What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positives

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought Roberts went alright before he got injured, and after he went off what little attack we had seemed to die.

Fancy a team's attack falling to shit when they're reduced to only one playmaker!

Didn't you watch us last year?

Sio was good, very promising, same with Blair though I'd like to see Blair get a run at centre.

If he went well on the wing why would you want to shift him?

Parra Pride

Coach
Morgan was a rock in defence, smashed a Bronco and forced an error in a danger situation too. Blair looked like he went to the Grothe Jnr school of defence and missed every second lesson. Pretty simple I'd have thought.

The rubbish Morgan cops is ludicrous, he is a very solid young kid and will be a good player.

The problem is that Blair is a centre not a winger, he has just be bumped onto the wing because we have a park footballer in Esi taking centre ahead of him.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I agree with Baz, not sure why all the Morgan hate??? I thought he was solid in defence and had no room to work in all night. Esi was far worse IMO even though he had to Mark Hodges.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah for me morgan did well. Once Hayne is back and tonga blair and burt go for me.Sio morgan and esi are bigger stronger and younger than burty b

Parra Pride

Coach
Yeah for me morgan did well. Once Hayne is back and tonga blair and burt go for me.Sio morgan and esi are bigger stronger and younger than burty b

Mate Esi is a nuffy and should only play if our entire 1st grade, NYC, and NSW cup backlines get season ending injuries.

Bazal

Post Whore
The problem is that Blair is a centre not a winger, he has just be bumped onto the wing because we have a park footballer in Esi taking centre ahead of him.

Blair at this stage is a park footballer too. Both show promise but people calling for Blair over Morgan are just plain wrong IMO. Blair over Esi could certainly be a discussion once Hayne is back, however

Parra Pride

Coach
Blair at this stage is a park footballer too. Both show promise but people calling for Blair over Morgan are just plain wrong IMO. Blair over Esi could certainly be a discussion once Hayne is back, however

I'm not calling for Blair over Morgan though, I'm calling for Blair over Esi.

Delboy

First Grade
Just got back from the game, you can't really see the real performance from the TV

The centres actually did well, held their opposites who are rep players, the wingers did their job. Burt unfortunately is Burt, probably should not be playing NRL when all are available.

if you want to be picky , no second playmaker when Roberts went off, we need someone to spark from dummy half when MK comes off. The back row is pedestrian, Hindy in reality offers little in attack and Horo and Lasalo were noticeable in not being noticeable. Reni did Ok for his first game

On a positive note, the NYC beat a top rated side, and have a few players that we can eagerly wait for , spoke to Peter Nolan who suggested better times are on the horizon as we see these guys come through. Kelepi Tanganoa, Fraser Mazimoa and Rodeny Ma'afoa were awesome.

Back row, a second hooker and a full backwould have madde it a different result, anhyway that was the view from high in the stand.

Positives and Negatives to come out onthe game. I we could do something about our hooker then that would help us out heaps.

alpine eel73

Juniors
Mortz was channeling through sandow tonight... it's like he's still at the club. Our young guys played well, Burt forgot to turn up tonight . I wasn't expecting that much from the Eels tonight...but i wasn't expecting such a shytfull performance . If we keep that up this year the spoon is ours.
I'll give them till round 5 to get their sh1t together.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
It is the first round and we were expected to lose tonight. I reckon we should look at the positives from tonights game instead of the negatives. Yes if we are still playing like tonight after 6-10 rounds then lets be negative.

Anyhow my positives from tonight;

- Our defence in the first half, we defended quite a few sets on our line without letting the broncos in.
- Our speed especially in the first half when moving up in defence was very fast and agressive - good signs there
- Considering the amount of ball or penalties we gave the broncos we were still in the game with ten to go.
- Our inexperienced backs went quite good. Blair and Sio look the goods, both run the ball hard and have good speed - they will improve over time. All the backs defended quite well and controlled Hodges nicely
- Our centres went ok in defence and in my opinion Tonga went ok considering what has been mentioned of his trial form.
- Hindmarsh went great considering at what stage his career is at.
- In Mannah and Allgood we have two props with the potential to lead the side for the next 5-7 years.
- Sandow's kicking game in the first half was good.
- Roberts went better then expected.
- Broncos from my understanding had a full strenght side. WEe had Tonga and Hayne out (ilike the broncos without hodges and Yoh Yeh)

Anyhow lets be positive for a while and give the side a chance.
-

If you are happy with that peformance you like look being in for a big happy year. Couldnt give Sandow anymore than 3/10 for that performance.

hindy111

Post Whore
yeah sandow did put in some ncie kicks and all bu his passing game was horrible-i doubt the wet suits his style thou

Eelementary

Post Whore
Sandow was a positive for me. I wasn't expecting the earth, he's finding his way with the side but he made us so much better in that first half. Yes, he lost his way in the back forty but he lost his halves partner, his only combination in a new side. He will find his feet and I think we'll be very happy we signed him. The commentators mentioned it in the coverage, when he had Roberts he looked calm and composed, rather than running around like a lunatic. I think once he settles and gets combinations with the rest of the side going he will really take off, personally.

Couldn't agree more. You're one of my favourite posters!

I thought our defense was magnificent; our pack was strong (Horo impressed me - ran hard and defended well); Blair and Sio are exciting; Esi was a handful ball in hand; Morgan defended bravely; and Burty looked sharp. I also felt Keating had a good game.

Disappointed we lost, but overall excited for this season.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
we won the forward battle. it was just the slack marker defence that cost us.

here's proof

hitups
us 86 for 705m
broncos 76 for 580m

dhr
us 13 for 75m
broncos 18 for 139m (a 10th of total yardage)

Glenn

First Grade
It's not our job to improve; our job is to enjoy the team.

For most of us that means looking at the positives. The rest must enjoy focusing elsewhere.

If you enjoy medocrity, sure.
Can't gloss over the negatives and pretend they don't exist.