What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 3 2024: Parra v Manly GAME DAY thread @ Commbank Stadium March 24th

Happy MEel

First Grade
My old man died yesterday and he was the maddest keenest Parra fan you could meet (except for that bloke with all the Eels merch in his mum's shed). No way was Manly going to beat us today.
Sorry to hear Pou. Glad the boys got up to honour your old man. Any divine intervention he could provide for the rest of the season would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
They keep going on and on about it. The rule is black and white. Always has been.

Just watching the replay, fair dinkum they went on for another 10 minutes. Do they know the rule book? And its irrelevant if Moretti wasnt going to get him, but who knows if he wouldve chased him down.

I bet they would agree with the rule if it wasnt Tom T making the break. :rolleyes:

Soto

Bench
Just watching the replay, fair dinkum they went on for another 10 minutes. Do they know the rule book? And its irrelevant if Moretti wasnt going to get him, but who knows if he wouldve chased him down.

I bet they would agree with the rule if it wasnt Tom T making the break. :rolleyes:
Forward pass from turbo to interKoula in any case

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Yeah but have you thought about what his intention was? We were told last week rules should be disregarded because the player doesn't have the intention to do so. Any panther fans want to come in and comment on this week's ruling?

oldmancraigy

Coach
I think some of you are a bit harsh on Blaize.

He looked like he belonged. A few errors (one howler), but his winger is the slowest guy in the NRL, not sure why you're expecting a first gamer to cover for him?

If we managed to beat a red-hot Manly side with him there, then give him another game against the Tiggles. He won't become a better C by playing fullback for Cayless.

Sivo and Harper should be the combo in Cup. Put Simmonson outside Blaize for next week and see how he goes. A other 10 games for Blaize and he'll start getting up to speed. He has WAY more to offer than any other option at the spot right now.

@Poupou Escobar sorry to hear your news. That's hard. Hopefully the boys go on to win a premiership for him this year

Gronk

Staff member
After reading this thread, everyone has basically said what we thought at the ground.

a) that possession just had to swing back to normal and then we could have a crack.
b) that their RH attack is as lethal as Souths LH. f**k it’s sweet to watch DCE and Turbo.
c) that every time turbo touches the ball, something dangerous happens. He is really good.
d) that our bench was far superior. We grew an extra leg, whilst their fatigue grew.
e) that a few times (especially just prior to the Kelma try) where we flicked a switch and bashed them and that swung momentum.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
@Poupou Escobar if you can read this I’m sorry to hear about your old man. It’s always a shock to lose a parent now matter what your age.

That said how good is Paulo looking?? He’s look like peak Junior his toe must of really been bothering him last year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
what a tough, gritty resilient win….one of the best I’ve seen at Commbank despite the make up of our side.
The kid did real well I thought but he is simply not ready for the week to week grind but he came a long way to being a regular yesterday….
some of the comments at 14-0 was absolutely gold…🤣

anyway god bless ya @Poupou Escobar …my condolences to ya mate…I’m glad we had a win for him yesterday.