What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs. Dragons Discussion + Voting

broncos70

Juniors
i think the rain is gonna make it a real rubbish game..itll be close though but the quality wont be as high as everyone expects..go the broncs though!!

renouf

Juniors
We need a new rule, every single try must go to the video referee. f**king useless.

Broncos didn't backup at all tonight, Saints did a great job at slowing the game down to their pathetic level, and it worked.

Gorrell should have started, that was Henjak's first mistake for the year.

renouf

Juniors
Oh yeh, and Devere shouldn't be in first grade. Put him in queensland cup for a few weeks and see how he goes, but to put him straight back into the first grade side was another mistake.

We would have been better off with Sims on the bench, given how well he played last week why wasn't he selected?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
3. Clinton - seemed to be the only forward making metres tonight
2. Hodges - nice ball running, perhaps coud have passed to Folau a little more
1. Lockyer - far from his best, but still the best in attack, and not too shabby in defence

For the Dragons:

Boyd was on fire. Used the fend well, stepped out of tackles - made Michaels his bitch.

Soward's kicking game was good without being great, I think Brisbane's reading of his kicks was poor.

Dazzat

First Grade
Dropped the ball at least six times in our own half ... can't win games doing that. Clinton again an offender ... that's why we can't have him and Sims in the same side.

3. Thaiday ... gave it heaps in attack and defence.
2. Kenny ... solid and hurt in defence.
1. Lockyer ... almost got the Broncos back in the game ... really came down to the pass going to Soward instead of Wallace.

Wobbygong

First Grade
You lot really are our bitches, I mean that's eight straight now, nothing like owning a bit of soft donkey arse :lol:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
A few points

• Hunt was completely outplayed by Boyd. Unfortunately K is moving down the pecking order for origin fullback. Even his positional play seemed off, he couldn't get to any on the full.
  • We kept the worst out of the Boyd/Kemp/Michaels group.
  • Surely DeVere can't be picked again, better off going with youth like McGuire. He looked ridiculous out there.
To the Broncos credit the Dragons were on fire. Hodges was pretty good seeing he has had little match practice.

3. Hodges
2. Lockyer
1. Folau

Big Pete

Referee
3 - Joel Clinton
2 - Justin Hodges
1 - Darren Lockyer

Poor performance but it was bound to happen.

Ghoulies

Bench
3. Justin Hodges
2. Joel Clinton
1. Nick Kenny

Lockyer showed some real classy touches, but his defensive effort on Creagh for the Dragons first try was diabolical. Plus those few intercepts he threw really buggered our chances.

renouf

Juniors
lol, Hodges 3 points? he barely touched the ball all night..

Like I said before, Gorrell should have started, McCullough worked well last week, but he was clearly out of his depth this week and we would have been much better served with a slightly more experienced player.

If No.9 isn't up to the pace of the game, it can stifle the entire team

Winterstein needs to work on his defence, that play where Boyd almost scored was a joke, Winterstein just stood there and watched until he realised boyd was about to plant the ball on the ground.

It's amazing how good we made Boyd look, he really is average..

Ghoulies

Bench
I'll admit I haven't watched the replay yet, but barely touched the ball? bullsh*t. At the game I counted 3 line breaks and 2 try assists from Hodges; as well as a great cover tackle on a Drags player after giving nearly a 10m start; plus a bunch of dummy half runs.

How about you offer your votes matey?

Dragon_psa

First Grade
3. Clinton - easily your best forward last night - made less errors than the others.
2. Hodges - apart from Lockyer, the only real threat
1. Lockyer

I sort of felt for Winterstein last night. Dell is a master sledger, and he had poor Winty sh*tting his pants most of the game. I remember Dell doing that to us on regular occasions back in the day.

You guys will bounce back - you're a much better team than what you showed last night. Just need to work on your fitness some more.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
It's amazing how good we made Boyd look, he really is average..

He's been in, as you say, average form all season. Thankfully Bennett coaches us and not you:D. The Bronc's couldn't touch him last night, great to watch and will only get better.

Go Saints!!

Big Norm

lockyno1

Post Whore
Remind me why we let go of Boyd and kept that spud Micheals and Winderstein was just as bad. Piss them both off.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
1. Thaiday - tremendous work rate
2. Kenny - same as above
3. Hodges - looked dangerous the few times he got the ball

Dragons dominated us last night thought we started off well but we just dropped off after the first 10 mins.

Kicking game let us down last night, we seemed to be playing "kick the ball the Darius Boyd and see how many metres he can on make on kick return"!

_Johnsy

Referee
3. Thaiday
2. Clinton
1. Kenny

I understand that i is surprising that I gave all points to forwards, when your forwards were outplayed and out muscled. Your backs were pretty poor, what happened to the leagues best backline. Very average last night.