What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dummy Half / Utility

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I had to google boods. Some seriously funny shit. Well done merkins.

Gutho to 9. Lomax to 1. Hands and Lussick to the s-bend.

Legal Eel

Juniors
From what I saw a couple of years back I thought Jayden berrell looked the goods but there is clearly something missing as no club has bought into it in the intervening time

if it’s for the rest of this year I like Gordon Chan Kum Tong as a roll of the dice and he is actually out of favour at manly

long term? Don’t even bother… player managers have been told parra have no interest in any long term dummy half, presumably to protect Boodsalicious

JokerEel

Coach
From what I saw a couple of years back I thought Jayden berrell looked the goods but there is clearly something missing as no club has bought into it in the intervening time

if it’s for the rest of this year I like Gordon Chan Kum Tong as a roll of the dice and he is actually out of favour at manly

long term? Don’t even bother… player managers have been told parra have no interest in any long term dummy half, presumably to protect Boodsalicious

Kruz Schmitt guy in Wenty RMC goes better than Lussick..

Legal Eel

Juniors
I can also state that I think it is Joey's issue because I think the loses last year against the Storm and then the Broncos were the same sort of issue and Joey was playing but I am happy to be proven wrong
This is an excellent post - I hadn’t really given deep thought to the Lussick impact specifically on last year, but thinking about those Melbourne and Brisbane games I can remember the abject surrender and it was similar to Friday - there may be something to the brittleness of Lussick

DaveMc

Juniors
I’m not questioning that what you’re saying here is accurate, but that seems pretty crazy to me in circumstances where BA currently has an end date on his contract with the club and where it’s looking increasingly likely that he’ll not be sticking around much longer. Surely the club hasn’t gone all in on an unproven youngster to satisfy his dad, when dad himself is very long odds to be here when the son is ready for firsts.

JokerEel

Coach
Haven’t seen him play - but having seen Lussick I believe it

Watched the Wenty team on Sunday via the NSWRL app he passes and runs better than Lussick ... Like I said in the cup thread the Wenty team would probably roll our cup side

They also had a case of the get a big lead and let the other side run them down ..

JokerEel

Coach
This is an excellent post - I hadn’t really given deep thought to the Lussick impact specifically on last year, but thinking about those Melbourne and Brisbane games I can remember the abject surrender and it was similar to Friday - there may be something to the brittleness of Lussick

Lussick like Asi is a great backup player they can come in play 1-2 games then they are worn out.. Lussick showed this when he came in for Reed in 21.

Gronk

Staff member
Lussick like Asi is a great backup player they can come in play 1-2 games then they are worn out.. Lussick showed this when he came in for Reed in 21.
What I said the other day. There are too many players in our squad who can’t produce consistent footy. I guess that’s why they are cheap.

Fair to have a project player (save the polish jokes idiots) but when they are all inconsistent on the same day you get the prefect storm of shit show.

For the rest of this season, I still haven't seen a reason Hands shouldn't be considered? He was #2 to Hodgson, and in reality was #1 over what Hodgson produced for us.

He can easily be the #2 to Lussick as well, to (coach willing) prevent Lussick doing 80mins. And then we need to buy a decent dummy half for 2025 from the list - or not on the list, but a candidate for release.
I watched him on Sunday.

Seemed to have some problems passing left to right.

He was playing 6 and out on the right hand side, but a couple of times I noticed he had to take a pass from the left. Turn his whole body around so his back was facing the opposition and then pass it right to left to continue the play.

Legal Eel

Juniors
He played 80 minutes in our two most recent wins as well.
Yes he did

but the reality is that a common fact in four of our worst defensive efforts up the middle in recent times has been an 80 minute Lussick

but I’m sure you will keep defending the selection - not because you believe it was correct and not even because you are defending the coach, the player or even the club - it is because you have this sickness where you have to be contrary

Legal Eel

Juniors
Just on the Boods stuff, I like TCT and think they provide a great service, but after Gary’s post above I googled Boods Arthur myself and realised that the TCT guys have been writing profiles and glowing reports on both Arthur boys since 2016, when they were 12 and 14…it’s a little weird

TCT may not be the most reliable and unbiased source when it comes to the Arthur kids to be honest.

Legal Eel

Juniors
Just on the Boods stuff, I like TCT and think they provide a great service, but after Gary’s post above I googled Boods Arthur myself and realised that the TCT guys have been writing profiles and glowing reports on both Arthur boys since 2016, when they were 12 and 14…it’s a little weird

TCT may not be the most reliable and unbiased source when it comes to the Arthur kids to be honest.
Just in case I get accused of not sourcing something:

I know a lot of the guys at TCT, and I have seen the same sort of thing in Boods as they did but again he was eligle to play SG Ball (Under 19s this year) as far as I know, but as everyone else who has seen him has said, he is a few years away.

Latest posts