What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs. Titans

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Could well be Ben McFadgeon. He has made 3 NSW Cup team of the weeks in the first 5 rounds.

murraymob

Coach
it should be ben mcfadgeon he is the second fastest in the club.Bring him in on the wing either elford or gordon to the centers

Fibroman

First Grade
Hopefully his injury is long enough for a replacement player to prove he is better then Tighe. Could be a great thing for the Panthers.

Although i hate to see these things come at the expense of a players health.

INMHO Tighe has copped unfair criticism. He has been pretty good for us. There are worse players than him running around in the outside back ithe NRL. Our halves are our problem. CLEARLY.

t1tan

Juniors
INMHO Tighe has copped unfair criticism. He has been pretty good for us. There are worse players than him running around in the outside back ithe NRL. Our halves are our problem. CLEARLY.
Look further back...its not the halves,its the coaching and how the halves are instructed.

mxlegend99

Referee
I agree that there are worse players the Brad Tighe in the NRL. That doesn't justify him having a position ahead of players who are better then him at the same club. He's a solid backup player, but he is far from our best option. He's a poor defender and the only thing he does reliably is butchering tries.

I also agree with t1tan that it isn't the halves that are the issue, it's the way they are instructed to play. While we could no doubt do with another proper playmaker to go along with Wade Graham, it wouldn't help with the way Matt Elliott uses halves anyway. He completely ignores the strengths of our players and makes them have to alter their playing style to suit his gameplans.

Fibroman

First Grade
I agree that there are worse players the Brad Tighe in the NRL. That doesn't justify him having a position ahead of players who are better then him at the same club. He's a solid backup player, but he is far from our best option. He's a poor defender and the only thing he does reliably is butchering tries.

I also agree with t1tan that it isn't the halves that are the issue, it's the way they are instructed to play. While we could no doubt do with another proper playmaker to go along with Wade Graham, it wouldn't help with the way Matt Elliott uses halves anyway. He completely ignores the strengths of our players and makes them have to alter their playing style to suit his gameplans.

Common sense would tell me if I was a half back and it was the 5th tackle, that you have to do one of 2 things: Kick it or run it. It's not that hard to quickly look at the oppisition line to see if they are short on either side. If they aren't it's not that hard to set yourself DEEP enough so as to avoid the charge down and place a kick to a part of the field where you have PRE INSTRUCTED chasers ready to either score or secure another set of 6.

The problem we have is Graham and Sammut both don't have the natural ability to do all of the above in the 15-20 seconds that players like Andrew Johns and Peter Sterling did. They just don't have the vision and the ability to think on their feet. YOU CAN'T COACH THAT,

murraymob

Coach
after the events of last night there will be changes to the side.My mail is strong from fibros mailman

walsh ......to halfback
aiton ........to play longer game time
sammut ...to bench to cover bot half and hooker as the match opens back end of both half
graham.....to 5/8
lewis.......to lock

isofia......to be stood down by club
tighe......out injured

Caged Panther

First Grade
Has anyone seen walsh play since he moved to penrith and the wolves. Afterall the wolves aren't exactly going great guns so. Having said that I guess it's hard to fly like an eagle when surrounded by turkeys.

murraymob

Coach
another negative post by titan .Is there any other post .Its a long time to mondays game lets see

murraymob

Coach
orton was injured and did not play.You know as well as i do fibro.Windsor would be winning with a blackett Orton front row .Lets hope walsh is not ordinary he may well be in first grade monday

Sleep

Juniors
1. Coote (best game of the year last week, though someone tell him to follow around the ball carrier. We make too many breaks and there's never any support)
2. Gordon (Killer)
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. Elford
6. Graham
7. Sammut
8. Petero
9. Aiton
10. Bell
11. Waterhouse
12. Pritchard
13. Lewis (We missed him a ton last week. My confidence in the team winning dropped as soon as I heard he was out. Week in, week out our most consistent along with Petero)

14. Grant
15. Smith
16. Puletua
17. No idea.

I wouldn't mind seeing Aiton go around for the full eighty rather than bring Peters up. Aiton has been outplaying Iosefa who's game against the Broncos was up and down.

Sleep

Juniors
The team is:
1.Lachlan Coote 2.Michael Gordon 3.Michael Jennings 4.Gavin Cooper 5.Shane Elford 6.Wade Graham 7.Jarrod Sammut 8.Tim Grant 9.Paul Aiton 10.Petero Civoniceva 11.Trent Waterhouse 12.Frank Pritchard 13.Luke Lewis

Interchange: 14.Nathan Smith 15.Frank Puletua 16.Matthew Bell 17.Luke Walsh 18.Maurice Blair 19.Joseph Paulo

I know Walsh in the team will please some but I'm hoping he and Paulo drop off the bench and it's Blair we keep. Where would Walsh play? Putting Sammut, Graham or Lewis at hooker is a bad idea.

murraymob

Coach
i doubt walsh would have been named if lewis was playing.Lewis will be given to day of game to pull up all right.A good team named .At hooker there where not many options since keith peters is still injured

murraymob

Coach
he has back spasms due to a twisting tackle put on him .He could barley walk on friday at the broncos game

Fibroman

First Grade
The team is:
1.Lachlan Coote 2.Michael Gordon 3.Michael Jennings 4.Gavin Cooper 5.Shane Elford 6.Wade Graham 7.Jarrod Sammut 8.Tim Grant 9.Paul Aiton 10.Petero Civoniceva 11.Trent Waterhouse 12.Frank Pritchard 13.Luke Lewis

Interchange: 14.Nathan Smith 15.Frank Puletua 16.Matthew Bell 17.Luke Walsh 18.Maurice Blair 19.Joseph Paulo

I know Walsh in the team will please some but I'm hoping he and Paulo drop off the bench and it's Blair we keep. Where would Walsh play? Putting Sammut, Graham or Lewis at hooker is a bad idea.

Blair was very ordinary in NSW cup. Did very very very little to deserve getting a call up. Paulo....ditto.

I\d suggest throwing Walsh in off the bench and give him 2-3 weeks to prove he is up to the job.

I'd consider throwing Woolnough back in place of F. Fuletua. 8 ball goes ok, but has only scored 2 tries in a thousand years, clearly cant break the line and has only ever had 4 offloads in that time frame of which 3 were ruled knock ons, so give Wooly a go.

Kilkenny

Coach
give andrew pearn a run has been the form front rower so far

Andrew went reasonably well on the weekend from what I saw and continues to improve. He appears to be another example of a forward, particularly a front rower, who will not truly blossom until he approaches say 23 years of age. His situation is a classic example of what is totally wrong with the toyota cup! The toyota cup should be an under 23 competition and should be the third tier comp with all three fixtures played on the same day as the NRL. To many promising young forwards are being lost to the game by the current arrangements. It's a joke in my opinion.