What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

if tomane goes...

Kells

Juniors
i want us to make tomane priority no.1

but if he goes (got a bad feeling) i reckon we look at:

firstly - Esikeli Tonga from the titans - hes 20, 190cm, 100kg and been awesome for the titans this yr - great player already and will only get better! def gonna b a star centre!

secondly - Kevin Gordon from the titans - hes 20, 183cm, 90kg - hes more a winger than centre but can play both and i reckon def a player with great speed and 1 we should def look at! esp. if turner goes

the only issue is i doubt they will leave the coast but we gotta go after some1 if joey leaves - but i really hope he stays! he will form a star centre pairing with GI next yr!

thoughts on who 2 look at if tomane leaves?

ortz18

Juniors
Can't comment on the above two, but I saw in the paper the other day that former Canberra centre David Howell was contemplating a move back to Australia. Could be a good option, I think he still young only around 25 I believe...

AILD

Bench
Yeah im a bit iffy on whether or not he will stay...he was almost going to turn his back on us and stay at union...but hopefully when chambers leaves Tomane can get the run on position and that can sway him to stay with us.

nacho_MS

Juniors
when kevin gordon runs, angles sing

if we get him and lose tomane, i wouldnt be too sad

Kells

Juniors
when kevin gordon runs, angles sing

if we get him and lose tomane, i wouldnt be too sad

LOL great call bout angles singing when he runs :D

but i still want tomane as our no.1 target and tonga as his replacement if he goes. i really reckon tonga will b better than his brother - willie at the cowboys

but even if we keep tomane for the next 3 yrs do u see him leaving after that and going to union? i worry every time he is out of contract we will have the same dramas about him wanting 2 go 2 union?

stormtragic

Juniors
i want us to make tomane priority no.1

but if he goes (got a bad feeling) i reckon we look at:

firstly - Esikeli Tonga from the titans - hes 20, 190cm, 100kg and been awesome for the titans this yr - great player already and will only get better! def gonna b a star centre!

secondly - Kevin Gordon from the titans - hes 20, 183cm, 90kg - hes more a winger than centre but can play both and i reckon def a player with great speed and 1 we should def look at! esp. if turner goes

the only issue is i doubt they will leave the coast but we gotta go after some1 if joey leaves - but i really hope he stays! he will form a star centre pairing with GI next yr!

thoughts on who 2 look at if tomane leaves?

why do we need to buy someone?

we've got Willie Isa and Sam Joe in the waiting..we are well covered

Kells

Juniors
why do we need to buy someone?

we've got Willie Isa and Sam Joe in the waiting..we are well covered

isa is def not the answer - too short and under pressure makes errors and is a winger at best - at BEST

and if sammy joe was such a star he'd b pressing for a spot with tomane atm

needs a 190cm, 100 kg centre - not isa - a short player with no freakish skills
must keep tomane - just heard that union offering big money and his family is in brisbane - sounds all too familiar - i just get that feeling is hes going :(:(:(

stormtragic

Juniors
isa is def not the answer - too short and under pressure makes errors and is a winger at best - at BEST

and if sammy joe was such a star he'd b pressing for a spot with tomane atm

needs a 190cm, 100 kg centre - not isa - a short player with no freakish skills
must keep tomane - just heard that union offering big money and his family is in brisbane - sounds all too familiar - i just get that feeling is hes going :(:(:(

joe will be a folau for us....joe is big and strong, needs a little bit longer to grow into body

isa was good in his games, he is a talent, its a long shot for us to keep tomane imo, home for him beckons

we gotta give these guys some games, and we will see them with the 1 game where we lose our origin players

AILD

Bench
sounds familiar? you mean with izzY? But the same can be said about Cam and Slater...they had family and big offers from Broncos and titans but still stayed.

nacho_MS

Juniors
sam joe is just an animal, used to play prop before he got told to slim down at highschool.

if we see some more of him in first grade then we can make a proper assesment, its the same as tomane, i thought he was a dud last year but that was onlyu after a handful of games

id like to see Itula have a crack or even Duffie from u20s, stick with our own talent at the moment then look else where if we need too

IMO we need an experienced centre/winger...don't know who is off contract but someone the size of Matt King would be good ??.

Noa

First Grade
If Krisnan Inu is still unhappy at the eels Id take him in a heart-beat. Also Pita Maile in the u-20's looks pretty good, 192cm/99kg

stormtragic

Juniors
sounds familiar? you mean with izzY? But the same can be said about Cam and Slater...they had family and big offers from Broncos and titans but still stayed.

their partners werent in qld and they didnt play union...id love to see him stay, but I think our chances are slim :x

AILD

Bench
partners no...but still family were up there.

And union sucks...if tomane has half a brain he will release league is the better game and he can go further with us.

Vai Vai >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Joe. and I mean
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I watch a hell of alot of toyota cup too.

Joe no doubt has the skill but is still a long way from NRL, Needs to work on his defence especially.

Last edited:

Dan70

Juniors
IMO we need an experienced centre/winger...don't know who is off contract but someone the size of Matt King would be good ??.

No we don't! Turner, Quinn and Inglis provide the experience in the three-quarter line, with Tomane (hopefully) snagging the last spot and Joe, Duffie, Isa etc providing the back up.

And all you Turner and Quinn haters can shove it! Haven't played at their best this year, but you won't find better wingers for how we play at the price we can afford.

Redsfan

Juniors
Tomane tried to pull out of going to the Storm to sign with the Reds. To be honest, I can't see the Reds going after him until they know what Ioane is doing.

Latest posts