What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
Thanks Dave, well maybe we can lure him back, I'd imagine we are still on good terms with him.
I don't think that he will justa as I think that the club isn't interested and I don't think Nathan is interested as well - not for a while at least but then if the offer is too great to refuse, you just never know. Time for a good earned rest and what better place to do it than the Gold Coast.

TheRev

First Grade
I've been looking at the draw.. it has been pretty gentle so far... and we are relatively full strength..... there are some really hard periods coming later... but overall its not too bad... with only 1x Bronco/Storm game and 2x Tiger/Titan/Dogs.. not to say we will win those games.. all these sides are quality on their day... but we should be in the contest... its Broncos/Storm that are almost unbeatable for us, Penrith/Rorters not too far behind.. I hate playing them.. Anzac day is a bit different cause its a special event.. everyone is up for it.

But by end of season... avoiding Bottom 2 or even better, avoiding the Bottom 4 is our goal.. in doing so hopefully changing public perceptions about us, such that players will sign with us and we can go even better in 2025 and then 2026.

Crush

Coach
I've been looking at the draw.. it has been pretty gentle so far... and we are relatively full strength..... there are some really hard periods coming later... but overall its not too bad... with only 1x Bronco/Storm game and 2x Tiger/Titan/Dogs.. not to say we will win those games.. all these sides are quality on their day... but we should be in the contest... its Broncos/Storm that are almost unbeatable for us, Penrith/Rorters not too far behind.. I hate playing them.. Anzac day is a bit different cause its a special event.. everyone is up for it.

But by end of season... avoiding Bottom 2 or even better, avoiding the Bottom 4 is our goal.. in doing so hopefully changing public perceptions about us, such that players will sign with us and we can go even better in 2025 and then 2026.
I don’t think it matters who we play.
We have beaten Manly and Warriors, both are in conversation about winning the comp.
As long as we are playing for 80min and defending like we did last week, we will win enough games to be well clear of the bottom 4.
Broncos, Storm, Penrith and Roosters are all beatable.
Well Broncos and Roosters at least, cannot remember the last time we beat Storm…

Illusion

Bench
I don’t think it matters who we play.
We have beaten Manly and Warriors, both are in conversation about winning the comp.
As long as we are playing for 80min and defending like we did last week, we will win enough games to be well clear of the bottom 4.
Broncos, Storm, Penrith and Roosters are all beatable.
Well Broncos and Roosters at least, cannot remember the last time we beat Storm…
Hay mate if we win this week we might have to get out that bus so we can all GET ABOARD ........

It sounds silly, but the goal should always be to win the comp. We are not a fun team for other teams to play. As long as we give ourselves a chance, we can be in every match.

We've got a tough game next week. But that's followed by a 10 day turnaround, which is more or less a bonus bye. Then we've still got 3 more byes to come. We should be able to stay fresh and injury free most of the year. We'll probably only lose 1 or 2 players to Origin. We'll be playing the better teams around this time. Hopefully they are all beaten up. It's a much more convenient draw than last year.

TheRev

First Grade
didnt realise it was a 10 day turn-around.. thats really well timed.. were gonna need some downtime after this one.

And yah get the feeling Lomax will be in origin camp at a minimum... Hunt the same thing.. in camp atleast, not sure whether Marshke or Brown would take his spot, but I guess we will see more in the games to come.

SEAT 1A

Bench

If we can get over Tig's ,Dog's and Tit's and banking our wins, should finish outside the bottom four.

The boys look like they are playing for each other and responding to the coach. The cap space is there just got to sell the club as a top eight contender.

TheRev

First Grade
We sort of needed that sales pitch 9 months ago when we were trying to land the big fish for 2025, but there are a couple left in the ocean.. so any early wins help our cause immensely.. we dont actually need that many.. but 2-3 real quality first graders would make a huge difference.

In terms of Brown, Flanno said they tried to get him prior to him leaving for the UK (i.e. last year), so its a player he was chasing... he does love his ex-sharkies.

We have been lucky with injuries.
Depth will, at some stage, hurt us.
But at the moment, considering the cattle available, Flanno has done a brilliant job. I'm pretty confident, the change in team's attitude, will attract better recruits.Perhaps not top of the pile recruits, but good enough for Flanno to work his magic .

Man management is paramount - Flanno has the gift!

Last edited: