What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Dugan another matai

caspersparks

Juniors
plz guys, more matai threads.. there isn't enough..

somebody on this site (who i can't remember) said it best... (best scarface impression)..

You all a bunch of f**kin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like matai. You need people like matai so you can point your f**kin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy."

Charlie124

First Grade
I dont think anyone was trying to suggest that Dugan is a cat the way Matai is (cheap shots, dirty play etc)... but there is no denying the fact that every time Dugan gets tackled, makes a tackle, watches someone else get tackled or hears the word "tackle" he gets up wincing and limping around, only to be back to 100% 10 seconds later.
I really hope he cuts that sh*t out of his game and consentrates on playing footy like we've all seen him play this year, without the theatrics.

Dazraider

Juniors
i can see where your coming from as Dugan sometimes i believe fakes iit to get a little rest as does matai but he also isnt as built as most guys out there as he still developing and goes at it 110%.
i always remeber last year when he took on Dave Taylor on the try line when it didnt matter if he scored or not but that proved he goes as hard as he can.

skeepe

Immortal
I dont think anyone was trying to suggest that Dugan is a cat the way Matai is (cheap shots, dirty play etc)... but there is no denying the fact that every time Dugan gets tackled, makes a tackle, watches someone else get tackled or hears the word "tackle" he gets up wincing and limping around, only to be back to 100% 10 seconds later.
I really hope he cuts that sh*t out of his game and consentrates on playing footy like we've all seen him play this year, without the theatrics.

He's been playing injured for about half the season. Hasn't been able to train for a few weeks. It's bloody courageous of him to be out there at all. And you call it theatrics? You're a f**king idiot.

Charlie124

First Grade
He's been playing injured for about half the season. Hasn't been able to train for a few weeks. It's bloody courageous of him to be out there at all. And you call it theatrics? You're a f**king idiot.

Pull your tongue out of his arse mate he's been doing it since he made his debut, not just the last half of this season. Every NRL footballer has to play and train with niggling injuries, it comes along with the territory and isnt anything unique to Dugan. Besides that, if they were actual injuries he wouldnt magically recover from them seconds later.

He is a very tallented young player with a lot of potential to be counted among the games best, i just wish he'd cut out the bullsh*t and focus on that.

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
Dugan probably isnt quite at peak fitness stamina wise, if anything he just looked tired after a couple of effort plays, rather than injured. That fitness will come with age/getting over his current injuries.

Bloody good player!

Everyone is focusing on faking injuries, thats not what I thought this thread was going to be about. Most of his injuries aren't even in a penalty situation.

My question is.. what is happening to Dugan, for him to be so (almost) injured all the time? Yet he always seems ok a few minutes later, has he just been extremely lucky? I keep thinking he will come off but he never does.. some sort of ongoing injury that gets aggravated but he can play through? It's very strange.

Everyone is focusing on faking injuries, thats not what I thought this thread was going to be about. Most of his injuries aren't even in a penalty situation.

My question is.. what is happening to Dugan, for him to be so (almost) injured all the time? Yet he always seems ok a few minutes later, has he just been extremely lucky? I keep thinking he will come off but he never does.. some sort of ongoing injury that gets aggravated but he can play through? It's very strange.

It's been noted that he is poor training & rehabilitation wise. I'm sure this will improve as he gets older and realises the benefits & need for for it.

He is playing injured at the moment, iirc he has a fractured cheekbone along with other injuries. A full off season will do wonders for him

Latest posts