What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Topine sues Bulldogs

Game_Breaker

Coach
You assume he was in a good headspace BEFORE this happened though.

That is my point that the training is secondary here.

if he is in tears or some sort of distress then the pubishment should of been stopped.

whether the coaching staff have a discussion next over him being soft is a different matter.

So it can be both.

As for the amount, No chance he gets even half of that

He cried when he got home
Then he decided those years are worth $4Million+

Frailty

First Grade
I love how people believe the $4M figure is just plucked from this air.

The financial amounts, whilst definitely bloated, do have to have some kind of real-world reasoning, i.e. earning potential lost, etc.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
10 or so years ago, we all thought the shoulder charge was one of the highlights of our game, and that banning it would ruin Rugby League forever. We also thought the boys punching on, was just a bit of "argey bargey"

Times changes, standards get updated, society moves on.
A perfectly legitimate way to tackle and the sport is poorer for the loss of it

Game_Breaker

Coach

The financial amounts, whilst definitely bloated, do have to have some kind of real-world reasoning, i.e. earning potential lost, etc.

Sure. His contract amount for the Bulldogs
Other clubs finding out he’s soft is his own fault with all the extra publicity he brought on it

Frailty

First Grade
Sure. His contract amount for the Bulldogs
Other clubs finding out he’s soft is his own fault with all the extra publicity he brought on it
I hope I never see you trying to publicly support any mental health initiative, because the reality is that you have no interest in the wellbeing of anyone.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Not at 8am on a weekday you don't, most of those blokes would have full time jobs
nope, especially development players, they are def fulltime as are most of the train and trial. They are basically expected to be at all the sessions unless they are with lower grades training. ( that is based on what happens at other clubs and I would think Dogs would be similar)
Cup and Flegg players (not with those sort of contracts) may train with NRL and I agree that they would probably not be there at that time

The Realist

Juniors

Yes. An above average NRL talent can reasonably expect a 10 year career at around 400K. That would be around the going rate for a competent centre who is not a star player.

Bazal

Post Whore

Yep. And again, very few people subject themselves to court without at least genuinely believing they've been wronged.

A 10 year career at 300k a year plus a million in damages for example. Is it accurate? Who knows, it's completely predictive. Is it ridiculous? In my experience I'd say it errs on the side of reasonable lol. Will he get near the full amount? Definitely not.

Game_Breaker

Coach
I hope I never see you trying to publicly support any mental health initiative, because the reality is that you have no interest in the wellbeing of anyone.

If you care about mental health then you would want as much people advocating for it as possible
This is not a mental health issue. It’s a cash grab by a disgruntled employee

Perth Red

Post Whore
Give it a try. Sounds like it should be super easy so I’m sure you can manage it
ok, and I know you're just fishing but here goes.

In the context of the discussion:
Physical Exhaustion: I run 20 laps, I'm totally buggered at end of it but feel a sense of satisfaction at pushing myself to my limit. In 2 hours I've recovered and enjoying a beer with a sense of achievement

Distress: I'm forced to humiliate myself in front of my peers in an exercise that physically and emotionally takes me beyond my limits. Afterwards I feel a sense of shame and embarrassment and struggle mentally due to how it has made me feel.

Hope that helps you, and yes it was super easy. Im surprised you struggled with it TBH.

Last edited:
I miss the days before woke, gender fluid, snowflakes took over. The days when choirboys could be sodimised, women date raped for wearing short skirts, bashing ya missus for lukewarm meat and three veg, bashing some queer fella down the park, king hitting some flog who didn’t buga up about my second hand smoke, taking kids off unwed mums, bastardising new recruits in any form of work or belittling and humiliating a team mate because they didn’t want to partake in any of these practices or wouldn’t sink a dozen schooners after training.
Yep rites of passage and the Aussie way of life here is being eroded by soft merkins like this Toowhiney bloke.

Danish

Referee
ok, and I know you're just fishing but here goes.

In the context of the discussion:
Physical Exhaustion: I run 20 laps, I'm totally buggered at end of it but feel a sense of satisfaction at pushing myself to my limit. In 2 hours I've recovered and enjoying a beer with a sense of acheivement

Distress: Im forced to humiliate myself in front of my peers in an exercise that physically and emotionally takes me beyond my limits. Afterwards I feel a sense of shame and embarrassment and struggle mentally due to how it has made me feel.

Hope that helps you, and yes it was super easy. Im surprised you struggled with it TBH.

So you think the coach is supposed to know how you will feel 2 hours after training somehow? Seems the big difference here in your examples is your own internal mental ability to cope with the work load as opposed to any external actions from others.

Plenty of players would feel the same sense of accomplishment and satisfaction by surviving the shark bait drill in question

Penrith fan

Juniors
I miss the days before woke, gender fluid, snowflakes took over. The days when choirboys could be sodimised, women date raped for wearing short skirts, bashing ya missus for lukewarm meat and three veg, bashing some queer fella down the park, king hitting some flog who didn’t buga up about my second hand smoke, taking kids off unwed mums, bastardising new recruits in any form of work or belittling and humiliating a team mate because they didn’t want to partake in any of these practices or wouldn’t sink a dozen schooners after training.
Yep rites of passage and the Aussie way of life here is being eroded by soft merkins like this Toowhiney bloke.
These things are all still happening today mate. Do you actually read the newspapers?

So, your Woke cultural marxism revolution has not solved any of it

Nor has any of those things got anything to do with being "Woke".

Your comments are a reason why "Woke" people are not percieved well by the general population.

They are Elitist comments, like you are somehow better than everyone else>

You Are NOT!

Maybe if Jackson turned up to training on time, like a professional, he would enjoy the luxury of not having to wrestle a couple of extra blokes at wrestling practice, when every other player is wrestling at the same time anyway.