What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Controversial Billboards

Big Sam

First Grade
I have been overseas for the past 5 months and returned to Sydney for the first time over the weekend. I was dismayed to see that on Malabar Rd between Maroubra and Coogee, South Sydney heartland, 2 massive Tooheys billboards emblazoned with the saying "You're in Roosters Territory" had been positioned.

I have seen similar billboards in the past along the same stretch of road saying "You're in Rabbitohs Territory". So who is responsible for this change? Is it Tooheys or have Easts paid Tooheys to do this?

If it's Easts then I'm sick to death of those cockheads pulling shit like this. They did the same during our years in exile by promoting their home games with posters in Maroubra Junction. Not content with stealing our Juniors over many years, it seems they are now desperately trying to steal supporters.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
so help me out here.. Where do the official boundaries lie?

Given that maroubra and coogee are beaches, does the roosters territory start east of there?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Get a Gregorys!

Yep.. Checked one of them and it still looks like coogee is near bondi in the east..

for a non-souths or roosters fan, i'm curious to know where the boundaries are..

we have some obvious geographical boundaries between us and our local rivals (cronulla), however i'm not actually sure what is your and what is roosters territory..

adamkungl

Immortal
The official junior league boundary lies on Rainbow St. But we all know the whole south east beaches area is split between Roosters and Souffs.

All I can say on this matter is...eat a dick souffs :lol:

CMUX

The whole thing is the Eastern Suburbs thus it’s Roosters territory.

Souffs can f**k off.

BunniesMan

Immortal
rofl, Maroubra is Souths heartland. You can't just say "we'll have it". I know Maroubra and everything south of it is Souths, I'm pretty sure Coogee is too.

1. James Roberts
2. Nathan Merritt
3. Dylan Farrell
4. Greg Inglis
5. Chris McQueen
6. John Sutton
7. Chris Sandow
8. Ben Ross
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi (c)
11. Dave Tyrrell
12. David Taylor
13. Michael Crocker

Interchange:
14. Jason Clark
15. Shannan McPherson
16. Nathan Peats
17. Eddy Pettybourne

8 from 17 is not bad representation imo. Especially when you consider that 4 of the others made their first grade debut for Souths.

How many Roosters Juniors do the Roosters have playing first grade?

How many Souths juniuors do the Roosters have playing first grade?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Ah yes, my mistake, I forgot about all the juniors currently playing for South’s :crazy:
You're saying we don't play juniors? We've debuted four souths juniors in our last 12 games. Compared to the grand total of one the famous nursery of Penrith has produced in the last TWO YEARS. Our junior base is as good as anyones and we do a good job of bringing them through.

1. James Roberts
2. Nathan Merritt
3. Dylan Farrell
4. Greg Inglis
5. Chris McQueen
6. John Sutton
7. Chris Sandow
8. Ben Ross
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi (c)
11. Dave Tyrrell
12. David Taylor
13. Michael Crocker

Interchange:
14. Jason Clark
15. Shannan McPherson
16. Nathan Peats
17. Eddy Pettybourne

8 from 17 is not bad representation imo. Especially when you consider that 4 of the others made their first grade debut for Souths.

How many Roosters Juniors do the Roosters have playing first grade?

How many Souths juniuors do the Roosters have playing first grade?

Kane Morgan into the mix.

Danish

Referee
I've got an idea.

Take 100 residents from Coogee and ask them 1 simple question. What part of sydney do you live in??

If less than 3 in 4 state the Eastern Suburbs, you can claim the area.

Danish

Referee
You reap what you sow,its common knowlege in the 50's your mob (as now) did not give a fying fig about juniors.

You're mob hasn't given a cent to juniors in decades. In fact, you've been leeching millions out of them rather than giving anything back.