What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

stumpyone

Juniors
I understand the train on squad is 40 players, HM squad will be 25, 10 to Western Sydney Academy and 5 drop back to their club team.

Art Vandalay

Juniors
any idea of wat type of players are usually dropped, positon wise?
and ive heard good things from lee addison hopefully he can deliver in next years season

stretcher

Juniors
any idea of wat type of players are usually dropped, positon wise?
and ive heard good things from lee addison hopefully he can deliver in next years season
Well he is going to have the players to win the comp so he will have some pressure and the two ball coaches will have there work cut out for them......

micro

Juniors
I've heard some really good players missed out, so must be a strong squad?
a couple of the boys have said the top 20 who are going to New Zealand will be announced at the next training session, that will give a very good indication who Penrith see as the top squad. Add 2 or 3 younger players and the balance of younger boys to academy 2011.

stretcher

Juniors
yes would be nice to see the squads, will be interesting to see how big the HM squad is 45 seems a bit to big?
Its about time penrith made the squads that big it gives so many more players exposure to an off season at that level and parra and bulldogs always have that many..

Art Vandalay

Juniors
yess but players could go elsewhere instead of getting cut after a few months which allot of them will with the bigger squad but i see your pint stretcher
and im sure rob made the sqaud especially after making ccc, and who won the 14/1s gf today i know st calir won in a thriller in 15s

ashton

Juniors
Its about time penrith made the squads that big it gives so many more players exposure to an off season at that level and parra and bulldogs always have that many..

How many out of towners (country, NZ & QLD players) are in the SG Ball and HM squads.

stretcher

Juniors
yess but players could go elsewhere instead of getting cut after a few months which allot of them will with the bigger squad but i see your pint stretcher
and im sure rob made the sqaud especially after making ccc, and who won the 14/1s gf today i know st calir won in a thriller in 15s
You have to keep in mind they are trialling for two squads dont forget the academy and anyway the last couple of years players have still had the opportunity to go elsewhere even after they get cut it happens someone will always need a player or two my point is a lot of other clubs are trialling 40players or more and they dont have the beauty of the academy so i say its a great idea cause some fringe players really thrive on the hard training and the weights especially if they have never done it before they call these type of players smokies.........

Latest posts