What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Twenty20 International - Australia v England at Old Trafford

IanG

Coach
For discussion on teh first Twenty20 International

England: Joe Denly, Ravi Bopara, Jonothan Trott, Matt Prior(wk), Paul Collingwood(c), Owais Shah, Luke Wright, Stuart Broad, Graeme Swann, Ryan Sidebottom, Jimmy Anderson

Australia: Shane Watson, David Warner, Michael Clarke(c), Cameron White, David Hussey, Adam Voges, Tim Paine(wk), Mitchell Johnson, Brett Lee, Nathan Hauritz, Dirk Nannes.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
This is gay.

We just cant play T20s.

1-52 off 8.

And i can bet Johnsons gonna go out there and give 2 short and wide balls an over and fro that england will mow this down easily.

And the bad umpiring continues ...
Warner out LBW to a ball that pitches outside leg
I wonder if the umps know the rules???

IanG

Coach
Seem to stuggle at Twenty20s overseas. We're still undefeated in Twenty20s at home.

Bazal

Post Whore
Warner wasn't out, unlucky

Dussey is a mong, why is he even in the side?

eddiesmith

Juniors
3rd highest average in the side and 2nd highest strike rate of the batsmen and with White and Warner the only decent T20 batsmen in the side

eddiesmith

Juniors
His couple of 40* of 15-20 balls were some pretty good hitting as well

But Australia made a huge mistake not playing him in the World T20, now averages over 40 with a strike rate of 150 at International level and they have now finally put him in a position that suits his batting a bit more in letting him get in before unleashing

Clarke has done an alright anchor role here with White unleashing, but he doesnt really belong in Twenty20 cricket, still way too slow

aussies1st

Staff member
He did alright in those knocks but the hitting wasn't as clean. There were a few mistimed shots.

eddiesmith

Juniors
He did alright in those knocks but the hitting wasn't as clean. There were a few mistimed shots.
I do remember a couple of shockers at the GABBA last summer, a bit of a flukey innings but when you play like that sometimes it goes your way, others it doesnt

A reasonably strong T20 side in for this match, probably could do with Hopes and Hodge for Watson and Clarke and Haddin possibly for Paine, although going for a younger keeper might not be a bad idea in this form and the bowling attack is attacking although some danger if things go bad

Add Bracken, M.Hussey and maybe another spinner and that should be their squad for the World T20 next year

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
You blokes complain about Saffies playing for England, but fair dinkum, how does T-Pain qualify for Australia?

aussies1st

Staff member
I do remember a couple of shockers at the GABBA last summer, a bit of a flukey innings but when you play like that sometimes it goes your way, others it doesnt

A reasonably strong T20 side in for this match, probably could do with Hopes and Hodge for Watson and Clarke and Haddin possibly for Paine, although going for a younger keeper might not be a bad idea in this form and the bowling attack is attacking although some danger if things go bad

Add Bracken, M.Hussey and maybe another spinner and that should be their squad for the World T20 next year

I would take Watson over Hopes, he is made for the shorter formats. Hodge should be in there but he won't.