What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Hindmarsh - Game # 300

Parraletic

Juniors
Well i'll be travelling a massive 15 minutes to get there. Can't wait for this one, wouldn't miss it for the world.

Hindy is a absolute legend - every Parra fan that can go should be there!

is there an away team spectator area at centrebet stadium? im taking my mum to the game and we want to be sitting in eel central not surrounded by panthers supporters

Eels Dude

Coach
is there an away team spectator area at centrebet stadium? im taking my mum to the game and we want to be sitting in eel central not surrounded by panthers supporters

It'd be impossible. All of Penrith Stadium is general admission apart from the upper grandstands and the few middle bays on the lower sidelines. And they can't reserve an away supporters bay in any of them because it's already taken up by season ticketholders.

hindy111

Post Whore
its history mate-the parra clap clap clap ...but for one game hindy....
As a 7yld going to the footy i used to love the parra chant.Its up to us older guys now to keep it carrying thru for the next generation....

Yeah we could come up with a better one with more words and all but to fire up the crowd you just cant beat the PARRA clap clap clap

Eels Dude

Coach
its history mate-the parra clap clap clap ...but for one game hindy....
As a 7yld going to the footy i used to love the parra chant.Its up to us older guys now to keep it carrying thru for the next generation....

Yeah we could come up with a better one with more words and all but to fire up the crowd you just cant beat the PARRA clap clap clap

Yeah fair enough. Parra clap-clap-clap is just uninspiring and generic these days especially when you've got a ground announcer playing a pre-recorded tape of it down the loudspeaker. It's very outdated and most fans cringe when they hear it.

hindy111

Post Whore
its easy and its fun.
I remember the parra vs dogs semi 2009.
It was more like a war cry

Eels Dude

Coach
I vote we change it to Sweet Caroline-clap-clap-clap.

I wasn't able to make Friday's game, but I've heard they were playing it. Does anyone know the meaning behind it. It certainly seems like a very odd choice of song to play at a sporting game. For any club in any code.

Parra Pride

Coach
I wasn't able to make Friday's game, but I've heard they were playing it. Does anyone know the meaning behind it. It certainly seems like a very odd choice of song to play at a sporting game. For any club in any code.

No idea why but according to wikipedia we aren't the only ones who play it.
"Sweet Caroline" is popular at sporting events. Sherrie Levy, Neil Diamond's press agent, remarked, "I'm not sure how it happened, but we're very pleased that it happened." The song is a tradition in many Major League Baseball stadiums. Boston's Fenway Park has played the song since at least 1997, and it has been played at every game in the middle of the eighth inning since 2002 by the influence of Amy Tobey, a production agent responsible for the audio played over the park's loudspeakers. "She had noticed 'Sweet Caroline' was used at other sporting events, and she decided to send the sweetness over the Fenway speakers." On opening night of the 2010 season at Fenway Park, the song was performed (albeit abridged) by Diamond himself. It is also played at sporting events at the University of Pittsburgh.

The song is also played during television timeouts of Davidson College men's basketball games and gained national attention during the school's 2008 run to the Elite Eight of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament.

Eels Dude

Coach
No idea why but according to wikipedia we aren't the only ones who play it.

So US it's used by a few US baseball teams, plus a US college basketball team. No disrespect to Neil Diamond but the song means very little to Australian culture, let alone Australian sporting culture, and is not even close to a sports anthem. Very odd.

Parra Guru

Coach
nathan-hindmarsh-420x0.jpg

nathan-hindmarsh-420x0.jpg

252717-nathan-hindmarsh.jpg

500140-nathan-hindmarsh.jpg

nathan_hindmarsh_narrowweb__300x392,0.jpg

Latest posts