What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matts and Ball

roopy

Referee
Both won their first elimination game.
In Matts 5th placed Knights knocked off 8th Sharks 28-20
In Ball 8th placed Knights knocked off 5th placed Tits 40-12 (an upset for sure)

roopy

Referee
How are the finals structured?
Wish i could work it out.
The first round involved 12 teams from the NSW comp and 4 teams dropped in from Qld for a 16 team knockout round - leaving a final 8 i presume.

roopy

Referee
The biggest upset of the week was the undefeated first placed Saints SG Ball team was knocked out by the 12th placed Manly, so they went the whole season undefeated and don't make the final 8.

aqua_duck

Coach
The biggest upset of the week was the undefeated first placed Saints SG Ball team was knocked out by the 12th placed Manly, so they went the whole season undefeated and don't make the final 8.
how does that work?

Adsy

Juniors
If thats true about the dragons team then that is the worst finals system I've ever heard of.

roopy

Referee
If thats true about the dragons team then that is the worst finals system I've ever heard of.

From the round preview on the NSWRL site;
NSW teams enter a top 12 elimination this weekend, which will leave the best six teams from the Harold Matthews Cup (Under-16) and SG Ball Cup (Under-18) to progress to the quarter finals.

It was 1 v 12, 2 V 11, 3 V 10 etc etc - so all 1st placed Saints had to do was knock over 12th placed Manly, but like junior sides often do, they forgot to show up for a game they were expected to win easily.

Big Tim

First Grade
So its like the BCS rankings in NCAA college football...... No one has a clue how the finals work.

Adsy

Juniors
With that explaination it looks like the 2 highest losers get another go to make up the 8 finals spots.

roopy

Referee
With that explaination it looks like the 2 highest losers get another go to make up the 8 finals spots.
No - to make it even more confusing, four teams from Qld and NT comp play off for the final 2 spots in the 8.

roopy

Referee
For some reason our quarter finals games will be at Brookvale oval on saturday.

In Mats the 5th placed Knights play 9th placed Central Coast.

In Ball the 8th placed Knights play 4th placed Melbourne.

Big Tim

First Grade
Exactly!

Its like they draw names out of the hat.

Only difference is, its not talked about for 4 months on every sports show leading up, and then someone at the end says "I told you so"

BTW, screw the Gators.

roopy

Referee
Central Coast storm won 34 - 10 over Knights in Mathews U16s
Melbourne Storm won 22 - 16 over Knights in SG Ball u18s

sh*tty year after we looked so good in the trials, especially in Matts.

Noa

First Grade
Dont you dare come trying to pinch our juniors, develop you own :sarcasm:.

blackandwhite

Juniors
:crazy::crazy: Quote:
Originally Posted by girvie
Knights won Harold Matthews.

ARL National U/16 Competition (Harold Matthews)
Newcastle 34 def Central Coast 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopy
Central Coast storm won 34 - 10 over Knights in Mathews U16s
Melbourne Storm won 22 - 16 over Knights in SG Ball u18

progress.gif

Latest posts