What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7 2024: 8pm Eels v Dolphins GAME DAY THREAD @ Tio Stadium Darwin April 19th

Mickyd39

Juniors
Good lord.
Embarrassing.
I'm not going to ask for BA to be sacked as this gutless club will not get rid of him.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Jim is having dinner with BA tomorrow night to give him his marching orders.
Unfortunately dinner will be at Chez Brad, and the steak will save him and get him another 5 years

Lemon Squash

First Grade
BA has done some wonderful things for this club in his tenure. He turned us from wooden spoon basket case to a relatively consistent finals team. We got to a GF and got beaten by a champion team.

Last year wasn’t great but we were cursed with injuries and suspensions so was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and try and do something this year a bit under the radar.

But after the start we have had this year he has to know it’s time to fall in his sword. We have a talented squad of players but we look slow, one dimensional and our defence is not first grade standard.

Do the right thing BA it’s time for a new start.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I can't believe this. We put 40 on them in a half a last year and they've done the same and could be worse

DaveMc

Juniors
This was a deeply disappointing, but moreso alarming, loss. It shows, to me, that we’re far behind the eight ball in terms of how first grade rugby league is played these days. We have limited mobility in the middle, which is a killer in an era of quicker middle forwards. The problem with that is that there’s no easy fix - the problems (Paulo and Matterson especially on tonight’s performances) are on contract for a while. Lussick is absolute dogshit, for the record.

I love the guy, but this is the first time I’ve genuinely thought Gutherson might not be the best fullback choice for us. Going forward, the genuine challengers will be zippy and adaptable. I don’t know that Gutho is. Maybe if he’s busted next week that would be a blessing in disguise, to give Blaize a go at fullback. His defence is ordinary, but he’s quick.

Things will need to change pretty drastically for us to have any chance of making the 8. Our for-and-against is utter dogshit already, and it’s hard to see that changing any time soon. We have just conceded 9 tries on the trot to a team with about a third of their salary cap on the sideline.

However you look at it, that’s the most insipid Eels performance since … 12 days ago.

Time for change, from top down. It’s not all on BA, but he’s definitely a very large problem. This is a team that is not adaptable or dynamic. Let’s just hope that Lomax doesn’t have any second thoughts - given the drastically different performances tonight, I think I’d rather be playing in a Red V than Blue and Gold for the foreseeable future.