What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

Wb1234

Referee
At one stage you and Maxipad were ridiculing the low number of Papuans that have progressed to the NRL via the Hunters. If I recall correctly the poair f you said more Victorians have played in the NRL.

The pair of you are always talking about the poverty and crime rate in PNG being too high for a team to generate revenue from football operations.

Neither of you sanctimonious wankers want a team in Port Moresby.
Exactly

Perth red was saying png juniors were no good until it benefits his own crappy English side

Colk

First Grade
I didn't say he was wrong about PNG's financial problems. What I am pointing out is the ridicule he hurled at PNG players until his club signed an agreement with an ex-Queensland Cup team.

I agree he is a hypocrite however that doesn’t mean that they aren’t also right on the balance of probability about the difficulties of having a PNG NRL side.

I don’t think it is a good idea but having better pathways for the existing clubs would be

Perth Red

Post Whore
Exactly

Perth red was saying png juniors were no good until it benefits his own crappy English side
f**k off no I didn’t. I said they don’t have the pathways at a young age they need to produce nrl players. Which is a fact not an opinion you merkin.

your bitterness about this good news for the vipers is very sad.

Wb1234

Referee
f**k off no I didn’t. I said they don’t have the pathways at a young age they need to produce nrl players. Which is a fact not an opinion you merkin.

You’ve literally said ong can’t produce nrl players

when told it would be a goldmine for nrl players you laughed

now you’ve done a 180

people remember what you posted that’s why this is funny

Maximus

Coach

now you’ve done a 180

No, everyone laughed at you when you claimed it was going to produce thousands of NRL players immediately.

I agree he is a hypocrite however that doesn’t mean that they aren’t also right on the balance of probability about the difficulties of having a PNG NRL side.

I don’t think it is a good idea but having better pathways for the existing clubs would be

An NRL team from PNG will cause all sorts of logistical problems for the NRL. Few players will want to play for a team that's based out of Port Moresby. The 17 existing clubs will demand additional security measures are in place in game day to ensure player safety. There is little to no financial benefit to having a team in PNG.

I will be really surprised if the bid is given the greenlight.

Having said that, this is the best opportunity we will ever have to development the game in PNG.

Surprisingly, I saw an article from 2019 about NSW Labor wanting a PNG-based team in the NRL. If it gets over the line then it will be down to NSW Labor.

It would be more fruitful to enter junior teams in the QRL.

That's the fastest way of creating NRL players from PNG.

Perth Red

Post Whore

now you’ve done a 180

Bollox.
I’ve said they haven’t, not that they couldn’t,
I’ve said all along it will take at least a decade to get png pathways to the level they can fully build an nrl team on.

Wb1234

Referee
Bollox.
I’ve said they haven’t, not that they couldn’t,
I’ve said all along it will take at least a decade to get png pathways to the level they can fully build an nrl team on.
So with the govt money to turbo charge things it’s. a golden mine for nrl juniors for the game

Perth Red

Post Whore
It would be more fruitful to enter junior teams in the QRL.

That's the fastest way of creating NRL players from PNG.
It needs to start well before that. The jnrs need much better quality coaching, diet and facilities then there needs to big improvement in u15-17’s png systems, then they need elite jnr sides in qrl.

It’s a massive shift from where they are to where they need to be. The good thing is they have the numbers, with the right ongoing money and support they can get there in years to come.

or hkr can develop them lol,

Perth Red

Post Whore
So with the govt money to turbo charge things it’s. a golden mine for nrl juniors for the game
If done right and for many years to come, hopefully yes.
I think you are a bit in denial on what situation most of these jnr rl players are in in png. Many of them are lucky if they have boots and are playing on mud patches. there’s massive work that needs to be done to see a regular flow of nrl players out of there, some of it really basic start up stuff.

weve seen tens of millions flow into png rl in last 15 years, it’s not seen a return in terms of nrl players. Largely because they are starting at such a basic start point And the country is rife with issues Like corruption, poverty, crime, truancy and malnutrition.

Wb1234

Referee
If done right and for many years to come, hopefully yes.
I think you are a bit in denial on what situation most of these jnr rl players are in in png. Many of them are lucky if they have boots and are playing on mud patches. there’s massive work that needs to be done to see a regular flow of nrl players out of there, some of it really basic start up stuff.
When did you visit png ?

Wb1234

Referee
Haven’t visited the moon but pretty sure I can be confident in the reports you can’t breath up there!

we’ve heard plenty about the realities of png from the players that have come from there. Read Stan genes book.
So you haven’t visited it but read some posts on the internet and that makes you more of an expert that pvl and albanese and Andrew hill

Perth Red

Post Whore
So you haven’t visited it but read some posts on the internet and that makes you more of an expert that pvl and albanese and Andrew hill
Eh? No but I’ll,listen to people who’ve actually been born there and come through the png jnrs lol
You’re being nonsensical.
And this is the Vlandys who has basically bullshitted his way through his tenure, so yeh forgive me if I’m suspect when he sugar coats something.

do you honestly believe png is going to be developing, lets say just 5 nrl first graders a year within next 5 years?
Simple yes or no will do.

Wb1234

Referee
Ye
Eh? No but I’ll,listen to people who’ve actually been born there and come through the png jnrs lol
You’re being nonsensical.
And this is the Vlandys who has basically bullshitted his way through his tenure, so yeh forgive me if I’m suspect when he sugar coats something.

do you honestly believe png is going to be developing, lets say just 5 nrl first graders a year within next 5 years?
Simple yes or no will do.
Yes

whatever they produce will be five times Perth