What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Dugan another matai

Gaba

First Grade
Watching the game last night , i heard sterlo making a comment about Dugan , he said something like dugan normally goes down twice a game clutching at a injury of some sort.

Frailty

First Grade
No he is not another Matai because:
  • He is not a cheapshot merchant like Matai
  • He actually gets involved in play when he gets hurt - not make an error.
  • He has shown he puts his body on the line.
Matai is a dog of the lowest order. No one can compare to him.

Dugan puts in 110% effort, carves teams up, goes on long runs, gets hit heaps.

Matai knocks on, breezes past a player shortly after and claims he's popped his shoulder.

Really no comparrison.

shane1970

Juniors
Spot on Gaba - you have my thoughts exactly - great player and all but I've noticed as well that after every hit up he takes he appears injured. I thought exactly the same thing after his first hit up last night.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
No. Matai is a player with some talent who puts in about 60% per game, cries and lies around on the ground and has been doing it for years. Dugan at 20 is the most natural rugby league player the game has produced in a decade who puts his body on the line the whole game through. When he bulks up a little as he gets older his body will be able to take the knocks and he will not limp around for small periods of the game trying to recover.

Stagger eel

Staff member
look, Matai is a gold medalist, there's no doubt about it, but there's definitely daylight between him and the next bloke and com[aring Dugan to him is a bit much at this stage.

nickraider

Juniors
Dugan is a great player who plays with a lot of heart and puts his body on the line time and again which might explain why he gets hurt a fair bit.

Dugan compared to Matai...not even close.

Dugan has natural ability and can win games...Matai can hit hard but it ends there.

Ulysseus

Bench
No.
He is yet to take a swing at someone................ randomly and without provocation.
THEN he'd be another Matai.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Hadn't really noticed it until a Canberra fan at the game made the comment. I think he's just a young kid who goes at 100% all the time and just cops a few knocks. Matai is just a f**king cat.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yep the dude is basically all heart. He has been playing injured for months now. Isn't even training fulltime.

He gets smashed a lot. He keeps coming.

Danish

Referee
Dugans legs are literally made out if tooth picks so it is expected that he would get a lot of niggling corks etc throughout a game.

Difference is though as has been mentioned above is tha Dugans injuries dint correlate exactly with his errors. Matai only gets hurt when he f**ks up

Packy

Bench
Dugan staying down is cos he has heart.

Matai staying down is cos he has no heart