What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd CB Series ODI: Sun 18 Jan - Australia d. South Africa by 5 runs @ Hobart

AUS/RSA 2nd ODI - Result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Sure, he boofed 89 in Twenty20 match. Well done. But it has been over done big time. If I hear about how he hasn't played a first class match yet again.....

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Ross Taylor, Jesse Ryder, Martin Guptill, Tim Southee, Brendon McCullum......

In fact Guptill scored 122* on debut just the other day and we didn't hear half as much about it. And he actually backed it up with 40 odd.

goes to show where your priorities are when your media craps on about an australian twenty20 innings over some nobody scoring 100 on debut

aussies1st

Staff member
Ross Taylor, Jesse Ryder, Martin Guptill, Tim Southee, Brendon McCullum......

In fact Guptill scored 122* on debut just the other day and we didn't hear half as much about it. And he actually backed it up with 40 odd.

If he was Aussie he would be hyped up just like Warner. The NZ media go on about rugby players, when a player has great debut they are on about it 24/7.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
goes to show where your priorities are when your media craps on about an australian twenty20 innings over some nobody scoring 100 on debut

No actually I mean cricket media worldwide dickhead.

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
If someone posts 89 in their International cricket debut, especially in the shorter format of the game - of course the media will be making a big deal.

It was a Twenty20 match, who cares...I would like to see some consistent scores when he eventually plays Shield cricket.

I am not blaming him for all the attention he is getting, i just think it is all way over the top. After the first ODI loss the back page of the Tele was 'Wheres Warner'.

All i said in my previous post he was the most over-hyped player in World Cricket. Do you not agree with that Timmah?

aussies1st

Staff member
Can't blame us for what the commentators or media say. I always believed we need an attacking player at the top, Warner was my option well before his T20 knock, if it's the right one well I'll like to give him more than 1 ODI match.

aussies1st

Staff member
Pretty funny how one of the commentators think it was James said this would be an easier pitch to bat on. Uneven bounce and Punter in all sorts.

How long will McKenzie get away with not performing? He`s dropped vital catches on this tour already, hardly made any runs, what does he need to do not to get picked?

IanG

Coach
Well I've often said that in NZ Rugby is king and cricket is just an after thought. If an NZ rugby player gets a blister on his pinkie it makes the front page.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Can't believe all the crap Warner is copping, he got a top ball and Ponting has struggled out there and he is an all time great. Good to see Marsh continue to do well.

aussies1st

Staff member
Ponting certainly is pushing his luck, continues to give the fielders a sniff. Marsh is looking good he seems able to change from a fighting gear to lifting the tempo.

IanG

Coach
Yeah give the kid a chance. Thats what would happen if there is so much expectation. In fact the Telegraph today described him as the Rocky Balbna of Australian Cricket