What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3: Rabbitohs Team vs Sharks

rabs

Staff member
Stability is good. This lineup will hit their straps before too long, no point being March premiers.

coach

what I expected. If we show any sort of form this week we will smash the Sharks, who really are a pretty ordinary team.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
what I expected. If we show any sort of form this week we will smash the Sharks, who really are a pretty ordinary team.
Don't be over confident we were going to smash the Rorters too & we got our arse smacked

How come Sandow & Talanoa held there spots there form has been nothing short of disgraceful

fizman

Bench
The Rabbits are going to click and it is going to be very nasty for the team on the receiving end. I hope it is not this weekend.

The Rabbits will put on 50+ very very soon and the shackles will be broken.

The Sharks team selected is the best this year, but still a very long way behind the quality of Souths.

The only way that my team will win this game is if Souths beat themselves which you guys would understand better than most.

Best wishes for this weekend, may the best team win.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Totally agree, We can only beat ourselves in this round, I'm confident the sharks will miss the wooden spoon, but not confident enough for them to crawl up out of the pits of despair just yet.

But hey, we all know how the last 2 rounds went......](*,)

Bumble

First Grade
Another winnable game - no need to panic and start making massive changes yet

We've seen how good Talanoa and Sandow can be...it's not the time to start being silly

MattJ

Juniors
Hopefully the boys go into this with confidence, but not over confidence.
We saw improvement last game, but more is needed, a lot more.
Hopefully that happens monday night at the expense of the sharkies and we are not the ones to break there losing streak.
Good post Fizman, goodluck to your boys for the rest of the season.

CCJames

Juniors
Really?

Two losses this year versus 12 losses in a row, chasing an NRL record of 14 on the trot.

I'd say the Sharks would be feeling teh pinch a little more than us.

I think the difference is that we have had a lot of pre season hype and the expectation to win in the 2010 season due to the players we purchased and the 'new coach' John Lang. Whereas the Sharks are seen as a weak team this year and the expectation to win the odd game.

This is a make or break game souths and really a must win game

liquor box

Juniors
I am hoping that we can get a 30 point lead relativly early so it looks like we will cruise to a win, and then have someone try something fancy and make a stupid mistake so Lang can show who is boss and pull them off the field for a public ear bashing. This might start to make the team realise that they actually have to perform, not just have hype in the paper.

I really hope if this can happen that it is Sandow who gets a gobful by Lang, I just dont like his attitude this season, he had been talking about how he will be able to play his natural game etc. I would rather him be structured and follow a game plan and try to use his unbelievable skills to help others score points rather than trying to go himself with little chip kicks etc.

Champion was crusified last week for not passing to Merritt, Sandow has stuffed a lot of tries by trying something to fancy. There is a reason that players are generally not allowed free reign on the field, it does not win games. If you can find one piece of brilliance a game you are doing well, a plyer should not try for this brilliance every set of 6.

The senior big name players need to be brought back to reality and luke at the example Luke Stuart sets every week.

Go Rabbitohs!!

Ike E Bear

Juniors
If the kicking game improves then the Bunnies will improve out of sight.

Sutton and Sandow currently seem to have an uncanny knack to pick the wrong option ... and you know it's the wrong option as soon as the foot strikes the ball. Don't bomb when you should bomb. Don't roll it into the in-goal when you should do that.

Sutton has a great bomb when he hits it right and Sandow has a good chip, but doesn't seem great at short range kicking.

Sutton is best when taking on the line, etiher holding the ball and looking for an offload, or drawing defenders and putting a guy into a hole (how good is Pettybourne at hitting a hole ... its one of the many reasons he'll continue to be missed). I think there is a risk of overburdening him with too much kicking. He seems prone to confusion if he's got too many options.

Sandow needs to play more of a dominant role in the kicking and be more effective in it. It'd be great to see him play more like Jamie Soward and less like Peston Campbell. If he can't do that, then maybe he's not the best option for the team. Shrug.