What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamkungl

Immortal
Totally agree, the crowd looked great on the western side. It lways seems to be like that at the sfs. You get a shock when you see a long shot of the eastern stand. Probably alot to to with the heat thought. I had to move 3 times to get away from the sun today.

Western Side was close to full.
Both ends were empty, closed off actually. I assume they wanted everyone on the sides for atmosphere purposes.
Eastern side was decent in the lower stand, the upper part (is this the SFS members area?) was pretty much empty.
You have the sun in your bloody eyes all day on the Eastern side. bring on winter.

Brutus

Referee
Like an earlier poster mentioned, it's a shame the TV cameras don't face the western side which always have double the crowd of the eastern side during day games.

I know it's more difficult to shoot in the the sun, but they used to do it in the old Lang Park and it didn't come up too bad.

phonetic

Juniors
Like an earlier poster mentioned, it's a shame the TV cameras don't face the western side which always have double the crowd of the eastern side during day games.

I know it's more difficult to shoot in the the sun, but they used to do it in the old Lang Park and it didn't come up too bad.

Who cares.. it does not magically make the crowd bigger. 19k, not too bad. Most crowds this year have pretty much been to expectation in my opinion.

Moffo

Referee
we have had two hot weekends....a lot of people are making the most of the nice weather (no club moreso then the roosters). wait til winter comes, it'll be fine

big boppa eel

Juniors
FFS will u clowns get a grip, its round 2, people are giving to Parra but after 2 games they are averaging approx 17000 to 17500, so please enough of the dramatics.:roll:

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
All I care about is that we've doubled the Bunnies home crowd this week. And they are the benchmark... Just ask 'em.

I absolutely guarantee that at our home game against the Tigers there will be more than 20K.

We played the Titans on a Friday night at 8:30pm.

Surely, even with an intellect as limited as yours, you can appreciate that it is not a fair comparison.

Loudstrat

Coach
how can you consider it not bad crowd? lovely weather, minor premiers v near neighbours, decent stadium. It is as good as it gets for Sydney and that is all that turn up? If ever you needed evidence of how far we have to go in terms of support for the game at games it was on show today.

ffs it hit 35 deg at North Parramatta today. Yeah - great weather - for heatsroke, sunburn, skin cancer etc.

You ever sat in a packed grandstand in the full sun on a 35 deg day? I bet you haven't you pussy.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

Gotta laugh at Souths fans on this one, the crowd was pisspoor, there's no two ways about it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
ffs it hit 35 deg at North Parramatta today. Yeah - great weather - for heatsroke, sunburn, skin cancer etc.

You ever sat in a packed grandstand in the full sun on a 35 deg day? I bet you haven't you pussy.

I live in Perth, it is like that 9 months of the year! Harden up you soft lot! You'll be blaming the cold weather in a few weeks time.:lol:

fanatique

Juniors
Why do games involving Roosters always pull disappointing crowds?

They don't. The Roos draw as well or as badly depending on how you want ot look at it as any other Sydney side.

There is little difference between the Sydney sides. A run of form sees the fans come out. Poor results see them stay at home. Roos no different to any other.

bazza

Immortal
I think crowds have been OK for the start of this season - no shockers so far.
It is nice that people now consider over 15k a disgraceful crowd - a few years back it would have been the highest of the round

Fairfax

Juniors
I absolutely guarantee that at our home game against the Tigers there will be more than 20K.

We played the Titans on a Friday night at 8:30pm.

Surely, even with an intellect as limited as yours, you can appreciate that it is not a fair comparison.

Oh I see, the gloves are off.

The Roosters have not been bragging about everything from membership numbers to the size of their forward pack. Not even all your ticketed members wanted to go and watch your side against the Titans... and you needed the famed SSFC ticker to help get you over the line.

I'd be worried about the claim of 20k vs the Tigers in May. Your season could be over by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts