What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini New Blues Fullback

Cliffhanger

Coach
Are you trying to say Gidley is a terrible player? Because a claim like that is so ridiculous it does not deserve a response. If you're referring to his origin performances then there is a lot of contenders.

Morris, King were awful, majority of Kimmorley's contributions were shit, Wallace had one good game and then was awful, Campese was terrible, Wolfman was fairly bad too, Anasta never played well at that level.

There's numerous players in the last decade who were worse.

Anasta was fantastic in 05, Kimmorley was good in the 90's and early 2000's and it's hardly fair to bring up players with 1 or 2 games. Gidley is the worst ever player for NSW atleast in origin, 10 games of pure shit.

giggity giggity

Juniors
some noteworthy S.O.O. players that where handy club players but VERY average blues players include:phill duke ,robbie niszczot, robbie ross,brett rodwell,greg brentnall,matty seers,don mckinnon,terry fahey,alan wilson,jim leis,bobby cooper,robert stone,phill sigworth.
but i have to agree with tt that out of the 10 game + club gidley is the worst by a mile but not far behind would be mick vella,brent kite,adam muir,craig wing,mat cooper,braith anasta,trent barrett,jamie ainscough.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Anybody who didn't rate Wing as an origin play should have been taken out by natural selection years ago. Guy scored a try with one of his first touches. Made more metres out of dummy half in 20 minutes than Bedsy did all match.

Craig Wing was one of the most valuable impact bench players at Origin level ever.

giggity giggity

Juniors
you got me there cliffhanger ,wing scored his only ever origin try in his first game
then played another 12 and did nothing ,but you hang on to that memory it's obvious that it's very precious to you ,i'll remember the other 12 games where he was very average and as far as wing being N.S.W. best ever bench player well i'll bite.
i think beaver would beg to argue even cement might have a go and at a long shot but still ahead of wing would be brad mackay and mabey even the brick with eyes ?

Cliffhanger

Coach
He wasn't superrior to Buderus but Wing played an important role in the games he played. In 2003 he used to average way over 100 metres a game. No hooker could take metres from dummy half like Craig Wing.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Anybody who didn't recognise Wing's value in origin is a moron. In 2003 he was one of the most valuable players at every rep level. I think he was MOTM in City v Country and the first match of the Ashes series.

Monk

Referee
Wing was electric as an impact player in Origin. Him and Budsy were a great 1-2 combo and something similar hasn't been found since.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i'm just having a laugh at the souffs forum where someone has posted that wesser would be a better choice for NSW than mini..

a) he's clearly a worse player..
b) he's also a queenslander..

Latest posts