What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

half_back

Juniors
Halfback, is there q/land academy teams coming down this year, penrith sent two teams to q/land last year and i thought it was alternate annually. cost cutting has probably put an end to this initiative.

No not that Im aware of as the ball team is heading to New Zealand

Art Vandalay

Juniors
He wont be the last either. Expect to hear that Jon Taefu is off too.

wow thats a big thing personally i think jon has gone backwards not as dominate as he used to be but still a dominate front rower

parra are looking to replace rodney who went to the sharks with that buy

any other penrith players being poached

footyboy7

Juniors
I dont think Jon Taefu has gone backwards, he has being playing great footy for WSAS, Patties and St Marys.
And i dont think that Patricians Brothers are aligned with Parra, considering there a more Penrith comp players there.
I know that many Penrith Junior reps look outside Penrith for more oppurtunites for several reasons.
Also just wondering HalfBack who are the QLDers training with SG Ball? and is there any other players been signed to play in that team?

brothersleague

Juniors
big news in todays semi's in the under 17s, st marys who looked as tho they could never hav been beaten, have been, and heavily by st clair 31-12!!! a huge result, also in 3rd and 4th game, lower mountains whacked brothers 36-10 in a display which proves they are definately a quality side and worthy to be in the top of division one. Notable performers for both sides Brothers: nick thompson, kaisa matavao and the number 3, who usually is rubbish but made 2 line breaks, for Lower Blue: Lekkas and Tom Eisenhuth both had strong games as did the number 6 wit yellow headgear, their hooker was small but solid also

who watched the st marys v st clair game? thoughts?

brothersleague

Juniors
aaron farkas wasnt playing, how can u say his name? and i am personally more of a fan of butler flemming, not so much lekkas, he went missing the last time these two sides played. Damian luhr from mincho, along with compton are bith quality and should be considered in the sg ball side for penrith

Art Vandalay

Juniors
aaron farkas wasnt playing, how can u say his name? and i am personally more of a fan of butler flemming, not so much lekkas, he went missing the last time these two sides played. Damian luhr from mincho, along with compton are bith quality and should be considered in the sg ball side for penrith

wel for 1 u can say arrons name because he played for acdemy a year young and was the main reason brothers went this far this season as for jake he should make it but lekkas scored 4 tries on the w,e how can u deny that

footyboy7

Juniors

Same as what Art said Aaron Farkas and Kaisa were the reasons Brothers travelled so well this year.If i was a selector i would definately have Michael Lekkas in the squad, he can play L, 2R and maybe even Centre if need be.So can someone give me the run down on this Jake Butler Flemming? Ie club, position, previous rep accomplishments. Cause other then on this forum i have never heard of him.

Art Vandalay

Juniors
Same as what Art said Aaron Farkas and Kaisa were the reasons Brothers travelled so well this year.If i was a selector i would definately have Michael Lekkas in the squad, he can play L, 2R and maybe even Centre if need be.So can someone give me the run down on this Jake Butler Flemming? Ie club, position, previous rep accomplishments. Cause other then on this forum i have never heard of him.

yes agreeded 100% footy boy lekkas has the versatility

anymore news on the selectors meetings or anything

as well as news from st calir st marys rumour is they threw the game true false

footyboy7

Juniors
I believe i have found the 3 players Penrith have seeked from out of the region for Sg Ball in 2010.

Age iin 2010
Darcy Horgan(18) from QLD.
Regan Varley(17) From NZ.
Zion Ahu(17) froom NZ.

Can anyone confirm?

Art Vandalay

Juniors
I believe i have found the 3 players Penrith have seeked from out of the region for Sg Ball in 2010.

Age iin 2010
Darcy Horgan(18) from QLD.
Regan Varley(17) From NZ.
Zion Ahu(17) froom NZ.

Can anyone confirm?

i think zion and regan are 18 next year as they both played in the under 17 development team not sure about darcy

havent herd about him

ashton

Juniors
Apparently we have also signed Kyle Burkhardt a second rower / front rower from St Brendans Yepoon in Queensland.

BTW who will play in the halves in 2010?

footyboy7

Juniors
Apparently we have also signed Kyle Burkhardt a second rower / front rower from St Brendans Yepoon in Queensland.

BTW who will play in the halves in 2010?

Who knows with Penrith.

But id say probably #6 Robbie Mate and #7 Harry Siejka.
And also Tyler Lombardo and Aaron Farkas, will be in the squad.

My team would look like this.
Mataia
Nanai
Pepa
Feiloakitau
Sotini/Wilson/Compton
Mate/Lombardo/Farkas
Siejka
Alone
South
Matavoa
Taefu
Carl
V.T.K

What do you think?

Last edited:

Art Vandalay

Juniors
Who knows with Penrith.

But id say probably #6 Robbie Mate and #7 Harry Siejka.
And also Tyler Lombardo and Aaron Farkas, will be in the squad.

i think chris nay and damien luhr should be there above tyler chris was on contact witj sydney roostrers in harold mathews they did not renew because having jacob miller but will defintly play roosters sg ball if not in penrith