, and our last 2 shit shows, I'm thinking twice now.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
First Kogarah game I have been to for quite a while. Great to walk past the legends honour boards and my old primary school. Unfortunately the corner store where I used to buy sherbets and cobbers is now a conveyancer…Atmosphere was good for an albeit smallish crowd.Lots to cheer in the first stanza I thought, we left at least three tries out there and cut them up quite often. Definitely lacked speed around the ruck without Liddle and Frank. Less said of the second half the better, watching Townsend push through 4 players to burrow over was just sad.
better than last week but lots of work to do. Troops back for Manly but geez we will be lapped if our defence doesn’t aim up.

thebigredv

First Grade
Dogs bashed Titans at Belmore.
Tigers creamed Cronulla at Leichhardt.
And the faithful Dragons played dropsies at Kogarah.

What a perfect snapshot of how far we’ve fallen as a club. Two teams we hope to end in front of just got a jump on us.

Really felt for the red and white tragics out at the oval today. Big let down.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Mate I'm driving down from just outside Brisbane in 2 weeks to the Knights home game on Friday night do you think thats worth it....and that will be after Manly inflict more pain
To be honest BSE the drive might be pleasant, but seeing us play at the Knights home ground might be best watching on TV. At least you will be home and trying to recover if we lose badly rather than swearing and cursing on the drive back.

Draginzaaar

Bench
I'm now watching the Sharks v Tigers game. The Sharks will be up there this year and they have already got their man AFB coming in 2025. What a feeling that must be knowing that the team is already doing pretty good so far this year and then they look forward to AFB coming.

All we can look forward to are duck eggs.
Yeah, Nah they got flogged by the Tigers.

Draginzaaar

Bench
I've been thinking about this comment.. and the squad losing 120kg in the off-season (Leilua aside who wasnt here) was amazing.. but then if you think.. what if we had gone into that Pre-Season only needing to lose 10kg? Surely you end up with a lot more time spent on fitness/endurance.. and less on weight loss..

So next season you'd think we will be much fitter again.. but it doesnt help our 2024 situation.. definitely does feel like we cant rebound from things going against us, when a team gets a run on...
That did not include the addition of muscle mass.

thebigredv

First Grade
watching Townsend push through 4 players to burrow over was just sad.
That will live in my memory for a long time. Some of the tries last week were soft as kittens but that particular ‘effort’ was the very reason many of us have zero faith in this playing group.
The coach has power to make them pay and be punished. Let’s see how that manifests itself.

if he doesn’t act on it then we get to keep seeing it each week and then see hunt and flano front up another somber press conference. Probably can’t afford to drop rava atm but his non contest is the very essence of pitiful failure that we’ve wreaked of for years.

deplorable

justadragon

Bench
That will live in my memory for a long time. Some of the tries last week were soft as kittens but that particular ‘effort’ was the very reason many of us have zero faith in this playing group.
The coach has power to make them pay and be punished. Let’s see how that manifests itself.

if he doesn’t act on it then we get to keep seeing each week and then see hint and flano front up another somber press conference. Probably can’t afford to drop rava atm but his non contest is the very essence of pitiful failure that we’ve wreaked of for years.

deplorable
I'm happy for Finau to come into the side in place of Rav, he's done nothing this year except show he's a dumb F$%k

thebigredv

First Grade
I'm happy for Finau to come into the side in place of Rav, he's done nothing this year except show he's a dumb F$%k
He has not done nothing to be fair. Some of his kick returns and runs out of our danger zones are wonderful but he has too many brainless moments to ever be a premiership winger. Pretty sure he’s still with us for a number of seasons. He’s a lovable character but we have to see the end of mentally weak players in our team and bring in the new era of professionalism.

Im in favour of Finau getting his second game but I’d still have Bird on top of the dropped list.

Latest posts