What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Slightly Off Topic here but did anyone else notice Harold Matthews Player of the Year and Penrith's own Jakiel Fuimaono on X Factor tonight?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Didnt see the other night. He broke down in tears tonight though cause he stuffed up the lyrics.

stumpyone

Juniors
HM apparently Fotu Luanu missed out, Logan Geyer in, "Skittles" Ver??? from Brothers in, Mandela Vito in, Robert Jennings in, this years 15s aged Matts should be in, Lodge, Glanville, Fuimumono,any other news. The teams being selected now is the 2010 Matts and Ball for trips to NZ and Goild Coast. Next years squad do not start to train until november.

Art Vandalay

Juniors
if the HM side is going before the season starts that would give them time to gel as a team
do you know when there going stumpy?

Fibroman

First Grade
Only problem with giant 14 and 15 year olds is that when they are 19 or 20, they are still the same size and alot softer and slower than the others that eventually catch up to them.

Sooner they bring back weight for age the better for the game and particularly for Penrith, because pacific islanders make up a large proportion of our junior base.

stumpyone

Juniors
Art I undertand it is this years teams going not next years. The teams going are the 2010 not 2010. The boys we have talked about are in the train on for 2011.

stretcher

Juniors
Only problem with giant 14 and 15 year olds is that when they are 19 or 20, they are still the same size and alot softer and slower than the others that eventually catch up to them.

Sooner they bring back weight for age the better for the game and particularly for Penrith, because pacific islanders make up a large proportion of our junior base.
I think u have to take into account the clubs they play for as well because some of the big overweight islander boys really excell with extra training and not just playing touch footy as training so i say take all the big units you can get train them up and see what happens and all it will cost is a tshirt and a pair of training shorts all the other clubs do it and most of the players they take are from this area......

Fibroman

First Grade
I think u have to take into account the clubs they play for as well because some of the big overweight islander boys really excell with extra training and not just playing touch footy as training so i say take all the big units you can get train them up and see what happens and all it will cost is a tshirt and a pair of training shorts all the other clubs do it and most of the players they take are from this area......

The only problem with that is all the talented fast kids with pace, footwork and good kicking games get sick of getting smashed and go to soccer or AFL. Hence there are no decent halves going around thesedays.

I can remember when Brandy couldn't get a start in rep footy because he had Sterling, Mortimer, Stuart etc in front of him, and the best we could do this year was Kimmorley.

sweet-as

Juniors
The only problem with that is all the talented fast kids with pace, footwork and good kicking games get sick of getting smashed and go to soccer or AFL. Hence there are no decent halves going around thesedays.

Mate, as sad as it is, the reality is that our NRL players are getting bigger and heavier each year. If they ever want to go anywhere these small players need to be able to cope with what they have. If they are scared of getting hurt maybe they are better off playing soccer or AFL :?

micro

Juniors
anyone know who is the twenty selected to tour New Zealnd, i believe they leave early october for ten days, 3 or four games???

sweet-as

Juniors
The Sea Eagles have conducted trials for their Harold Matthews, SG Ball and NYC squads for the 2011 season.
Congratulations to all players who attended.
The following players are invited to join the rest of our squads. Players selected will receive further information by post.

SG Ball Squad

Regan Henry
Jason Doran
Dylan Ariu

Oneil Anguna
Dom Woodward

umm WTF? :?

murraymob

Coach
The Sea Eagles have conducted trials for their Harold Matthews, SG Ball and NYC squads for the 2011 season.
Congratulations to all players who attended.
The following players are invited to join the rest of our squads. Players selected will receive further information by post.

SG Ball Squad

Regan Henry
Jason Doran
Dylan Ariu

Oneil Anguna
Dom Woodward

umm WTF? :?

would they have made our squads