What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Season Prediction

Country Bronco

Juniors
I know this type of thread may appear somewhere else on the forum. But i want to look at the season predictions of fellow BB regulars on here. We've been written off as not making the eight by certain media and our brisbane broncos coaches say we are rebuilding but before the season starts. Show a ladder at the end of round 26 of where you think sides will finish.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I have us coming 6th, still feel we are a class prop short. Our season depends on 3 things.

1. How many games Hoffman plays
2. Tim Smith, he is our X Factor.
3. Forwards, we have the backs to win the comp, our forwards must stand up.

Dazzat

First Grade
I have us coming 6th, still feel we are a class prop short. Our season depends on 3 things.

Imagine Locky as a coach.

His start of season address: OK guys. We've got one shot at this. We're going to use around about 22-28, maybe 30 players in A grade during the year. Everyone has to contribute. Everyone has to do their job. But despite all that, it comes down to this: whether I give Josh Hoffman more than a few games. Josh, if you play more than a few games we're stuffed. What's your thoughts on that Josh?

Seriously!

Ghoulies

Bench
Locky has sung the same tune every year since I've seen him post here. Different players, same old sh*t from Locky.

Dazzat

First Grade
I think the best we can hope for this year is to sneak into the Top 8, that's if Lockyer and Wallace have a virtually injury free year.

We saw what happened last year when Wallace was injured in the second last game of the year. Obviously, Tim Smith gives us great back-up, but it took Lockyer and Wallace about 18 months of football to strike up a combination (now the best 5/8-half combination bar none).

If we get to the eight with such a young forward pack/front row, a lot of credit will need to go to Henjak and/or the forward coaches.

Broncos fan!

Juniors

1. I have no idea how that is the most important thing for us... I think who ever gets the shot at fullback will go well.
2.Where do you expect Smith to play? He is not our X Factor.
3. Obviously agree. I think they can stand up.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member

The thing I'm confused about is that Locky doesn't have Michaels in the list!!! So according to Locky, Michaels > Hoffman?

lockyno1

Post Whore
1. I have no idea how that is the most important thing for us... I think who ever gets the shot at fullback will go well.
2.Where do you expect Smith to play? He is not our X Factor.
3. Obviously agree. I think they can stand up.

1. Hoffman will be terrible. I am sorry but catching bombs and not looking like a girl at teh Mardi Gras like Hoffman does would be a start. Anyone is better than him.

2. Smith should play halfback, with Wallace at lock forward, and Lockyer at 5/8. Gives us an extra playmaker in the side. Smith has a better short kicking game than either Lockyer or Wallace.

3. N/A

lockyno1

Post Whore
Imagine Locky as a coach.

His start of season address: OK guys. We've got one shot at this. We're going to use around about 22-28, maybe 30 players in A grade during the year. Everyone has to contribute. Everyone has to do their job. But despite all that, it comes down to this: whether I give Josh Hoffman more than a few games. Josh, if you play more than a few games we're stuffed. What's your thoughts on that Josh?

Seriously!

See now you get it!:lol:

beads6

First Grade
Ashton Sims to play Origin this year!
Denan Kemp to lead the try scoring list
Lagi Setu to make the world stop with several big hits.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Ashton Sims to play Origin this year!
Denan Kemp to lead the try scoring list
Lagi Setu to make the world stop with several big hits.

I can see 2. and 3. happening quite easily but I doubt 1. I would have said that Yow Yeh could be an origin bolter, but... I think the Broncos will really struggle to make the 8 this year. Alot depends on the young guys, obviously. Some will either make superstars of themselves or they play how we might expect them to (like any young player).

I'll tip a big year from Glenn though.

Dazzat

First Grade
See now you get it!:lol:

No mate. When your talking about a team game, with around 20-30 players being used in a year, a support staff of about the same, and you propose that one player can ruin the year ... honestly you need help.

Stizyler

Juniors
Lockyno1 has no f**king clue, how about you go watch hoffman play instead of just judging him on the few Broncos games he has played for us when we were undermanned. Hoffman is actually a really good player and a awesome attacking weapon.

Wallace at lock, what a f**king moronic comment that is. i know how about we get our side that is already lacking size in the forwards and put a f**king halfback at lock and not someone who can actually tackle, give me a f**king break.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Lockyno1 has no f**king clue, how about you go watch hoffman play instead of just judging him on the few Broncos games he has played for us when we were undermanned. Hoffman is actually a really good player and a awesome attacking weapon.

Wallace at lock, what a f**king moronic comment that is. i know how about we get our side that is already lacking size in the forwards and put a f**king halfback at lock and not someone who can actually tackle, give me a f**king break.

Agree with everything except the bolded. Wallace is arguable the best halfback when it comes to defence. lockyno1 is ridiculous, he has no clue whatsoever.

Latest posts