What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings and Crap IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

caylo

Bench
Very funny. Yes, I am a junior. "clearly run by 12 year old" :lol::lol:
No surprises.
By the way caylo, can you figure out the comparative percentage of arrogant tools in relation to well-meaning fools on either site? I think you will find the results to be enlightening and appropriate.

Arrogant or well-meaning, I like the fools on this site better. Also how would you propose I measure "arrogance" and "well-meaning". Very subjective and any comparison would probably be insignificant for that reason.

Mate the site is clearly not very well run, I actually laugh when I read some of the crap there and I honestly think the avg age of poster there is about 16. I should make it clear that I don't have any interest in either site, I simply think this site is more productive even though a lot of banter is thrown around.

Eels Dude

Coach
:lol: So if you don't read that site how would you know? And how do you know they aren't taking the p!ss like people on "this" site do?
This "site superiority" mantra is hilarious. They are both sites to talk to other fans, I don't see why people on the other site or on this site must be unfairly categorized similarly like an inferior pack. I read both sites avidly for information and discussion, and trying to prioritize one over the other due to "rumour credibility" is childish and stupid.

You've missed the point again Boxy. Use and read the other site as much as you want, but there's no need to report stuff you read on there in this forum because if anyone is interested they'll go and look for themselves.

boxhead

First Grade
i've visited that other place but I don't find it that interesting tbh - and its format is bloody annoying!! .... i rely on the fact that others here will post anything remotely juicy from there :D

and i'd prefer to stay here cos its always funny to see ME catch someone who thinks he's being serious when he has a little stir of the pot, plus dragging up 5 yr old threads and ppl unknowingly responding like they are new :lol:

Thats fair enough. I'm not advocating the other site anymore than I would this one, I just don't understand why prejudiced comments are made by select members of either site and label everyone on either site as generic and unreliable.

Arrogant or well-meaning, I like the fools on this site better. Also how would you propose I measure "arrogance" and "well-meaning". Very subjective and any comparison would probably be insignificant for that reason.

Mate the site is clearly not very well run, I actually laugh when I read some of the crap there and I honestly think the avg age of poster there is about 16. I should make it clear that I don't have any interest in either site, I simply think this site is more productive even though a lot of banter is thrown around.

So calling everyone on the other site idiots is subjective as well? Assuming they are unreliable, foolish or are fundamentally different from the users on this site simply because they use that site is as subjective and opinionated, and as you say, insignificant for that reason.
So....its "clearly not very well run" because every member has the freedom to post what they want? You areblaming the operators/moderators of a site because of the "crap" you read on there? You do realize you are basing your argument on a subjective opinion of what other people write? In jest or in seriousness, are you able to determine when a user on either site is doing so? How can you lecture me about subjective opinion and measuring it when you yourself describe them mostly as idiots?

You've missed the point again Boxy. Use and read the other site as much as you want, but there's no need to report stuff you read on there in this forum because if anyone is interested they'll go and look for themselves.

Did you see Strider's post? And what's the difference between reporting common knowledge or information published in leading papers or media sections or gathering information from the other site? If people don't like the other site for whatever reason or simply find it's layout difficult to understand, then there is no reason why people can't post rumours or details from the other site in a "rumour" thread.

Gronk

Staff member

FFS this site is about sharing thoughts, links, rumours and opinions about the Eels.

Boxy, I say you can post any rumour you like in the rumour thread and that perhaps any merkin who doesn't like it should steer clear of this thread altogether.

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, I don't like the format of the other eels site. Too confusing, and any worthwhile speculation will be cross-posted on here by people who look at both sites.

And after years of reading and posting here, I prefer our site's "well-meaning fools and arrogant tools" a lot more. Because they're OUR fools and tools... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts