What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH - Hayne pain: Dugan No.1 as Dragons dominate squad

Stagger eel

Staff member
A true champion doesn't whinge at his non selection he response accordingly on the field, and I expect him to do that on Monday night.

When all is said and done I still can't bring myself to support Queensland and I never will

Craig Johnston

First Grade
so it's official, jarryd hayne's future in state of origin is f.ucked for as long as ricky stuart is the coach.

we're (the game) going to lose him when his contract's done if not sooner

oldmancraigy

Coach
A true champion doesn't whinge at his non selection he response accordingly on the field, and I expect him to do that on Monday night.

When all is said and done I still can't bring myself to support Queensland and I never will

I agree with ya Staggs!

But I'm gonna find it pretty blimming hard to cheer for the bumbling blues this year. (King, Dugan, Jennings, Merrin oh dear.)

oldmancraigy

Coach
I know I am going to get shot down for this, but I mostly agree with Stuart in the current context.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...o-bombs-on-fullback-hayne-20110515-1eode.html

Rightly or wrongly, I think this setback will fire Hayne up and become even a better player. Hayne needs to mature and setbacks make character.

Basically Stuart is saying he didn't pick Hayne because (i) he doesn't think Hayne is a fullback and (ii) he thinks that Hayne is such a brilliant fullback that he'd have to adjust his style to accomodate him and (iii) he prefers a worse fullback and (iv) that Daniel Andersen and Michael Hagan and Stephen Kearney all have absolutely no clue because they play Hayne at FB instead of 5/8...

Stuart's Cronulla teams are well known for being impotent in attack - no surprise that he omits guys like Farah and Hayne...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Stuart didn't pick because Hayne because he hasnt played much in chosen posistion:lol: He has been playing fullback longer than Dugans been in first grade :lol: I give up I really do.

strider

Post Whore
Stuart didn't pick because Hayne because he hasnt played much in chosen posistion:lol: He has been playing fullback longer than Dugans been in first grade :lol: I give up I really do.

actually I think he's referring to picking them (hayne and idris) in positions OTHER fullback and centre (ie playing hayne 5/8 and idris second row)

whatever - ricky is a twat

Tizzun

Juniors
I believe Sticky is planning on sticking with the chosen team for the 3 games (injuries aside), he attributes NSW losing 5 series to them always making mass changes after a loss.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I believe Sticky is planning on sticking with the chosen team for the 3 games (injuries aside), he attributes NSW losing 5 series to them always making mass changes after a loss.

how ironic

how many changes has he just made form last years squad ?

oldmancraigy

Coach
how ironic

how many changes has he just made form last years squad ?

indeed (although to be fair last years squad was fairly poorly selected too)

I can't believe he plans to play a series with J King starting at prop :crazy:

One wonders what happens if Dugan gets injured. Who is Ricky's next "fullback"?
From the article he wrote, he won't change to Hayne - since Hayne is "not a fullback" (??)
I'd bet they WOULD pick Hayne, which might force the question of "why not choose him for game 1?"

I feel for Robbie Farah again. Poor guy getting overlooked for someone who is also inferior to him in every department. Perhaps Farah should stop kicking and passing too?

Delboy

First Grade
Not that Ricky is arrogant in his opinions, such a wonderful record at the Sharks playing some people out of position.

Good to see Ricky is out there promoting himself as usual

Suitman

Post Whore
I bet QLD would have picked Hayne & Idris.

Gordon Tallis was on the Grill Team this morning, while Stuart was on the line, and said he couldn't believe Hayne was not selected. He said Queensland was laughing, or something along those lines.

Suity

Wally21

Bench
Gordon Tallis was on the Grill Team this morning, while Stuart was on the line, and said he couldn't believe Hayne was not selected. He said Queensland was laughing, or something along those lines.

Suity

Go Gordy! Every QLDer I have asked so far believes Hayne would have walked into the Maroons. They are laughing as well!

MrT

Juniors

Hear you Stagger, but after these selections, I could never bring myself to support anything associated with Ricky Stuart and I never will

MrT

Juniors
so it's official, jarryd hayne's future in state of origin is f.ucked for as long as ricky stuart is the coach.

we're (the game) going to lose him when his contract's done if not sooner

NSW will get thumped in the series
Ricky Stuart and selectors will get sacked for the non selection of Hayne and Idris