What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McInnes

Go Nulla

Bench
Just hope he doesnt feel obliged to come back before seasons end.

He's talking about doing so if drags look finals bound - that means he should be right to put his feet up till November at Shak Pak.

no need to worry then. That’s a sure bet not to happen.

Drakon

Juniors
Do we know if it was his left or right? He did an MCL to his left a couple years ago. @shaggs, resident medico, what’s the low down on recovery?
Left knee. Same knee he had the medium to high grade medial injury on at last year's Nines. He's had a couple of medial injuries. Don't know if they have all been on the left knee though.

Eion

First Grade
I assume it’s the dragons responsibility to rehab McInnes, but is it possible he comes to us early?

That would seem the best option for all. The dragons don’t need to worry about his welfare, they can have their staff and players focus on their squad. If he comes to the Sharks, then they get to focus on getting McInnes right for the next season, he can get used to the culture etc.

ghoti

Bench
I assume it’s the dragons responsibility to rehab McInnes, but is it possible he comes to us early?

That would seem the best option for all. The dragons don’t need to worry about his welfare, they can have their staff and players focus on their squad. If he comes to the Sharks, then they get to focus on getting McInnes right for the next season, he can get used to the culture etc.

I'd love for there to be a workable option for that, but I think he'd have to take a squad spot and get paid by us etc.. not sure hte NRL would allow it

Tiger Shark

Bench
Left knee. Same knee he had the medium to high grade medial injury on at last year's Nines. He's had a couple of medial injuries. Don't know if they have all been on the left knee though.

I'm not even close to a knee expert, but does previous knee damage increase risk of an ACL on the same knee ?

carinashark

First Grade
I presume we looked at previous injuries. Might be smart of Saints to let him go. We don’t need another Moyza.

ghoti

Bench
I'm not even close to a knee expert, but does previous knee damage increase risk of an ACL on the same knee ?

Every footy injury I ever had has left a mark somehow...My smashed left kneecap six years ago has led slowly to a right hip and right ankle problem, etc etc.. I'm sure the NRL physios do incredible work rehabbing back to near 100%, but surely the recovery weakens other links in the chain. But that's true of any player with experience. McInnes seems a pro in a way that Moylan doesn't so I feel like he's not a massive long term risk but you'd rather not have blown an ACL

Special K

Coach
Great news. My original concern was us throwing away a 22 year old who we have done everything to develop. Brailey for mine with these new rules is a must keep.

I can get around McInnes fixing our leaky middle as a ball playing lock. If you look at our pack hooker depth/13 is the biggest issue. I think we have bigger issues as a team but a ball playing middle who can fix our defence isn't a bad thing. Our middle can't control the ruck currently. 600k is probably less than Fifita and Woods who create a lot of these problems.

If we could work out a trade to send the Billy McGoo for him now that would be win/win. Just can't get the dollars to match up.

I wonder if he would be interested in playing 7?
Ha. How good is the years later bump.

McInnes when we bought him with Brailey off contract made no sense. He has been unreal. The overlap with Finucane is now solved but the leadership the two brought was worth it as we were never winning anything in 22/23.

Him making origin especially as a starter is huge.

league

Juniors
A well deserved Origin call up. Probably has the biggest heart of any current player in the game. I know many were happy to see him go because he was close to Mary, not me. He's been moved to 13 and has looked absolutely at home there. Well done to him.
Oops... I thought I was bumping and posting in a thread in the Dragons forum. Sorry guys.

Latest posts